Teaching maths 1970-2017 (1 Viewer)

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:12
...we have a really good community, we look after each other. Also you can't have a gun. Col

This sounds like a place I would like to retire to. I am currently a railroad police office (as some of you already know) and I carry a firearm on duty. I am so tired of the gun ownership arguments over here. Wouldn't it be fine to retire to a neighborhood where you don't have to worry if your neighbor is "packing"?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
I see - it's ok for you to tell a foreign member to learn to spell, yet when I try to help your grammar you take exception to it? Typical Yank:rolleyes:

I get my bus pass this October. But, I'll probobly be dead within 5 years which suits me just fine. Me and wife are now sorting out our affairs so there's no problem come the glorious day. I've done everything I wanted to do in life.

I get on great with my neighbour, in fact he is still bitter because the Germans bombed his local chip shop in 1944. He is as cynical as I am - as are many English people.
You would not get on well as my neighbour, you are American - so the way you think is different to the English, in fact, thinking about it, you would not really be happy in our street, we have a really good community, we look after each other. Also you can't have a gun.

Col

Sounds like you live next to Stan Boardman. Where was your neighbours local chippy?

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:12
>
4. Teaching Maths In 2000
A logger sells a truckload of timber for £100.
His cost of production is £80 and his profit is £20..
Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

So true......

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Sounds like you live next to Stan Boardman. Where was your neighbours local chippy?

The chippy was in the East End of London apparently, he was only a little lad then so it upset him alot.

KenHigg said:
Whats up Col?

You may recall I had a heart attack in Feb of 2008. At that time, the Cardiologist said if I don't change my lifestyle I'll be dead in 5 years.
So I had to change - I joined a rock band and am now their drummer, I smoke more and eat more takeaways. I can't really think of much more I can do apart from drinking more alcohol, but to be honest I don't like overdoing that so (as you know) I limit myself to one vodka and lime per night and a glass of wine with my evening meal.

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
You may recall I had a heart attack in Feb of 2008. At that time, the Cardiologist said if I don't change my lifestyle I'll be dead in 5 years.
So I had to change - I joined a rock band and am now their drummer, I smoke more and eat more takeaways. I can't really think of much more I can do apart from drinking more alcohol, but to be honest I don't like overdoing that so (as you know) I limit myself to one vodka and lime per night and a glass of wine with my evening meal.

Col

Hopefully they were just trying to scare you into conforming. Maybe we'll just have to put a protection spell around you for a little while longer.

Now, I hope Dan is reading this, because this is exactly what I was talking about over on the MJ thread, some people touch your life and you don't miss them, others touch your life and you just never want to say goodbye. In case you're wondering Col, you're in the latter category :D

x

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
The chippy was in the East End of London apparently, he was only a little lad then so it upset him alot.

Col

As long as he could still get jellied eels - I dont know what he was worried about. The queen mum survived it.

Take care of the old ticker though Col!

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Hopefully they were just trying to scare you into conforming. Maybe we'll just have to put a protection spell around you for a little while longer.

Now, I hope Dan is reading this, because this is exactly what I was talking about over on the MJ thread, some people touch your life and you don't miss them, others touch your life and you just never want to say goodbye. In case you're wondering Col, you're in the latter category :D

x

I equated Col to MJ once - he didn't like it.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You may recall I had a heart attack in Feb of 2008. At that time, the Cardiologist said if I don't change my lifestyle I'll be dead in 5 years.[ /quote]

When my wife's cancer was diagnosed she was given 3 to 10 with a probable of 5 years, that was 1992.
They can get it wrong you know, still longhaul is ogt these days so cruising the Baltics this summer.

Col

This made me chuckle, keep living Col, don't switch to existing.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 02:12

Col

Glad you can keep you sense of humour ;)

What kind of music do guys play - 70s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom