Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:08

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
It's rumored that Oprah and Meghan are in business together, that might explain why Oprah gave the ex-royals 7 million in plugs during the so called interview.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
What does 7 million in plugs mean?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
By plugs I really mean public relations or PR

The winner on the day was most likely the couple’s Archewell Foundation, a charitable enterprise which was borne out of the bungled creation of an earlier entity, Sussex Royal. (In February 2020 the couple were forced to abandon their earlier plan because Sussex Royal had breached special copyright protections over the use of the word “royal” and the depiction of royal crowns.)

Two hours of free PR also can’t hurt the couple’s deals with Netflix, to develop “scripted and unscripted series, film, documentaries, and children programming” and Spotify, to produce and host a podcast, though it remains unclear how a television interview with such monstrous audience and revenue potential then ended up on CBS, who paid the couple nothing.

In pure PR terms, measuring its success or failure may be difficult to divine immediately.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:08
The drama around this couple reminds me of this clip. I realize this is fiction, but I can see where this applies...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:08
I forgot about that channel. That must be due to drop shortly?

This report mentions the possibility of piers joining the new Andrew Neil channel.

Mind you I reckon he'd get better money in the USA so it's probably a toss-up whether he moves to the States or stays here.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Looks like the USA may get its cake and eat it! Both a president and a royal in one package.

Does this mean Harry would become king of America?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Hell, why not??

I did see in one article about how this union was a Trojan Horse on the part of GB to gets its wayward colony back...

Now THAT would make me LMAO....

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Yes, I can see Megan kneeling before Harry!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Uhg, GOSH. [uttered while shaking head with an expression of utmost contempt for the idea]

Well, as much as I cannot imagine her ever winning, I must admit......her inexorable, inexplicable, non sensical harping of the same single issue over and over until everyone sees her as some kind of victim of you-know-what - You'd have to agree, she's got the liberal arguments pretty much down!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Reactions: Jon

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Harry and Meghan Markle are joining a growing anti-free speech movement in the US
It was a surprise for many to hear Harry lash out at the First Amendment. After all, Harry and Meghan are so woke, they are virtual insomniacs. However, that is the point. The First Amendment no longer holds the inviolate position it once did with the left.

Indeed, the First Amendment is now more often treated as a danger than a guarantee to a fair and just society. Experts have explained how to evade its limitations to silence others. They have found precisely what Harry discussed in the interview when he noted "you can find a loophole in anything."

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I really don't understand people who move to other countries that they apparently prefer to their own, then critique and try to fundamentally change or alter it. We all have at least some of both pride and embarrassment for our nations. All of our nations have flaws, as well as strengths.

But for God's sake, if you like your country better - that's fine! Go back there! No shame in that. But don't come here with an obvious preference for it, then bash or undermine it the things we like and designed to be intentionally so.

Can this trouble-making couple just be quiet, or go away already? But I suppose the challenge lies in the fact that they have now worn out their welcome in both countries, thus making it a bit complicated for them ... They just seem to be lacking in self awareness, really. Almost everybody I know is completely sick of them. Much like Robert DeNiro's political opinions....like, literally .. nobody cares.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I really don't understand people who move to other countries that they apparently prefer to their own, then critique and try to fundamentally change or alter it. We all have at least some of both pride and embarrassment for our nations. All of our nations have flaws, as well as strengths.

But for God's sake, if you like your country better - that's fine! Go back there! No shame in that. But don't come here with an obvious preference for it, then bash or undermine it the things we like and designed to be intentionally so.

Can this trouble-making couple just be quiet, or go away already? But I suppose the challenge lies in the fact that they have now worn out their welcome in both countries, thus making it a bit complicated for them ... They just seem to be lacking in self awareness, really. Almost everybody I know is completely sick of them. Much like Robert DeNiro's political opinions....like, literally .. nobody cares.
So....you mad...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom