On a more positive note... (1 Viewer)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:41
ColinEssex said:
Here's an extract from another sickly monologue - anyone remember "A Deck of Cards"?? :rolleyes: It has to be the sickest record to grace the UK charts.

ok, who's first to tear this apart??? ;)

Col

Whoa, this is bottom of the barrel time. Unless you're some kind of Scrooge who doesn't respect Christmas, I think you should remove Christianity from your list of topics of ridicule.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
(Did your drain thing-a-ma-bob work in yesterdays rainstorm?)
Yes its fab. It was pissing down all afternoon and we had no problems with pooling water.

Have you got any more of those lovely ;) word thingy's you can post, we found it really interesting :D

Feeling better now? had a couple of coffees yet? :rolleyes:

I'm off to a meeting - catch you later

Col

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Unless you're some kind of Scrooge who doesn't respect Christmas, I think you should remove Christianity from your list of topics of ridicule.
Sorry to interject here but Christmas is actually a pagan festival :p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
dan-cat said:
Whoa, this is bottom of the barrel time. Unless you're some kind of Scrooge who doesn't respect Christmas, I think you should remove Christianity from your list of topics of ridicule.
Its unlikely we'll go into it :rolleyes: (unless anyone else wants to)
We hammered christianity a couple of years ago - ask Cindy (Mrs Gorilla)

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Sorry to interject here but Christmas is actually a pagan festival :p

It is? Please explain to me how Christmas is, in modern day society, a Pagan festival?

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Its unlikely we'll go into it :rolleyes: (unless anyone else wants to)
We hammered christianity a couple of years ago - ask Cindy (Mrs Gorilla)

Col

If by hammered you mean ridiculed, then no thanks.

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
It is? Please explain to me how Christmas is, in modern day society, a Pagan festival?
It was adopted by Christianity along with the worship of trees :eek:
if one actually studies the birth of Jesus it was reckoned to be some time in October :rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
It was adopted by Christianity along with the worship of trees :eek:

Oh I see, so Christmas is actually a Christian festival today, not a pagan festival. It's just that there used to be a pagan festival at the same time of year. Sorry, you confused me when you said Christmas IS a pagan festival.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
They are a shallow bunch :eek:

We do seem to be at the bottom of the barrel today. :(

Still if you can post responses like this after such ridicule, I'm sure we'll be back out in no time. :)

KenHigg said:
Thank you. :)

I always knew you are really just an old softie at heart :)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 11:41
Ah...

Anytime either of those two chime in, I try not take it too serious... I think they're just venting anger from some other problems in their life :rolleyes:

Just give 'em some space :p :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
Ah...

Anytime either of those two chime in, I try not take it too serious...

Me too, otherwise I would have been convinced that saturnalia was still being celebrated by millions every year as opposed to Christmas. :rolleyes:

KenHigg

Local time
Now just where did a Kentucky boy ever hear a word like 'Saturnalia'? It sure wasn't something we picked up in 12 years of public education in Alabama! :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Google and a most unnatural inquisitive mind for a hillbilly :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
We also bring a tree into the house in December, but I don't pray to it. I'm allergic to the needles :p

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Those angry anti-Christmas Brits choose to view Christmas as a paganistic commercially driven and celebrated holiday. They seem to ignore that there are still a good deal of people out there that still celebrate it for its Christian meaning. But then again I would expect much different from our aethiest friends from across the way. :rolleyes: ;)

KenHigg

Local time
NJudson said:
Those angry anti-Christmas Brits choose to view Christmas as a paganistic commercially driven and celebrated holiday. They seem to ignore that there are still a good deal of people out there that still celebrate it for its Christian meaning. But then again I would expect much different from our aethiest friends from across the way. :rolleyes: ;)

Now, now, NJ...

Don't you realize that their view is from a much, much deeper and intellectually superior perspective. How dare you challenge them!

:p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom