Summer Solstace (1 Viewer)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:46
Look up Bobby Sands and come back with the same arguments, and you're missing my point, imagine you're a Muslim in 2,000 years. Search for some of those Muslims today who have been killed in the American quest for "justice"

and I'm still missing your point of both accounts now. Bobby Sands took his own life, hard to call him a martyr and I really don't see the comparison on the Muslim 2,000 year thing, at least not how it ties into what was being discussed.

Last edited:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
I was referring to the general idea of the con - I didn't say I would execute it exactly how those fairy tale losers did.

The art of a con is to make money and sting people - and religion is a belter.

Col

Maybe your making my point. Jesus and his followers were not after money, obviously so maybe they really believed in what they were doing and being cons had nothing to do with it, since the "art of a con is to make money".

R

Rich

and I'm still missing your point of both accounts now. Bobby Sands took his own life, had to call him a martyr and I really don't see the comparison on the Muslim 2,000 year thing, at least not how it ties into what was being discussed.

Like beauty, martyrdom is in the eyes of the beholder

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 05:46
Now Col, you're always picking on our overseas cousins with their funny spelling but solstace? Surely this was a typo?

I'm only pointing out that it should be "solstice" before an astute American reader puts a point over on you. Oh the shame!:D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Oh please! - Do you think the USA, China, India etc. go along with that fantasy? If so, you're in cloud cuckoo land. Mankind will destroy this earth maybe sooner rather than later.

I would hate to bring children into this hell hole.

Col

You know Colin, until we all start looking out for each other and the planet, even the universe that supports us, you're right we are heading for disaster. What is it they say about the longest journey starting with one step?

Maybe, just maybe, if we did follow the old ways, the ways of the Druids and Shamen, even Jesus and Buddah, we might be teaching our children the true values of life rather than the value of money.

Is it necessary to always have more than others?

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 00:46
Now Col, you're always picking on our overseas cousins with their funny spelling but solstace? Surely this was a typo?

I'm only pointing out that it should be "solstice" before an astute American reader puts a point over on you. Oh the shame!:D

Not to worry, the asute American readers don't pay him much attention anyway - :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
You know Colin, until we all start looking out for each other and the planet, even the universe that supports us, you're right we are heading for disaster. What is it they say about the longest journey starting with one step?

The 'end of the world' theory has been pretty well much incorporated into every spiritual creed throughout the ages. Kind of ironic really that Col champions it.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time

We were waiting for a Brit to point it out so at least it had a chance of being acknowledged. ;)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
As long as there is big money to be made in draining the earth of it's resources the pathetic little amount we do to save paper and plastic is useless.

Money will be the dictator.

If the USA accepted the Kyoto agreement it might help. But it seems Bush is not aware of any environmental problems.

I'm not giving up anything to 'save the planet' - personally, I don't give a toss what happens when I die, I've worked hard to get what I have and I'm not losing anything now. I do my bit and recycle but thats it.

Once the USA, China and India et al, accept there is a problem (if there even is one) then I may reconsider.

Why post a picture of a wrecked boat? I'm unclear as to the link there.

Col

Well at least you have everyone else to blame so why even attempt to take any responsibility. :mad:

Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find money cannot be eaten.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Pity fifty didn't wait a few weeks til the leaves were on the trees and he was pulling out fish you can actually eat.

We can do that here and at the end of the summer we also harvest wild rice from the river. The strawberries are out now so in the morning we go and pick some from the side of the pathways for breakfast.

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
i could do all that but i let tesco's do it for me instead...

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

No shame - I made an error. I was spelling it the West Country way.

Col

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
No shame - I made an error. I was spelling it the West Country way.Col

You've been spending too much time with Rich :eek:

By the way and not wishing to hijack this thread in any way (although it seems to have several strands anyway) me new blues rock band BlueTube
http://www.bluetube.org.uk/ played its inaugural gig on Sunday at the Prince of Wales pub situated some 20 feet from the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham (and the nearest I'll ever get to playing there!). Tiny pub, amazing sound and a brilliant audience packed in like sardines. Magic - just like gigs used to be. End of plug back to the infighting......
We'll soon be looking for international management, now you've got the time on your hands it could be right up your street. :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
We'll soon be looking for international management, now you've got the time on your hands it could be right up your street. :D

For the same remuneration that I had to give you when you managed me?

I'll pop off down to Monaco and arrange a gig with the Prince et al, then go to all the cities and arrange your European tour.

Will you forward the money for expenses?

Do you want to be the warm-up for Macca's up and coming tour? I can get him on the blower and fix it if you like.

Col

R

Rich

You've been spending too much time with Rich :eek:

By the way and not wishing to hijack this thread in any way (although it seems to have several strands anyway) me new blues rock band BlueTube
http://www.bluetube.org.uk/ played its inaugural gig on Sunday at the Prince of Wales pub situated some 20 feet from the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham (and the nearest I'll ever get to playing there!). Tiny pub, amazing sound and a brilliant audience packed in like sardines. Magic - just like gigs used to be. End of plug back to the infighting......

When's Brown Sugar going online?:mad::cool:;) in fact, we need lots more:)

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
For the same remuneration that I had to give you when you managed me?

I'll pop off down to Monaco and arrange a gig with the Prince et al, then go to all the cities and arrange your European tour.

Will you forward the money for expenses?

Do you want to be the warm-up for Macca's up and coming tour? I can get him on the blower and fix it if you like.

Col

Yeah it all sounds good except I think I'd prefer Macca to open for us. Have your people talk to my people.

When's Brown Sugar going online?:mad::cool:;) in fact, we need lots more:)

Well thanks Rich. Sadly Brown Sugar has been an absolute swine to mix. We may have to re-record it altogether as I think the problem is to do with recording it too hot first time round so I've got distortion and stuff to deal with. Also sorting press pack and publicity for my other band has meant virtually no studio time for little old me for ages. I will put some more stuff up as soon as I can make it sound almost like a record!

Cheers

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
Well, tomorrow (Saturday) is the longest day.

Big solstace celebrations at Stonehenge, a real Pagan / Druid bash.

Sod this worshipping a make believe God - tomorrow is the time to worship something that actually does have a bearing on life - the sun, without it we're sunk. Unlike the christian make believe religion which means basically nothing whichever way you take it.

Col

getting back to grass roots of the thread (boring maybe?) but i don't know how to take Colin's beginning. Christianity is not based on 'Show me the money!' it's about living decent, honest lives..Jesus taught us to be kind to others, treat them how you want to be treat yourself...it's the vatican and the like that imposed the 'voluntary' contribution or else you'll burn in hell for time eternal..there are similarities between Buddhism and Christianity that some deep learned chaps reckon that Jesus ventured to the East at some point...

but if Colin wants to worship the ground the rest of us walk on then fine..let him. Respect nature and it'll respect you??? Tell that to the nature lovers in those areas that got flooded (more than once)..and you might say but we built on flood plains, we didn't dredge rivers enough..we should have built better defenses...if mankind was wiped out in the next 5 minutes nature wouldn't appauld..it would simply carry on, doing what i does best...coping with the day to day stuff of growing, sheding leaves and hiberating etc etc...we have no say in how nature conducts its business, just like we teach our children how to respect the earth and the environment till its dripping out their ears but do they recycle the cans, the paper...do they take their bike to school, walk where they can...(maybe the few) but from where i am they don't...China is currently building (from my own knowledge) 2 power stations a week?? coal burning..polluting power stations...food prices are increaing too fast because we ploughing 'food' into the wrong areas of life...

i'm not mocking you Colin..but i don't wait til the longest day to celebrate our world..i wake up every morning and thank God for his creation, my wife, my family, my friends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom