Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:35
@Micron I know I am correct because I have the full previous board intact and I went back to check. I have no interest in proving myself right if I am wrong. I am more interested in the truth than winning arguments.

@isladogs, I will add your opinion on the Latest Profile Posts into the mix. I think the feeling behind it is that it acts a little bit like Facebook, where you get a social feed come through. I will have to check Xenforo's purpose for it. Also, I will try to get a handle on what the Reactions points etc all mean.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:35
Changing the subject, here's a "I like" thing. Unlike at Mr. Excel, when you refresh New Posts, anything you've visited is gone from the list. Theirs is static. I use NP exclusively so that's great.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:35
I looked at this. It is possible using advanced search to select your own username and "profile posts" and see all of the messages in that limited category. I deleted one of the posts as an experiment so I know that works.

deletedT

Local time
I like the new editor. If I type something and I don't post it, it will stay in the editor in every page I visit until I delete it.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
@Jon
Look. I tried to be real helpful and explain to you and others that what people thought was private is now splashed on the front page. YES I and others were mistaken that this information was public in the old forum. Makes no difference if I was wrong and could care less,, because the point was that many others were wrong and now what they thought was private is very public. Instead of being concerned you spend your effort trying to convince me how it works, instead of listening to what I am telling you. I put a warning out to others, and instead of thanking me, you spend your effort trying to show everyone I am wrong because the old site was in fact public. That never was the point. Good news several people I PMed have come back to me and thanked me once deleting their PII. Sorry if you thought I was disrespectful but that was out of frustration, I have an issue with people who prefer to be right than to listen.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
@The_Doc_Man
FYI, you were one of the people that gave out your full name and info followed by "I do not give this information out publicly". Not sure if that is what you deleted. So you know, I was wrong the old forum was Public.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I hadn't realised that clicking on the user avatar brought up the post total etc. However its not that reliable on my tablet. Prefer to have the info visible without needing to click. Sorry to repeat myself but I don't think Reactions have the same meaning as reputation points and aren't as useful. Don't see any real use in the separate Points total.

That function is available when you get into the thread, otherwise you have to hover over the avatar? Not in ours at present, but doable.?
I mentioned that in the MrExcel forum, where this pic comes from?

1579972264148.png

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have an issue with people who prefer to be right than to listen.

MajP has been banned for 7 days for being persistently rude to the site owner. I've been polite, but clearly he does not like it when proved factually wrong.

deletedT

Local time
@Micron I'm sorry. I added you to my ignore list. It's just a test to see the effects.
In case you receive a message being ignored, don't mind it please.

Test is over.
When I ignore someone, all of his posts are hidden.
Thanks @Micron

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@Micron I'm sorry. I added you to my ignore list. It's just a test to see the effects.
In case you receive a message being ignored, don't mind it please.
You do get informed if you are being stalked though, sorry I meant followed. :D

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I like the new editor. If I type something and I don't post it, it will stay in the editor in every page I visit until I delete it.
Was this something you said you wanted before? I think someone mentioned it.

deletedT

Local time
Yes exactly it is the same thing I have in CAD forums. Thanks for bringing it here.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
MajP has been banned for 7 days for being persistently rude to the site owner. I've been polite, but clearly he does not like it when proved factually wrong.
@Jon So the mods will find processes like that much the same?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Tera You're welcome.

@Gasman Do you mean will the mods be able to ban members for a period of time?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You do get informed if you are being stalked though, sorry I meant followed. :D
And there was me deleting my half finished post, every time I went into a thread. :D

Dreamweaver

Local time
isladogs didn't shw as being online with the old forum He may have used the option to hide his online status at some point.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, you can hide your status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom