Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 18:35
Profile messages? These look like the old visitor messages. Should these be on public view for everyone to see?

Jon,
I recommend if you cannot hide this feature then see if you can delete all. Scrolling through the messages I see things like "here is my private email do not give out", "This database has sensitive information do not share". At least put a message for everyone to delete their own.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:35
Were these messages not public on the previous board? I mean they were not a PM were they. Or are you saying that because they appear temporarily in the Lastest Profile Posts box they are displayed more prominently than before?

MajP

Local time
In the previous threads these were PMs AFAIK and I think most people did think this too.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
PM's are not displayed in that box. That would an invasion of privacy.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I think they were posts made specifically on the members profile. You had to visit the profile to see them.

deletedT

Local time
hovering mouse over profiles, brings up a window with a Start Conversation button. I'm afraid to click it to test. Is it a one to one chat or something like that?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes. They were publicly available to view. PM's are private and they will never be displayed. That's like reading through someones diary and I can certainly understand @MajP's concern if that is what he thought was displayed.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Tera, it is the substitute for a PM. Click it on mine to test it. I will reply.

deletedT

Local time
thanks. As far as I know what the button is, it's ok. no need to test.

MajP

Local time
Yes. They were publicly available to view. PM's are private and they will never be displayed. That's like reading through someones diary and I can certainly understand @MajP's concern if that is what he thought was displayed.

I am not going to argue I just telling you the fact. The old information was private. Read the threads. There is plenty of information like personal emails and person DBs.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, well you know what it does now! The PM's are more like whatsapp threads now. Much easier.

deletedT

Local time
I have a problem with the editor. Try to type something. click B button to start bold. continue typing. then click B to turn it off.
It's still in bold.
How can I turn it off?

for now I continue in bold. then select the unnecessary section and click the B button.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am not going to argue I just telling you the fact. The old information was private. Read the threads. There is plenty of information like personal emails and person DBs.

I am not trying to argue with anybody. Just explaining, that's all. Maybe we have a different understanding of private. For me, private is something that cannot be seen in public. Maybe for you, private is something that is on your profile, and someone can still see it, but is on your profile and so have to visit there first.

Perhaps someone else can chip in here to confirm or deny what I am saying.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Tera I am not getting that problem.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Nor am I as it happens?

Jon does the 10 posts restriction exist here as well?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@MajP, I can confirm your answer for you.

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 16.19.26.png

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 16.20.57.png

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 16.21.30.png

As you can see, all publicly available on both the previous version and this version.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Gasman All the spam settings need sorting out. There are a ton of things to do that will happen over the weeks. It will take time.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Incidentally, I just LOVE how easy it is to add images now. Hey, you posted just when I did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom