Seattle (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:08
Also from an article yesterday . . .

Seattle police claimed earlier this week that some businesses housed inside the area are being extorted and forced to pay a fee to operate in the area. Best said Thursday that claim was false. "That has not happened affirmatively," Best said, per the Seattle Times. "We haven't had any formal reports of this occurring."

Makes one wonder

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:08
Thank God for that. Now we are only left with rioting, looting, robbery, ra** and arson.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Criminal acts should be prosecuted with the caveat that they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Thats one reason many cases are not prosecuted.
In the UK, we get people stopped driving without a licence, insurance or a MOT on the car they are driving. They get off.
We have people caught dealing drugs, they do not get charged.
We have people caught on camera stealing items, get stopped in the car with said items. They get off.??

So reasonable doubt is not such a caveat?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
re: your comment about googling Seattle Chaz. You haven't seen any bad stories except Fox? I don't have the time to verify that right now, but so what? Are you saying the photos posted on Fox are fake? There are only two choices in how to respond to that. Either they aren't fake, in which case all that means is the majority of the news simply isn't showing what Fox is showing, which I'd agree with. The other choice is to say that they are fake, which, well .. if you really believe that, then I'll be open minded about that possibility if there is a shred of persuasiveness to the idea.

Just came accross the below article from the Seattle Times, and I guess it may answer your question. It says Fox used fake photos.
(open it in incognito mode to read past the paywall)
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...ox_tw_m&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1592018356

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 22:08
Also from an article yesterday . . .

Makes one wonder
Well, I agree. but I think the idea of them struggling more in general to properly respond to calls of all kinds is something it would not be unsafe to assume is probably the case at least to some degree.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Like I think I mentioned earlier at some point, I read CNN and fox both fully everyday to get both sides of the issues. Yes I recently earlier this morning came across that on CNN. One of their photos that was actually from Minnesota they (Fox) apologized for and replaced, but I would agree with you that that really upset me to read that. I give Fox a major ding in my mind for doing that. But this is part of the reason why I read what I consider to be a left-wing media outlet and a right-wing media outlet, FULLY, every day. I'll concede that there is enough disagreement about the "are they requiring ID from people to return home", and just how much of "armed guards" there are, as to be in question somewhat. I don't know since I'm not there. Those are just 2 aspects of a multi-faceted occupation, though.

However there are other things that people are criticizing about their photos that I simply don't agree with the criticism. For example, people are criticizing the fact that they are posting a picture of an armed person next to pictures of shattered windows and apparently the problem people have with that is that the two things were a week apart. Well I don't have any problem with that they're both from the same area and the picture of the armed person is real and was from June 12th.
interestingly, I just came across another extremely misleading headline on CNN and it made me realize that all the news outlets occasionally do something that is a little misleading. I'll post it as soon as I can find it.

I would say that Fox is deliberately emphasizing the 'scary' aspect of it, and I would say CNN is deliberately emphasizing the "everyone is happy and loves each other and supports what is happening" aspect of it. My guess is there is some of both.

One thing is interesting. The female African-American police chief seems extremely upset by it being allowed, and has been quoted very clearly over and over that it is definitely impeding their ability to serve the community.

Overall, though, thanks for pointing this out. Keeps me honest.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I watched a video by CNN today where the presenter was wearing a mask but none of the public were. They were kinda criticising the public for taking this kind of risk. Then a guy comes along filming them with his cellphone saying that none of the CNN film crew were wearing a face mask!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I found the thing I thought was misleading of CNN. Now I am coming at this from the angle, that they are fully aware many people simply skim over the headlines of a webpage. And everyone knows exactly what this headline will make anyone skimming the headline assume, because the first thing I myself felt was total outrage at racism!!:::

asdf.jpg

(and it's significantly MORE dramatic if you see this from your mobile phone on CNN ... it's a giant square major headline with a backdrop picture of a room full of black people shaking their fists in apparent anger and pain).
Capture+_2020-06-13-12-45-01.png

What actually IS the story? It's simply a person somewhere in the USA who committed suicide.....

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
One story CNN very quickly dropped from the daily reviews was that whole story about the Atlanta (I think it was Atlanta) police who dragged students from their car and repeatedly taser'ed and sort of beat them. It was one of the original 'major stories' (bigger than the Martin Gugino story) at first. Once it became clear that all four of those fired officers were black, the story never seemed to get much CNN press again.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I once saw Fox News cut short a clip of something the senator Ted Cruz said, so it looked like he wasn't admonishing Rosenstein. Fox showed something like, "You are deliberately involved, which I don't believe you are." They wanted to push forward the message that the senators were too lax on him. But the actual full statement was, "Either you are deberately involved, which I don't believe you are, or so completely incompetent that blah blah." I was disappointed with what they did. It was the first time I've caught them. I've seen way more on CNN, but when you see your own favourite news channel do it, its a bit disappointing.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And don't forget the swat team to arrest him, together with the CNN crew who just so "happened" to be outside his house.
That CNN crew just received an award for their "excellent" coverage of that arrest. If I worked for the other networks, I would complain. Why did the feds leak this story only to CNN? That was just not fair.

Roger Stone is a really scary guy. I know that the world will be a safer place with him inside the big house. Release murders, rapists, and thieves due to fear of COVID but lock up Roger Stone because it might make Trump look bad. That's banana republic policy at its best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom