Our Next president Barack Obama or John McCain (1 Viewer)

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:45
Considering the last Democrat to be elected from Colorado was Gary Hart,
quelle suprise.

M

Mike375

It will be a very interesting election. Although I always closely follow American elections I am keener on this one than any other.

I think Obama (or Hillary if she had won pre selection) would have more chance if they were Republican. My reason for saying that is I think voters who are real keen to see either a black fella or a woman as POTUS will be real lefties who are already Democrat supporters but a lot of them would shift their vote to republican if it mean a woman or a black fella being POTUS.

My money (literally:D) is on McCain.

Local time
Today, 15:45
I would also like to have seen the Republicans put up a valid black/woman nominee. Conda Leeza Rice comes to mind as does Colin Powell.

Too bad Obama beat Hillary. She was a viable candidate whom I might would have voted for (not likely, but much more likely than Obama).

Lister

Z Shift
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:45
Seems to me that Americans love voting in Republicans during war time. Their seem to be mass protests etc but when the votes are counted they get another Republican. I think if we remember Billy Boys handling of US troops in the former Yugoslavia and Somalia, which are both prime examples of Democratic foreign policy. We find that Democrats weak on everything where the words "Danger Close" could be used.

But hey, could be wrong. Go the Black Guy, he seem well spoken, almost a nice guy.

But then, he is in politics so that's a Oxymoron an't it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 21:45
I'll bet there's loads of blacks in the White House - cleaners, servants, gardeners, car cleaners, dish washers etc etc.

Col

Heywood43

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:45
I'll bet there's loads of blacks in the White House - cleaners, servants, gardeners, car cleaners, dish washers etc etc.

Col

Wow. That's a harsh comment.

The truth is - like him or not, Bush has appointed more women and minorities to high ranking cabinet positions than Clinton ever did.

R

Rich

The truth is - like him or not, Bush has appointed more women and minorities to high ranking cabinet positions than Clinton ever did.

But Bill showed them how to roll a cigar..........

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Women are good at cleaning and hoovering so they would get a supervisors role no doubt. Then there's secretarial work to do, telephone work etc. . . . . . . . I can see they can be useful.
Condo Rice only got the job so she can fullfil the women and black ratio, she's hopeless at foreign policy. Mind you, she could take the minutes at meetings and type them up later to save on a secretary doing it, so that's a saving.

But with Iraq costing the US taxpayers $5000 per second, you need to make a saving or two.

BTW - What's a minority in the USA?

Col

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I hope John McCain wins....not becuase I like republicans, especially not of the ilke of GWB, but because if Obama wins he'll be in office a matter of months before some racist bigot, (and lets face it America has millions of em), shoots his head off.
And that would be a shame for a man like him and his family.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Women are good at cleaning and hoovering so they would get a supervisors role no doubt. Then there's secretarial work to do, telephone work etc. . . . . . . . I can see they can be useful.
Condo Rice only got the job so she can fullfil the women and black ratio, she's hopeless at foreign policy. Mind you, she could take the minutes at meetings and type them up later to save on a secretary doing it, so that's a saving.
Oh dear Colin, you do have a chip on your shoulder about women, don't you? I've met so many men in my life with much the same view points and they all have one thing in common, they live in the shadow of a successful woman.

LOL, don't take my comment to heart, I always have a good chuckle at your comments, and I'm certainly not offended, just teasing.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 13:45
A vote for Barack Obama is a vote for John McCain. Likewise, a vote for John McCain is a vote for Barack Obama.

What? You thought they were different? You're so silly.

R

Rich

I believe I have been the victim of reverse discrimination. My "anger" is only revealed through veiled smart-hiney comments.

You should live hear, the general consensus is that you'll get priority if you're in a minority group, those that have lived here all their lives no longer matter, except for tax, subjugation etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom