New spreadsheets category

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:05
After much debate and polling, Excel has received a more prominent position on these forums. I've also thrown in there Google Sheets for good measure.

Jon,

There are soooo many other matrix-oriented software programs out there. It might not make sense, but you *could* includes others I would think. Like for instance, Quickbooks? I a lot of small business people use that. I've come across many. Maybe it's way out of left field though, and has no business on the forum....

I have considered creating another forum, with a linked forum. This means you click the link to go to that category but it takes you to a new site instead.

do you have enough pounds over there to be doing that, sir? :p or would it be an add-on domain? those are cheap, at least here in the USA. and also here in the USA, every company offers literally hundreds of subdomains for free with a primary.

There is a ton of cost in starting a forum: software cost, hosting, domains, and the big one...time.

well I don't run forums Jon, so I would have no idea. but a forum is just a domain, isn't it? If you already have a hosting plan, what's wrong with just starting another forum as an add-on domain to that hosting plan? or are the hosting companies different over there in Big Ben land?

I would use the same host. But the forum software itself costs $150 to $200. Then add-ons. Renewal fees. The domain cost is negligible. And then it is very hard to get a forum established and thriving.

you would know more than me about that, man. If you do decide on it, I hope it works for you. Regarding the cost of forum software, it seems that it's not that bad....

seems_to_be_not_much-jpg.78638

Attachments

• seems_to_be_not_much.jpg
    seems_to_be_not_much.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 209
Hmm, what about an Macros and VBA section under Excel?

Good points Gina. I want to see if any traction happens in the Excel forum for a while. It is a test!

Hmm, what about an Macros and VBA section under Excel?
hey, not to mention a sticky informing new users on how to use the code generated by the macro recorder as a learning tool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom