this thread has been started for Richard. (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:21
OK my elder,

Now why did I start this? You tell me. It was your idea. =)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
someone has already beaten you to the punch Richard. someone in England at postal code => TA24 <= has already read this stuff. so you're late! maybe it's your old age?? =) furthermore, they apparently came from Somerset. but please be aware I have no SSL on that subdomain. it's not worth it, just to show you a sample.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:21
I clicked and skim read it. However my postcode doesn't begin with TA24.
Anyway, there was nothing on that page that increased my knowledge or indeed that isn't available elsewhere.
So what was the point of posting that link?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
So what was the point of posting that link?
it's not meant for you, Colin. Richard wanted a sample of how I explain things. I gave it to him. Your knowledge level is WAY beyond what I'm talking about there. I'm sure you would've figured that out. I wasn't expecting someone like you to even be interested.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
why would someone from Los Angeles be interested in this!?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Richard, you might also want to read the following, which I have copied from my own site for your enjoyment, sir. =) this might be giving away too much, but that's OK. you wanted it, so you got it.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:21
I'd be more curious as to what @MajP 's opinion of your custom class / oop tutorial is.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I'd be more curious as to what @MajP 's opinion of your custom class / oop tutorial is.
well I hope to heck he doesn't see this thread. because he'll reem me a new one if he sees it. Keep in mind that it is not supposed to *register* with any of you guys, since you obviously know way more than what is included there.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:21
Well since our new forum software includes Tagging like @MajP Im sure @MajP will be aware of it and will probably take a peek.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
moke, when you tag someone like that, does a red indicator number automatically appear next to the icons in the upper right?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, I have other things to do than stay on my computer all day. I actually DO have a social life. This morning after my post-breakfast session in the forum, my dear wife asked for assistance with some outside work. I have just now returned to the computer after several hours of enjoying the great outdoors and as a side event, straining my back. In this particular case, if you called me "old man" I would be unable to deny it. But Arthritic Dose Tylenol, taken sparingly, works wonders.

I have followed your link and was not overly impressed. In particular, I will give you only this hint: In your section on "Operating System Compatibility" you have made a careless choice of words that is technically wrong, though I did understand your intent. That's all the hint you get. The level of your explanation is minimally adequate but nothing spectacular. Your command of business English is again adequate but not more than that.

You are correctly afraid of showing your "custom class" tutorial to MajP. Not because he would be bothered by your arrogance, but that he might reveal your ineptitude to all of us. Though in fact, that revelation has already occurred.

You COULD be an asset to a site with your variety of web language experience, but your demeanor leaves us really unsettled. You implicitly belittle new posters by showing how much better you are at something or another. But you and I both know that other senior posters have called you down on technical matters several times. You've been banned temporarily more than once. Yet you persist in tagging newbies with your narcissism.

I do not apologize for taking a stance to protect and defend the integrity of this forum. I see it as a good thing. Most of the people tend to be pretty helpful. You, on the other hand, appear to offer mostly empty help. If you seek to understand our difference of opinion, it is centered around what other people have already noted in this thread. Your comments are not as helpful as you seem to think they are, and you don't listen when we try to tell you that fact.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I have followed your link and was not overly impressed. In particular, I will give you only this hint: In your section on "Operating System Compatibility" you have made a careless choice of words that is technically wrong, though I did understand your intent. That's all the hint you get.
very nice. I'm going to discard what you say, like I'm sure you expected I would. and the page is not supposed to show anything "expert"-like. You have to remember who the intended audience is Richard. If I was teaching a pro like you, I would explain what the purpose of an Nginx server is, it's load balancing capabilities and why they are necessary in the corporate world of today. But why would I do that? That's pointless since I don't work for Wal-Mart or Amazon.
You implicitly belittle new posters by showing how much better you are at something or another. But you and I both know that other senior posters have called you down on technical matters several times. You've been banned temporarily more than once. Yet you persist in tagging newbies with your narcissism.
If you're so correct, why is it that I get private messages from people here when they are probably not telling you that they are doing it? ;) furthermore, would you ever tell someone new, or a young person about DDOS, SQL injects and the like? The purpose is to create intelligent human beings that can do for themselves. Any beginner worth anything that actually has passion will recognize that, and change accordingly. And someone who sticks with them through it all is the person that will win in the end. Kind of like the king I've mentioned to you so many times before, Mr. Unbeliever?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't CARE with whom you correspond. That, sir, is private between you and the other person in the PM. I won't offer a PM because, basically I have no interest in keeping my comments private. I have nothing private to say to you.

You keep claiming expertise but your page wasn't intended to be "expert-like." OK by me if you want to keep your light under a bushel.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
You keep claiming expertise but your page wasn't intended to be "expert-like." OK by me if you want to keep your light under a bushel.
I don't advertise. If you want a hint, read the page "e2". did you? once I've known that you have read them, I'm going to take them down. then if Maj wants to see it he can PM me. and if I remember right, i never claimed expertise. did I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom