Queen's Jubilee (1 Viewer)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 14:14
Are you Brittish people finished with the celebrations.

Did you have fun?

Are you getting ready for King Charles.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:14
I've kept away from it, only accessing news via the net so that I can be selective. It's not that I am anti monarchy , it's better than an elected president or pm being head of state, but I am anti sycophancy .

However I believe multitudes had a good time.

BTW I am just as fed up with the Olympic torch relay which also dominates the news, perhaps I'm just a grumpy old f**t.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The concert was good, although it was spoilt by having Yankee people like Stevie Wonder whining on - the jubilee is nothing to do with Yanks.

Col

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 14:14
BTW I am just as fed up with the Olympic torch relay which also dominates the news, perhaps I'm just a grumpy old f**t.

We had the Games back in 2000. What a pain.

And what have we got to show for it. A sports stadium that is so big you are watching Ants play footy.

A big bunch of athletes that are now on the Dole, either that or making front page news for beating up their wives.

What a waste of Tax payers money. And to make it worse we are hosting the Commonwealth games in the Crime/Drug capital of Australia. 30 Minutes from where I live.

Bring back the good games like, Pub Darts, Pub Pool, Train Spotting and the all time favorite White Pointer Spotting.

Go Home Yankee. You had your chance. You are not part of the Commonwealth.

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
Jubilee? What Jubilee? LOL
Brian I agree wholeheartedly with your viewpoint but I didnt even watch 'selectively'. Im not sure if it is the British disease of complacency or the fact that I too, am just an old f**t!
The Olympic fiasco will put the UK into further debt, despite the few that will make as much money out of it, as the Tax payers lose.
My advise to you would be get rid of your TV...it is much easier to be 'selective'. ;)

Rain.....I shudder at the thought of 'King Charles'!

Ani :)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
We got to see the edited version in Canada on television, looks like everyone who attended had a good time.
The focus we saw was on the Canadian supplied entertainment, displays and tributes, so I dont know much about non-commonwealth entertainers on stage. I would suppose that it was a lot better then if the Yanks put on an ungrateful whiney display similar to the reception that they are receiving for their efforts by some malcontents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom