Shootings in US schools (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 09:28
ColinEssex said:
In that case I shall not praise the USA again.

Will you then stop critizing the USA as well?

ColinEssex said:
Its sad that you now show that you cannot take a) constructive critisism, b) constructive praise, and c) constructive opinions.

Col

It's just as sad that you don't realize how rude and bitter you can be at times...:(

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 14:28
KenHigg said:
Will you then stop critizing the USA as well?
I do - in the mornings (UK time), the mornings are full of jovial friendly banter. Its in the afternoons (UK time) that things deteriorate on the forums for some reason

It's just as sad that you don't realize how rude and bitter you can be at times...:(
When one is chastised for making constructive comments / opinions etc. one can become that way - as you well know

Col

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:
Ken has many times apologised and said sorry for comments he has made then continues on the same. There is no reason to believe the recent one will be any different - thats why it is insincere.

Its like a Roman Catholic confessional - say you're sorry then carry on the next day as normal - total waste of time

Col

I said I was sorry for calling you a horses ass, which is still a mystery to me why it's wrong for me to call you a name but it's ok for you to do it.

Then I said I was sorry I made the comments about your opinion was worthless regarding children as you obliviously have had personal problems in that area.

Those are the only two times that I can remember - :confused:

You on the other hand, refer to your constant hate USA remarks as 'constructive' and have never apologized for anything you've ever said as far as I can remember. :confused: :confused: :confused:

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:
I do - in the mornings (UK time), the mornings are full of jovial friendly banter. Its in the afternoons (UK time) that things deteriorate on the forums for some reason

Yeah yeah yeah... You're kinda beating that one in the ground as well. FYI - The mood seems to take swing for the better when you leave as well. ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
I said I was sorry for calling you a horses ass
but then continued to do so.
which is still a mystery to me why it's wrong for me to call you a name but it's ok for you to do it
reference needed, I cannot recall calling anyone such names except in retaliation perhaps. Oh, I did call GWB a tit the other day but thats ok I think.

Then I said I was sorry I made the comments about your opinion was worthless regarding children as you obliviously have had personal problems in that area.
not necessarily - I never said anything about it

You on the other hand, refer to your constant hate USA remarks as 'constructive'
not hate remarks - merely pointing out idiosyncrasies and discrepancies in what is reality and not.

and have never apologized for anything you've ever said as far as I can remember.
should the need arise - I will - but it hasn't yet

Col

KenHigg

Local time
I can't believe two grown men are carrying on like this... Look I said I was sorry. If that's not enough I give up... :eek:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
KenHigg said:
I can't believe two grown men are carrying on like this... Look I said I was sorry. If that's not enough I give up... :eek:
You boys sure do seem to have a lot of energy.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
KenHigg said:

Did I read you correctly earlier, when you said something about R and J are at it, its time to tune out?

Richie boy and I take second fiddle to you and Coleen any day. :p

KenHigg

Local time
jsanders said:
You boys sure do seem to have a lot of energy.

I'm about to run out of steam... Don't know what else to do:confused:

KenHigg

Local time
jsanders said:
Did I read you correctly earlier. when you said something about R and J are at it, its time to tune out.

Richie boy and I take second fiddle to you and Coleen any day.:p

I'll try to find some kind of consolation in you words...;) :p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
Did I read you correctly earlier, when you said something about R and J are at it, its time to tune out?

Richie boy and I take second fiddle to you and Coleen any day. :p
If you mean arguing - I haven't even warmed up yet - you lot are ameteurs

Col

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Guys,

I have read all 63 pages, yes that's right 63 pages, of this thread, and I cannot believe how much anamosity there is between two groups of people.
There are things in the US that us Brits will never understabnd or agree with, likewise you guys over the water do not like everything about the UK.

I am a Brit but I myself do not like everything about the UK, taxes too high, crime rate too high, respect for fellow man too low, I could go on but won't.

If we couls show a little respect for each other the wolrd would be a better place, (No. I am not some kind of religious zealot), I am just using common sense and trying to achieve a better way of life for my family.

If that is wrong, then I am afraid that I do not want to be right!!

KenHigg

Local time
scott-atkinson said:
Guys,

I have read all 63 pages, yes that's right 63 pages, of this thread, and I cannot believe how much anamosity there is between two groups of people.
There are things in the US that us Brits will never understabnd or agree with, likewise you guys over the water do not like everything about the UK.

I am a Brit but I myself do not like everything about the UK, taxes too high, crime rate too high, respect for fellow man too low, I could go on but won't.

If we couls show a little respect for each other the wolrd would be a better place, (No. I am not some kind of religious zealot), I am just using common sense and trying to achieve a better way of life for my family.

If that is wrong, then I am afraid that I do not want to be right!!

Could you be a bit more specific as to what each side should do to help matters?

scott-atkinson

Local time
KenHigg said:
Could you be a bit more specific as to what each side should do to help matters?

Ken,

I don't have all the answers, if I did I would be a world leader or something, I just feel that people should have more respect for each other.

I do fear that the US gun culture is starting to encroach on UK life, although we have a huge problem here with knife crime and sex crimes.

The latter being something that you guys seem to be better at controlling than us, for example you are much stricter on child sex offenders than we are, we pander with the idea that these people can be cured. Which in my mind is rubbish. I am hetrosexual, I am not going to have counselling and become homosexual, you get my point.

There are lots of things that we can learn from each others culture that can make each country better. A good example is how you have cleaned up the streets of New York, we could learn a lot from that on how to tackle crime here.

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
scott-atkinson said:
I don't have all the answers, if I did I would be a world leader or something, I just feel that people should have more respect for each other.

That way of thinking is probably what excludes you from becoming one. ;)

scott-atkinson

Local time
Matt Greatorex said:

Matt,

That is very deep and though provoking.

mmmmmm I must go and meditate :D

KenHigg

Local time
scott-atkinson said:
Ken,

I do fear that the US gun culture is starting to encroach on UK life, although we have a huge problem here with knife crime and sex crimes.

The latter being something that you guys seem to be better at controlling than us, for example you are much stricter on child sex offenders than we are, we pander with the idea that these people can be cured. Which in my mind is rubbish. I am hetrosexual, I am not going to have counselling and become homosexual, you get my point.

There are lots of things that we can learn from each others culture that can make each country better. A good example is how you have cleaned up the streets of New York, we could learn a lot from that on how to tackle crime here.

Scott, It's reassuring to have yet another typically pleasant British poster voice your opinions without being rude and condescending. I am curious as to how you think our gun problems are affecting you in the UK?

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:
If you mean arguing - I haven't even warmed up yet - you lot are ameteurs

Col

'ameteurs' :confused:

I'm guessing this is something like anatony where you some how get 'qualified' in it? :p :p :p

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:

You beat me to it. Matt.

R

Rich

scott-atkinson said:
The latter being something that you guys seem to be better at controlling than us, for example you are much stricter on child sex offenders than we are, we pander with the idea that these people can be cured. Which in my mind is rubbish.
If only that were the case, it's a myth portrayed by an hysterical press here. The US has the same problems as the UK regarding sexual abuse, it also has a similar approach to the problem

http://www.csom.org/pubs/mythsfacts.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom