This site is ever increasingly becoming a joke... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:01
Re: Not a good way to manage a site...

What's really sad is that he had to put that warning out there to begin with. If people would grow up and act like adults and stop making disparaging towards other people, countries, or skin colors none of this would even be necessary. :(

Well said Ms. Cindy. You do not have to look back far to see how many folks use to post but do not now, or at least seldom do. It gets very old and tiresome that almost every thread gets hijacked with the same tiresome comments. Maybe one of the things that could/would be helpful from the mods/admins is to help keep the post on topic. If someone wants to talk about baseball being a girls sport then start a thread about it and say what you want. If someone wants to comment on the Iraq war, start a thread and keep the comments there. I think the drive by comments just to see if a person will react, has run a number of good folks off and have kept others in the background not commenting.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 04:01
I'm just downright curious now as to what, exactly, Colin said in that thread that was so offencive?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 20:01
I'm just downright curious now as to what, exactly, Colin said in that thread that was so offencive?

erm ..... McDonalds?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

To be honest, I can't remember myself. It was probobly just a throw-away line that Larson ruled was not in keeping with his strict regime.

Who cares anyway? Larson rules and runs this site now, so we're all going to have to live with it. I daresay I'll get used to it after a few months.
As long as everyone abides by Larsons rules we'll be ok.

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
erm ..... McDonalds?
LMAO, 20 million kids can't be wrong ;)

To be honest, I can't remember myself. It was probobly just a throw-away line that Larson ruled was not in keeping with his strict regime.

Who cares anyway? Larson rules and runs this site now, so we're all going to have to live with it. I daresay I'll get used to it after a few months.
As long as everyone abides by Larsons rules we'll be ok.

Col

We have the advantage of seeing it coming then? Perhaps we have better odds of survival than 1930s Germany, 1940s Spain and 1990s Zimbabwe... :p

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Good point well made... poor liddle guys

(by liddle I mean young)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
There are so many rules and regulations being written and posted here now it's like being in Colditz, might as well join Utter Access, Woodys, Tech tips etc. etc, I hope that's what Jon has in mind for the site

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Are there though? As long as you're nice it's all good isn't it?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Are there though? As long as you're nice it's all good isn't it?

Nice? We are grown ups though, I agree there is no need for blatant nastiness, but one mans sarcasm is another mans laughter, you cannot police people's thoughts, when you try you get a label - dictator!

No offence to the wanna be dictators out there, I'm just saying like :rolleyes:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 22:01
Re: Not a good way to manage a site...

I think the drive by comments just to see if a person will react, has run a number of good folks off and have kept others in the background not commenting.

Exactly. Two or three good people that I know of for sure. :(

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time

I didn't see it either, but I'm guessing he made some drive-by comment that really wasn't necessary, and then added in something about food just so it would 'fit' the original topic of the thread. But if Bob, Vass, and DCrake all thought it shouldn't have been there, then that should say something. It probably wasn't any one thing in particular, and nothing overtly offensive, but it just demonstrates the same pattern that has been happening for the last several years. It's just like being in grade school. Kids typically don't always know when enough is enough and just keep on, which is why you need grownups to help guide them. If some of the people on this forum knew when enough was enough (which was a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time ago), then we wouldn't need the grownups (mods) to come in and make everyone behave. :(

Col, I still love ya though. Rich too. It's my hope that we can put all of this behind us and get along beautifully like we used to. :)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 23:01
You know, most forums out there have much more strict rules. Most of them absolutely forbid publicly questioning the decisions of the moderating team and it would lead to bans. I'm just saying. You guys really don't know how good you have it here. :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Kids typically don't always know when enough is enough and just keep on, which is why you need grownups to help guide them.

They also tend to ask the same question over and over until they get the answer they want.

I've never known a kid to persist for two years though. That takes a special dedication and alot of free time.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It's just like being in grade school. Kids typically don't always know when enough is enough and just keep on, which is why you need grownups to help guide them. If some of the people on this forum knew when enough was enough (which was a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time ago), then we wouldn't need the grownups (mods) to come in and make everyone behave.

Thank you, Mrs. Gorilla - that was one of my points, about how many adults we actually have on this site. You obviously see the same problem I've seen. Glad I'm not alone.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
They also tend to ask the same question over and over until they get the answer they want.

All I asked was for an answer, if a certain person had not avoided the question for that long it could have been resolved within hours.

I've never known a kid to persist for two years though. That takes a special dedication and alot of free time.

Just as well I don't go to work then.

MrsGorilla said:
Col, I still love ya though

Cindy -love you too. You know you and Tess are the only Americans on here I repect and listen to.

Col

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I read it :p typical long winded response from you doc but noble thought alls the same...

Btw - what are they to do when I go off the deep end? :D
Don't worry! Some-one will let you know:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom