Plus/Minus sign appears in table in query design (1 Viewer)

TheSearcher

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:26
Why is this minus sign showing in a table in query design?
1650915744428.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:26
My guess is you made Location a Multi-Value Field (MVF).

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 19:26
Just because I can't help myself when people post table structure data:

1. Don't use calculated fields in tables / don't store duplicate data. You have ClientFirstName, ClientLastName, you do not need ClientNameReversed nor ClientName. You have the information to achieve that already with the first and last name.

2. Only use alphanumeric characters and underscores in table/field names. OnHold? should not have a question mark.

3. When you start suffixing field names with numbers, its time for a new table for that data. The last field I see is called [Goal1], if you have more than 2 of these fields in this table you need to break out the goal data into its own table.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:26
You also don't need client initials unless first name is Bill and the initial is W (for William)

You might have a field called 'Salutation' or 'FamiliarName' - what you would use when contacting the person via letter, email etc - Dear Fred, Dear Mr Smith

TheSearcher

Registered User.
Local time
I agree with all of you. I inherited this monstrosity. I'm going to rewrite it from scratch. Thanks!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I inherited this monstrosity
That's a relief. It's hard to find so many poor practices in such a small sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom