On Form Exit Missing Macro (1 Viewer)

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:39
My DB has been running great for years. Then recently I've started having an issue with it I cannot seem to solve. Hoping someone here may know what's going on because I cannot find it.

I open up a form that views inventory items and click a button to add a new record. Viewing the items works, clicking the button clears the form and allows the user to enter new information - that works as well.

When done, there is a button to close the form. When clicking this button viewing records everything works. But if I add a new item and then click close I get this error message:
Microsoft Access can't find the macro ' .'
The macro (or its macro group) doesn't exist, or the macro is new but hasn't been saved. Note that when you enter macrogroupname.macroname syntax in an argument, you must specify the name the macro's macro group was last saved under.
I've dug into everything I can think of to find where something has gone wrong, but cannot find it. Anyone know where I may look???

Thx!

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:39
Have you done anything in Form Design View, recently?

Error messages like

Microsoft Access can't find the macro ' .'

usually mean that something has been entered in one of the Form's Properties (via the Property Pane) and then deleted, accidentally leaving a character, in this case a period, not deleted. I can never see the little buggers, which makes it a pain finding them to delete, unless I'm sure of what Property they're in! The error is popped because the Access Gnomes assume that the character is the name of a Macro and it can't find the said Macro.

In this case the Property involved sounds like it relates to the saving of a New Record.

Linq ;0)>

Last edited:

AC5FF

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:39
I've not done anything in design view on this form other than trying to look at all the properties to see if any 'period' was accidentally put in or even looking to see if any spaces were put in between an argument (macrogroupname .macroname vs macrogroupname.macroname)

This all started about the time we had an employee walk out and quit. I never considered him to be very bright with software, but I wonder if he didn't get into something to screw up the DB.

Just had a thought - I've got backups I make before doing changes myself. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I copied the form from an old backup to the current DB and my issue went away.

While this was a "DUH" moment for me; why not include it here - could be helpful to someone in the future......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom