Our Next president Barack Obama or John McCain (2 Viewers)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 01:02
I doubt you really got much of a real taste of the south coming through on a tour bus now Bri - :p

I mean Buckhead and MLK, get real :p

Besides we southern boys would probably skew our behavior the second we hear your accent. :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:02
I don't think Obama would agree it would be a good thing...

Yes the logic behind the argument that the assassination of the first Black president as opposed to a successful eight year term by him will do better for race relations seems a little... what's the word... questionable?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Obama wouldnt care, his wife called him pathetic on live tv :)

Well, you know what they say, behind every successfull man is a nagging wife lol.

KenHigg

Local time
Well, you know what they say, behind every successfull man is a nagging wife lol.

Speaking of nags, I wonder what wind bag has got up her sleeve now that she's a has been...

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Southerners are friendly and garrulous and Hazel is chatty so we got to talk to people in restaurants bars etc., unlike yanks we listen too. :rolleyes:

Brian

Oh and we have been down that way before which helped.

KenHigg

Local time
Southerners are friendly and garrulous and Hazel is chatty so we got to talk to people in restaurants bars etc., unlike yanks we listen too. :rolleyes:

Brian

Oh and we have been down that way before which helped.

Can't seem to make up your mind? Friendly and don't listen?

Perhaps in another trip or three you'll figure out if you like us or not - :p

(Of course I'm just kiddin' about all of this :))

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
in·ven·tion Audio Help /ɪnˈvɛnʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-ven-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the act of inventing.
2. U.S. Patent Law. a new, useful process, machine, improvement, etc., that did not exist previously and that is recognized as the product of some unique intuition or genius, as distinguished from ordinary mechanical skill or craftsmanship.
3. anything invented or devised.
4. the power or faculty of inventing, devising, or originating.
5. an act or instance of creating or producing by exercise of the imagination, esp. in art, music, etc.
6. something fabricated, as a false statement.
7. Sociology. the creation of a new culture trait, pattern, etc.
8. Music. a short piece, contrapuntal in nature, generally based on one subject.
9. Rhetoric. (traditionally) one of the five steps in speech preparation, the process of choosing ideas appropriate to the subject, audience, and occasion.
10. Archaic. the act of finding.

ergo DNA was an invention. People think inventionism (yes i just invented that word...) is a process like building stuff out of lego, where infact it covers an array of things such as discovery etc... :)
Just not sure what you are saying about DNA. DNA was known and named before Watson,Crick et al discovered the structure. So please tell us which of ythe definitions you are referring to.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ergo DNA was an invention. People think inventionism (yes i just invented that word...) is a process like building stuff out of lego, where infact it covers an array of things such as discovery etc...

Perhaps you should post the definition for 'archaic' too.

Local time
Today, 00:02
Which is the most popular?

The internet is more popular. Without it, the WWW protocol could not be used. And the internet is used for many more protocols than www, not that it matters that much. You said the internet...the internet existed before and is used by WWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom