Need each date in date range on separate page (1 Viewer)

pbuethe

Returning User
Local time
Today, 07:06
I have
1.a table where one of the fields is RequestDate.
2.a form in which a date range (FromDate and ToDate) is entered.
3.a query which will select all records with RequestDate in this date range.
4.a report which prints the results of this query.

How do I get the report to print the records with RequestDate equal to each date in the range on a separate page? e.g. if FromDate = 11/21/2016 and ToDate = 11/25/2016, the report should have 5 pages, where page 1 contains records with RequestDate = 11/21/2016, page 2 contains records with RequestDate = 11/22/2016, etc.

I tried putting RequestDate in a group header (as well as with the detail fields), but it still listed all the records together, and listed the RequestDate as equal to the ToDate for all the records.

Then I moved all the detail to the group header. This time it printed only the one record that really had a request date equal to the ToDate.

Thanks for your help.

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:06
Make sure the group section is grouped on RequestDate. Move the RequestDate textbox to the group header. All the other detail stays in the detail.

Add the group footer and change the Force New Page property of the group footer to After Section.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:06
If you use AC2010 and above you should use the Group footer option in the Grouping and Summing. Using the Properties will not work :(

pbuethe

Returning User
Local time
Today, 07:06
stopher: Thanks! Your suggestions worked.

smig: I am using Access 2007.

Now on to the other part of my problem. The report is now successfully displaying the new records for each date in the entered date range (those with a RequestDate on that day). It also needs to show "carryover" records. These are records with:
1.Request Date is earlier than the date on top of the page.
and
2.Another field, NotifyDate, is null or is later than the date on top of the page.

Is this doable? Thanks for your assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom