True racism - what is your definition? (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:37
Perhaps it would help if white people were to try to integrate a bit into black society, go to predominately black bars and mainly black areas.
One could also learn their language, I notice they call each other 'homey' or 'blood' and they refer to a house as a 'crib' - all rather strange but there it is.
You have it backwards. A segment of the Black population is rejecting integration into White society and is actually advocating for a revitalized segregated Black only society. Look at the creation of Black only holidays, such as Kwanzaa, the demands for Black only graduations/dorms, the promotion of "equity" based programs to serve only the Black community, the establishment of Black caucuses.These are all racist acts by Black.

As a side note: Some media outlets cater exclusively to the Black community. Imagine the outrage where the media exclusively catered to the White community.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 14:37
Maybe stop relying on old Clint Eastwood movies as a source of factual information 🤔
So you're saying that it is totally wrong and black people don't use the words 'homey', 'blood' or 'crib' in the context I outlined. It is total fabrication on the part of Hollywood or US TV dramas? Absolutely not true?

Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:37
So you're saying that it is totally wrong and black people don't use the words 'homey', 'blood' or 'crib' in the context I outlined. It is total fabrication on the part of Hollywood or US TV dramas? Absolutely not true?

Col
No, I'm saying you're a huge Clint Eastwood fanboy.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
No, I'm saying you're a huge Clint Eastwood fanboy.
You know what? I've come to the conclusion that you and Nautical thingy and one or two others will slag off virtually anything I post whether it's true or not. You think this makes you look clever, (which it doesn't), and you think it allows you a free pass to call me names (Jack-ass was the latest of a long list). A couple have put me on ignore, yet they still comment on my posts which obviously prove to irresistible to ignore.

You are not saying my comments are a fabrication or untrue, so by default, they must be true, so why show yourself up by appearing to be saying I make things up or because I comment on what you Americans put out to the world via the media is suddenly Colinessex hating Americans which again is totally wrong.
Plus, I have no idea how Clint Eastwood got into the conversation.

I await your comments to yet again slag off my post.

Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What I don't understand is why the left keeps pushing for apartheid. It worked so well for South Africa:poop: I guess they are not students of history, even current history! Maybe they think they can do it better.

the strength of America is not its diversity as the Marxists keep telling us, it is our ability to ASSIMILATE anyone who actually wants to be an American. There really is no room in this country for hyphenated-Americans. You are an American or you are not. Your choice. If you like the "old" country's ways better, go back there. Stop trying to import them here.

The left refuses to acknowledge that there IS an American CULTURE. No, we don't wear cute costumes and sing and dance for tourists, but we have a common language (barely these days) and a common concept of freedom and fair play. There is American food but since American roots go to every country in the world, it takes from here and from there and sometimes the origins are recognizable and sometimes something totally different emerges. We make movies and music that the world adopts. A lot of it is junk but that is just one person's opinion. We also believe that we can do anything we set our minds to because no one will stand in our way. Just think about it. Joe wanted to be President and since he has no moral compass didn't mind cheating to make it happen. Not my idea of the American way but hey, it's not my America anymore.

But in America, Barack Obama also became President and I'm pretty sure he didn't have to cheat (except to get rid of Hillary but that was the DNC)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I await your comments to yet again slag off my post
Okay right, let's see if I can answer some of your queries. I don't speak for NauticalGent but yes I will slag off your comments at times only because you go out of your way to get a rise out of Americans which is fine as long as you don't mind the reverse.

A couple have put me on ignore, yet they still comment on my posts which obviously prove to irresistible to ignore.
People who respond to you after claiming to have you on ignore is true. The way it works is they get notified if a member who is not on their ignore list responds by copying your text at that point they inadvertently see what you said and respond accordingly, does that make sense?

I don't block any members especially not you, I'm literally on pins and needles awaiting your next installment on American culture or the lack of it.

Plus, I have no idea how Clint Eastwood got into the conversation.
The Clint Eastwood thing is because I have noted you bring him up more than just about another other US celebrity.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Okay right, let's see if I can answer some of your queries. I don't speak for NauticalGent but yes I will slag off your comments at times only because you go out of your way to get a rise out of Americans which is fine as long as you don't mind the reverse.

People who respond to you after claiming to have you on ignore is true. The way it works is they get notified if a member who is not on their ignore list responds by copying your text at that point they inadvertently see what you said and respond accordingly, does that make sense? No

I don't block any members especially not you, I'm literally on pins and needles awaiting your next installment on American culture or the lack of it.
The Clint Eastwood thing is because I have noted you bring him up more than just about another other US celebrity.
Having not visited the USA, I can only go on what we see in films or TV shows. Just like Americans not visited the UK think we are like Benny Hill, or wear bowler hats and carry umbrellas. Hmmm, thinking about it, The Benny Hill thing is trueish on a Saturday night when younger people have been drinking all night. The hat thing is true but only in London in the finance part.

The Clint thing is true, I happen to like him as an actor, also he's quite funny in interviews. I suppose that's wrong to like him so I'll expect chastisement for that.

Col

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Having not visited the USA, I can only go on what we see in films or TV shows.
Seems that you unquestionably follow the US media/stations publishing an anti-American message. Broaden your news/media sources. Maybe then you will develop improved insight.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:37
Col, you know I have called you out from time to time. My biggest complaint about you recently was about you using "half-caste" to describe Meghan Markle. If you wish to condemn us for being racist or uncouth, then perhaps you should not adopt a style of commentary that is extremely racist. If you are going to call us out for poor race relations, improve your own racial tolerance. Otherwise, we have a case of, as we say it here, "the pot calling the kettle black."

There, a reply that wasn't vulgar or steeped in name-calling. And I didn't tell you t slag off, either.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Doc, it's been months since I last used that description, and I changed it to 'half breed' which was a song by Cher, it was on the radio the other day. This caused pretend outrage by Americans here so I posted a public apology, and have not mentioned Miss Markle since, which as you continue to rake up the past seems to have had little effect. So that was a waste of time.

Steve, I don't follow USA media/stations. I watch the odd film, and listen to the BBC news.

A brilliant film I saw on British TV the other day was 'Blazing Saddles', very funny.

Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
If I chip in with a philosophical point, what America is actually like depends largely on your point of view. We can argue there is an objective truth, but then there is a subjective interpretation of that truth too. Look at CNN vs Fox News, for example. Two radically different perspectives on the same thing, magnified by where you point the lens. Russia and China will also have a different perspective of America too.

Perhaps there will always be an inbuilt distortion because if you point the lens over here, you can 't see what is happening over there. By here and there I am not referring to the US and UK. Instead, I mean there is an opportunity cost depending on where the lens is pointed.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
People who respond to you after claiming to have you on ignore is true. The way it works is they get notified if a member who is not on their ignore list responds by copying your text at that point they inadvertently see what you said and respond accordingly, does that make sense?

Mostly correct, see attachment.

Capture.PNG

I do not see any of his drivel unless someone cuts and pastes his nonsense. He used to amuse me - the whole "Old man on the park bench" thing. But he has proven himself to be an utter and insufferable hypocrite and a waste of my time. Time and money: I do not mind spending either, but I hate wasting it.

Made an exception here because you (AB) mentioned me by name. You can call me John, BTW...

Harrybrigham

Local time

View attachment 93295

I do not see any of his drivel unless someone cuts and pastes his nonsense. He used to amuse me - the whole "Old man on the park bench" thing. But he has proven himself to be an utter and insufferable hypocrite and a waste of my time. Time and money: I do not mind spending either, but I hate wasting it.

Made an exception here because you (AB) mentioned me by name. You can call me John, BTW...

Harrybrigham

Local time
Access blaster and nautical gent seem to be having a dispute. I don't know anything about ignoring or being ignored, yet I have somehow got involved.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
AB and myself are fine. You are involved because you have subscribed to this thread. If your "involvement" bothers you, you can always Unsubscribe or choose to ignore certain members.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
If I chip in with a philosophical point, what America is actually like depends largely on your point of view. We can argue there is an objective truth, but then there is a subjective interpretation of that truth too. Look at CNN vs Fox News, for example. Two radically different perspectives on the same thing, magnified by where you point the lens. Russia and China will also have a different perspective of America too.

Perhaps there will always be an inbuilt distortion because if you point the lens over here, you can 't see what is happening over there. By here and there I am not referring to the US and UK. Instead, I mean there is an opportunity cost depending on where the lens is pointed.
The difference between the UK and the US is we are willing to debate our issues in an open forum whilst our UK counterparts sit in a collective silence about what's bugging them. We are arguing with ourselves and other countries simultaneously. This is one reason we get negative reactions on this site. Airing dirty laundry and then defending it has consequences.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It could be that there are more Americans on this site than us Brits, and so it sucks up more airtime. I also feel that there seems to be a little more polarisation over in the US. I've commentated about that before on this forum. Whilst our news channels are (allegedly, but disputable) supposed to be impartial, in the US it is anything but. Combine that with the freedom of speech laws and you get a lot of harsh words flying around. This tends to sensationalise things and that attracts eyeballs.

There is also the fact that the Conservatives won the last election by a landslide, while in the US the affairs were a closer battle. I don't think many are interested in a one horse race.

In any case, I find it interesting what goes on over there the other side of the pond. I know more about US politics nowadays than UK!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

View attachment 93295

Nice to meet you John.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom