Question regarding ULS and Split Databases (1 Viewer)

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:27
So I have my database split and setup on a network drive and it is working great. I also have the front end secured with ULS but the backend is not secured. I was wondering how I would go about securing the backend so that is uses the exact same workgroup file that the front end of the database uses. When I go to run the wizard I am never given an option to use a pre-existing workgroup folder and everything else I've read online has to do with semi-complicated looking VBA code

EDIT: So Ive got the backend secured with the same accounts as the front end now. Right now only the admins have there accounts created for the database, I was wondering what I permissions I needed to grant all other users (There will only be two groups, Admins and then a new group that I have yet to construct) So that they are able to utilise the linked tables

Last edited:

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 01:27
So I have my database split and setup on a network drive and it is working great. I also have the front end secured with ULS but the backend is not secured. I was wondering how I would go about securing the backend so that is uses the exact same workgroup file that the front end of the database uses. When I go to run the wizard I am never given an option to use a pre-existing workgroup folder and everything else I've read online has to do with semi-complicated looking VBA code

EDIT: So Ive got the backend secured with the same accounts as the front end now. Right now only the admins have there accounts created for the database, I was wondering what I permissions I needed to grant all other users (There will only be two groups, Admins and then a new group that I have yet to construct) So that they are able to utilise the linked tables

See:

Microsoft Access User-Level Security

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom