True racism - what is your definition? (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:14
American politics is quite simple.

You have two parties, each takes it in turn to run the country. Whilst it's your turn, you bring in various schemes or initiatives - like building a wall or whatever.
Then after four years it's the others turn to have a bash, so they undo all the things the others did, and they do their thing, and so it repeats every four years.
Of course you get a total idiot in charge periodically, they stir up trouble and do untold damage to the country. The people have a good time demonstrating and some even send their children to smash up parliament, but it passes and eventually their four years is up so the others get in.

Obviously there's a lot of huffing and puffing about things but like the Yanks on this site, it means nothing and is mostly hot air because they have nothing better to do.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:14
You will perhaps excuse me for taking this stance (or not), but Trump was NOT a "total idiot." He had many good initiatives. He irritated some folks because he wasn't a diplomat. He dared to try to run the country more like a business. He called out China for some really bad things they did economically to "cheat" on their debts by playing around with the value of their currency. Other countries too, but China was the worst about this.

He was not obviously a racist (though he might have secretly been one; I can't tell.) He worked on initiatives to reduce prison populations, which by simple prison population statistics would have helped a lot of black people. He encouraged reductions of sentences for non-violent crimes. He did not encourage reductions for violent criminals. So how is that a bad idea?

He persuaded other countries to shoulder some of the cost of their defense that had been shouldered by the USA. In other words, pay for the services you get and stop taking money you didn't earn. How is that wrong?

He got rid of excessive regulations that held back the flow of business. As a result, before the pandemic, the USA economy had reached an incredibly low unemployment rate, so low that some folks went back to work who were previously listed as "chronically unemployed." How is that wrong?

I do not claim Trump was right about everything. He WAS right about some things, though. One thing in particular: recent headlines on the border problem show it still to be true. With regard to the immigration crisis, he had to enforce the laws that were on the books, so we had a lot of illegals detained at the border. But Congress has not acted on this, the laws have not changed, and we STILL have a lot of illegals detained at the border under Biden's administration except now it is getting worse. Blame that one on Congress.

So... I must respectfully dispute the "total idiot" claim in favor of an "abrasive person who has no patience with extreme liberal political viewpoints." He was wrong about a lot of things - but he was nowhere near being wrong about everything as would be implied by "total idiot."

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:14
Obviously there's a lot of huffing and puffing about things but like the Yanks on this site, it means nothing and is mostly hot air because they have nothing better to do.
Sometimes it's people across the pond pretending to hate American politics, who seem to know everything about our system. Then complain about Americans talking about it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Sometimes it's people across the pond pretending to hate American politics, who seem to know everything about our system. Then complain about Americans talking about it.
I don't hate American politics, far from it in fact. Personally I think it's a laugh because I view it from outside looking in

As for the political discussions here, I admit it does get a bit boring as we have no real idea of the names of politicians used. We know the name of the president and that's about it, no idea what party he leads. But, I can see it's important to Americans, so I respect that.

It's just it would be nice to talk about other things too - like cars, houses, music, day to day stuff, weather, even the olympics,

Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
It's just it would be nice to talk about other things too - like cars, houses, music, day to day stuff, weather, even the olympics,

Col
There are tons of non-political threads but you choose not to engage. Instead, you just want to bag on the USA and Trump which is fine we welcome debate.

BTW did you see your prime minister's handling of the umbrella yesterday wow? Also, no masks anywhere.

1627746748756.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:14
There is also the fact that the Conservatives won the last election by a landslide, while in the US the affairs were a closer battle.
Only if you don't object to dead people voting or counting the same ballots multiple times.

BTW did you see your prime minister's handling of the umbrella yesterday wow?
The Britts are masters of the umbrella:) His aide tried to give him his but the PM didn't need it.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There are tons of non-political threads but you choose not to engage. Instead, you just want to bag on the USA and Trump which is fine we welcome debate.

BTW did you see your prime minister's handling of the umbrella yesterday wow? Also, no masks anywhere.

View attachment 93309
My apologies for trying to inject some interest into the forums. I suspected you would come back with a put-down.

Masks are not compulsory in England, in the majority of circumstances. Plus, we were combatting strong winds and storms yesterday.

Col

Last edited:

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
My apologies for trying to inject some interest into the forums. I suspected you would come back with a put-down.

Masks are not compulsory in England, in the majority of circumstances. Plus, we were combatting strong winds and storms yesterday.

Col

I think the problem most countries faced is not about wearing mask but, the weather. In some, floods and landslides are rampant. Though, media is still focused on COVID 19.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Liberals have gotten on the wrong side of racism again quite by accident (I assume, unless they really are racists) when they started pushing COVID (can't we call it Wuhan yet?) passports. The lowest percentages of vaccinated by race are blacks and Hispanics. So, that's going to look pretty bad as African Americans are bared from entering restaurants in NYC because they don't have a "passport". Having to show photo ID to vote is RACIST!!!! However, having to produce a "passport" to enter a restaurant or gym is not. As usual, their logic escapes me. I guess logic is not required when hypricrocy reigns.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Covid-19 passports are a joke, anyone with a computer and copier can mass produce them at will. There is no security embedded within the doc and it's wide open for interpretation. The same folks who said this was the most trusted election "ever" will be the same folks in charge of handing out the phony passports to their cronies and big donors, no one will notice.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
A little code behind a form, some card stock in the canon and we're off to the races boys

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Way ahead of you. Ron Paul once said: "A 30 foot wall increases the sale of 35 foot ladders"

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
While I don't wish bad things for anyone, I can imagine a situation where someone is gasping their last breath due to COVID issues as they clutch their counterfeit vaccination certificate in-hand.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
IF...the vaccine actually prevented the spread, I would agree with you. But since it does not...this is FACT, not opinion...your concerns are misplaced

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you are in a danger category, you should take the vaccine since the risk of taking it is less than not taking it BECAUSE unless you have super insurance, your doctor will send you home and tell you to tough it out. We are not treating people with the cheap drugs in the early stages because Trump said they might work.

Just take a look at the world map on the CDC website that shows the number of deaths per 100,000 by country. Think about why Equatorial Africa has such a low death rate compared to the US and Europe who also refused to administer the safe prophylactic's used to treat malaria. Is the health care system there so much better than ours or did they decide to try to save people with what they had available? When this all shakes out, we will discover that we killed hundreds of thousands of people due to Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
IF...the vaccine actually prevented the spread, I would agree with you. But since it does not...this is FACT, not opinion...your concerns are misplaced

It reduces the spread since vaccinated people, while they CAN still have a breakthrough or be a carrier, are LESS LIKELY to reflect either of those things. And that is ALSO a fact, NG. I'll take anything that twists the odds in my favor.

Particularly since I was in a danger category based on age, high blood pressure (even though controlled by medication), and a family history of heart disease, I took the vaccine when it was offered. No regrets. And now, nearly six months after the second shot, no symptoms either.

Yes, I hear the critics now... my story is only anecdotal evidence. But you know what you get when you roll up the stories of 167 million anecdotes of success stories? It's called statistical evidence and is accepted by scientists world-wide.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
♪ ♫ And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information, oh
They can bend it all they want ♫♪

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
To listen to the talking heads, you would think that small children were dropping dead on the playground from COVID. While no death is unimportant, the death rate for children is a rounding error. Do NOT believe me. LOOK for yourself at the actual numbers on the CDC website. Children simply don't get bad cases and they have been proven to not be super-spreaders.

Somewhere along the way, we lost sight of the actual goal which was to protect the vulnerable. Part of that in the early days was to slow the spread. So, the CDC started recommending actions that had been disproven as being effective in all other large outbreaks. Eventually this seems to have morphed into eradicate COVID from the face of the earth or you can never be "normal" again. It's not happening folks. For anyone old enough to remember the outbreak of polio in the 50's and the subsequent vaccination program. WHO took the vaccine? Your grandparents? No, they did not. The vaccine was administered to the VULNERABLE, young children. Same with measles when that one came along.

If Trump had never tried to give us hope by suggesting that there were several early stage treatments that looked promising, our death rate would almost certainly have been significantly lower because rather than banning the use of drugs like Hydroxychloroquine, we would have used them to start treating people at the first sniffle and thousands would have been saved. Instead, Governors banned the use of the drug except when administered in a hospital in the late stages where it did absolutely no good at all!!!!!!!!!!! This politicization of medical care converted my PCP from a Democrat to a Republican overnight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom