Solved Stabilizing the size of Pop up Dialog Split Form (1 Viewer)

Sarah.M

Local time
Today, 22:58
Hi, Plz note, My VBA is blocked by IT for security reason.
I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms and Reports only.
------------------------------------------------
I have problems with Stabilizing the size of forms, the size Pop up Dialog sometimes changed by it self, I turn off Auto Center, Auto Resize, Fit to Screen but still i have problem with it specially continues form
What do you suggest to fix this issue?

Plz help!

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:58
presume your are talking about popup forms or have set the FE to use overlapping windows. Not sure how you would do it with macros, but in vba you can use docmd.movesize to position and size a form - typically in the form open event

I see macros have an option to 'MoveAndSizeWindow' which sounds like it will perform the same task

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:58
which form, AddNewMeetingF?

arnelgp

Local time
make sure to resize your form to minimum in design view.
trim extra length of your textbox (use Arrange->split horizontally to split long textbox).

EDIT:

Avoid using Split-form (pop-up).
use single form, then add a subform (datasheet).

Attachments

• 10.accdb
    944 KB · Views: 232

arnelgp

Local time
see form1

Attachments

• PopUpForm.accdb
    512 KB · Views: 236

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
there's a RunCommand acCmdSizeToFitForm
this will resize a form to the design size, to include all available fields. You might be able to add this to a macro.

@Sarah.M
I can only repeat that it is absolutely crazy for an IT department to prevent users using code in MS products. If you don't have the authority, then you need directors or senior managers with the authority to get on top of this situation. If they won't I would seriously question whether it's worth looking for another job. You and your co-workers must be tearing their hair out. Look at the time you are spending here trying to find work arounds for tasks that ought to be perfectly simple.

While they stop you writing code, I imagine you could easily write a query "delete * from sometable", or even that you could write a query like this accidentally. Code can help you to prevent users being able to do things like this, which is wholly good.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 12:58
As someone pointed out, you do have limited ability to control Windows w/macros. You could place a macro in the form's open event to move and size it.
1646572654565.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Please explain why it needs to be each of these...
1. dialog
2. split
3. popup

In 20+ years, I have never used all of those on the same form
You already have major restrictions imposed on your work. Why compound these by adding your own?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
^^^^
Sorry to keep repeating the same point, but as @isladogs just pointed out, if you weren't prevented from using the tools you have correctly, you might not have to try and concoct alternative solutions.

It's like trying to drill accurate holes, when you only have screwdrivers and chisels. You must be pretty senior to be doing the work you describe, and you are in a completely crazy work situation. Tell them you need to use all the tools in your box.

I have never ever used or needed to use a split form. I saw it in use on one app I helped with, and couldn't really understand why it was used. I rarely use a modal form other than a msgbox, and have only occasionally used a popup form - I do have a small popup form (always on top) that stores all the open forms of any app, and allows a user to make any desired form active by clicking in the popup form, without having to hunt for the one they want under the other forms.. Users can just close the popup if they don't want the feature.

Last edited:

Sarah.M

Local time
Thanks for all
apologize for bothering you

Last edited:

Sarah.M

Local time
Please explain why it needs to be each of these...
1. dialog
2. split
3. popup

In 20+ years, I have never used all of those on the same form
You already have major restrictions imposed on your work. Why compound these by adding your own?
Split form you it is organized shape and you can add buttons in the top
I'm a beginner, I don't know that my question is strange, I apologize for bothering you

Sarah.M

Local time
there's a RunCommand acCmdSizeToFitForm
this will resize a form to the design size, to include all available fields. You might be able to add this to a macro.

@Sarah.M
I can only repeat that it is absolutely crazy for an IT department to prevent users using code in MS products. If you don't have the authority, then you need directors or senior managers with the authority to get on top of this situation. If they won't I would seriously question whether it's worth looking for another job. You and your co-workers must be tearing their hair out. Look at the time you are spending here trying to find work arounds for tasks that ought to be perfectly simple.

While they stop you writing code, I imagine you could easily write a query "delete * from sometable", or even that you could write a query like this accidentally. Code can help you to prevent users being able to do things like this, which is wholly good.
I am trying to build my self step-by-step I believe on time I will ask questions about SQL code thanks for advice

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:58
Thanks for all
apologize for bothering you
So, were you able to solve it? If not, take a look at the attached. (Apologize if it's the same as the other solutions already posted.)

Attachments

• PopUpForm.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 322

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I think I can speak for others when I say you're not bothering us.

However, you really didn't answer my question re dialog/split/popup.
Each of those features has its uses but combining all three is I believe very unusual.

Split form you it is organized shape and you can add buttons in the top

This suggests you want the split form mainly so you can have buttons as well as a datasheet.
That's fine but, as someone said earlier, you can get the same effect using a form & subform.

Why does it need to be dialog? Using that with a popup form is likely to cause problems

Sarah.M

Local time
I think I can speak for others when I say you're not bothering us.

However, you really didn't answer my question re dialog/split/popup.
Each of those features has its uses but combining all three is I believe very unusual.

This suggests you want the split form mainly so you can have buttons as well as a datasheet.
That's fine but, as someone said earlier, you can get the same effect using a form & subform.

Why does it need to be dialog? Using that with a popup form is likely to cause problems
Split form creation is fast and easier to use, you deal with one form sittings, Form ans Subform 2 sittings

Sarah.M

Local time
So, were you able to solve it? If not, take a look at the attached. (Apologize if it's the same as the other solutions already posted.)
Thanks it works!
What kind of measuring numbers did you write? Inch, Cm? where I can see those numbers in access

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom