Television Mind Control (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:25
Don't know about the Canadian resistance to McDonald's,
As mentioned, there is no such thing from a general standpoint. According to Ronald, there are just over 1400 stores in all places but Nunavut. As limited as my French is, I would have been able to translate that one! I don't imagine you'd find a lot of them in Quebec; St. Hubert's (Sant Hewbare's) is their regional thing.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:25
Some places in the California were opposed to the golden arches, I believe Palm Springs was part of the resistance early on. Cheap fast food always seems to win.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Some places in the California were opposed to the golden arches, I believe Palm Springs was part of the resistance early on. Cheap fast food always seems to win.
If you have amazon prime, I would recomend "The Real Founder". Its a documentary of how it all started. They interview one of the original McDonalds brothers and start from the first McDonalds in 1948 and through the years. It's pretty interesting.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:25
Desperate for something to watch, I watched the first episode. It started out with Archie banging Ms. Grundy (the teacher) in the back of a VW Bug. I was hooked from that point on.
I had to Google the characters to find out what series you were talking about. Riverdale?
AFAIK its not travelled to the UK yet but someone may tell me that's not the case

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:25
If you have amazon prime, I would recomend "The Real Founder". Its a documentary of how it all started. They interview one of the original McDonalds brothers and start from the first McDonalds in 1948 and through the years. It's pretty interesting.
Yeah, that one and In-N-Out Burger are interesting.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I had to Google the characters to find out what series you were talking about. Riverdale?
AFAIK its not travelled to the UK yet but someone may tell me that's not the case
Its on netflix in the U.S.

The original Ms. Grundy . . .
imageproxy.jpeg

Not that I've read an Archies comic in 50 or so years, but you can still remember the comics and the characters. Riverdale turns your childhood memories upside down. Archies not the all american boy anymore. Besides his fling with Ms. Grundy, he also commits murder. Jughead is in a gang. Veronicas father is a mafia don, Moose is gay, etc.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:25
And it happens that in the USA, "Mrs. Grundy" is an idiomatic reference to a person who is easily offended by people behaving normally. She's colloquially the "disapproving old maid" figure in any neighborhood that has an exceptionally inquisitive personality who is perpetually saying "tsk-tsk" when kids kiss in public. Not sure if the comic strip character is the origin of that idiomatic character or if someone else was the inspiration for the comics character.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So, has anyone watched The Crown? If even some of that is true, who the HELL would want to be a member of the Royal Family??

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I told my wife about my KY jelly and baseball bat answer. She said "wouldn't the bat slip out of your hands when you swing it?"
Apparently she's still as innocent as the day I married her.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well, depending on what you have slipped onto the end of the bat to add weight, her question might make sense. That much weight surely would make the bat harder to hold when taking a practice swing.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Boy, you're more innocent than her. At least she could make the connection between KY on the bat handle making it slippery! And that's not necessarily what the KY might be for?

Or maybe you're slyer than I realized...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:25
You better take care Micron in case your wife reads this and uses the bat on you in the way you intended 😉

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I wasn't worried about KY making the handle slippery. Here's my question that might tell you the REAL meaning behind my comment: Once you have applied the KY'd bat as you suggested, what do you do next? Perhaps take a practice swing with a little (or a lot) of extra weight on it, perhaps to see how far that "something heavy" might fly when it slips off the barrel of the bat? Does that help you figure how sly this old dog happens to be?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I eventually got it, hence my added comment. Of course, the purpose of the bat could be a means of submission only, which puts the KY in an altogether different perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom