The Most... (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 06:07
Try going to other countries and getting benefits, or even leaflets in your native tongue. Frankly how much does the printing of leaflets in foreign languages cost this country. Lots of these leaflets are about benefits. These benefits are paid to non english speaking immigrants and are paid for by the natives, who also effectively pay the benefits through taxation.
Len
This is the situation in Sweden. Lots of leaflets in lots of languages for immigrants. Mind you I have noticed that many swedes have similar views on immigration to many british people and feel there should be some control on the numbers

chergh

blah
Local time

your making thew claims you can do the searches to back your arguments up.

They're not doing anything illegal and it sounds like the father is working hard. I agree they shouldn't be able to claim the child benefits and tax credits when the children aren't in this country I would fully support closing that loophole so they only get it if the children are in the UK.

chergh

blah
Local time
You've forgotten to mention the huge number of East Europeans here who claim UK benefits for their families back home and send the money there when when a huge number of British born can't claim a bloody penny from the fund that they've spent a lifetime contributing to and they are not refugees

Going back to your original statement.

There are a number of east european migrants sending benefits back home but I don't believe the examples you have provided have backed up your assertion that is a "huge" number. The majority of those who are would seem to be doing so legally, and I agree this loop hole should be closed.

I don't see any reason why the self employed should be able to claim unemployment benefit and as I pointed out the self employed can claim incapacity benefit.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Totally absurd to open up a honey-pot and blame the bees for coming.

The polish example is a classic case of a law abiding family being scape-goated for a policy they had nothing to do with creating.

At least they are contributing to the British economy. There are undoubtedly plenty of non-'foreigners' who don't.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
"As well as the Trajkowskis, the Mail found other Polish families receiving the state handouts paid for out of the pockets of British taxpayers."

This statement from that article is simply nauseating.

Mr Trajkowski is PAYING IN to the British tax system. That's how he qualifies for the benefit. There is no loss of money here. Pure scapegoating.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 01:07
This turned out to be a cool 'word' game :rolleyes:

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 01:07
Absolutely :D:D:D

Please don't use any variation of the word 'absolute' in the presence of you know who...

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I don't see any reason why the self employed should be able to claim unemployment benefit and as I pointed out the self employed can claim incapacity benefit.

Because I and every other self employed person pays the same amount of taxes as Joe Bloggs the factory worker, that's bloody why!
And as for the incapacity benefit try claiming it and see what you get, and don't quote articles from the state, they're a bloody lie:rolleyes:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Totally absurd to open up a honey-pot and blame the bees for coming.

The polish example is a classic case of a law abiding family being scape-goated for a policy they had nothing to do with creating.

Who said the Polish were being blamed directly for Government, oops silly me, EU policy?:confused:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Who said the Polish were being blamed directly for Government, oops silly me, EU policy?:confused:

I was referring to Colin's 'send them all home' statement. Though now I'm not sure whether he was quoting another's opinion. I do wish he'd use quotation marks to avoid confusion.

EDIT: and the wording of the article that I subsequently posted.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Because I and every other self employed person pays the same amount of taxes as Joe Bloggs the factory worker, that's bloody why!

Yeah but surely there are equivalent tax-break perks for the self-employed which the employed don't get. Maybe not, I don't know. ;)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah but surely there are equivalent tax-break perks for the self-employed which the employed don't get. Maybe not, I don't know. ;)
There are No tax breaks

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Fuel costs are a necessary business expense, why wouldn't I claim the cost of it?

I'm not saying you shouldn't. Just saying that the employed can't claim on expenses getting to work which is just as necessary.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not saying you shouldn't. Just saying that the employed can't claim on expenses getting to work which is just as necessary.
They can use public transport, I can't

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom