Venting my Frustration (1 Viewer)

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 22:03
:mad::mad::mad:

My niece mentioned to my daughter that they wanted to go on a cruise next year to celebrate her 1st wedding aniversary. Hubby, wife and 2 kids. I have always fancied a criuse. Talked my wife in to going. So there was 8 of us. My wife, duaughter, grandson, me and the the other 4.

I trawled all over the net looking for a cruise with a cabins that were next to each other and a balcony in a price range we could all afford. I managed to find one 14 days in med. Twin room with shared balcony (1 of only 2 staterooms on the ship that slept 8).

I paid over 1200 GBP deposit last week. And guess what they have now given backword she says she can't afford it. I spke to them before hand and saild now look if you can't afford it speak now before I pay anything. Travel agents say I will loose all my deposit. I am really fuming. I was really looking forward to it. Any way I told my daughter to tell them that I want the deposit back from them if they do cancel. every penny.

Feel a bit better now I have vented my anger, but wit till I get home tonight, there is going to be rucktions.

David

genesis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:03
stay cool grandpa, it might not be best for your health if you burst your emotions to much.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
OK, I'm a bit confused, is it your niece (with the two kids) or your daughter who has cancelled? I'd be furious too if I'd paid deposits and half the people had been cancelled. On the other hand, if it is your daughter, don't Daddies just cough up for them? ;) Only kidding, I agree Dave, make sure you get your money back because that's the only guarantee that history won't repeat.

Now, you need to see if you can transfer the tickets, I'm sure you could turn a family cruise into an Access Developers cruise :D

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
It was my niece that cancelled.

And yes it could be turned into an Access Developers cruise.

I am looking for 2 adults male or female with kids 5 & 8 with at least 3 years experience each.:rolleyes:

David

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:03

I am looking for 2 adults male or female with kids 5 & 8 with at least 3 years experience each.:rolleyes:

David

I wish that I could volunteer to go, but alas, I apear to be overqualified, since all of my kids are over 12. Besides, with my oldest in College, "Fun Money" is hard to come by these days. I suspect that it might be a little difficult to find two kids 5 & 8 that each have at least 3 years experience in Access Development (that was what we were talking about?).

Last edited:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I suspect that it might be a little difficult to find two kids 5 & 8 that each have at least 5 years experience in Access Development (that was what we were talking about?).

I'd suspect most kids can run rings around us with anything to do with computers :D

Sorry Dave, you have to count me out, I have an severe allergy toward other people's kids and where there are two, guranteed there'll be more ;)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Cruises are expensive but definately a lot of fun and a good break from all the hustle and hassle of this crazy world. That is so sad the plans went all astray and hopefully your niece will ante up the loss of money.
I hope that you are going to be able to rearrange your plans and at least go for the cruise with your wife, daughter and grandson somehow.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
David, so sorry to hear about that.

I really hope you get that deposit thing solved, but as suggested could look into saving it by transferring it or put it to a different use.

If nothing else, call it a vacation. I'm sure there'll be someone else close to you who may want to go.

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:03
see if the agent will defer it somehow to a another date. they're bound to find someone else to fill the spots. if they must, let 'em keep the cash, but you get space another time.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
David you should of got them to stump up the deposit first - family or no family -then you would of know if they were serious about it ...

how did you pay ? credit card - might (note might) be able to get this back from the credit card company ...-
but as there is nothing wrong with the services from the booking agent .. - or you might be allowed a 7-14 day cooling off period..

anyway - why don't you go on a cruise - Wife and i look at a cruise down the nile on a smaller boat - (max number of people was about 30) .. didn't do it in the end - but its on the list of thing to do - once the little one is older

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Right, as it stands now, wife, daughter, grandson and me are still going on the cruise. We have to move cabins but on the same deck with a balcony. My share has actually dropped, however all costs incurrd by them dropping out is going to be recouped from the other group. Even if they change their mind and decide to go I am not going to let them as at present I just can't trust them. They may drop out at a later stage.

Having slept following a few slurps last night I have cooled down a bit, but have to go into the travel agents to redo the holdiday. Thanks all.

David

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 16:03
Right, as it stands now, wife, daughter, grandson and me are still going on the cruise. We have to move cabins but on the same deck with a balcony. My share has actually dropped, however all costs incurrd by them dropping out is going to be recouped from the other group. Even if they change their mind and decide to go I am not going to let them as at present I just can't trust them. They may drop out at a later stage.

Having slept following a few slurps last night I have cooled down a bit, but have to go into the travel agents to redo the holdiday. Thanks all.

David

praying for you david. :)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time

David

I almost match the criteria...

Husband... Me

Wife... Her

Boy 1 - aged 7

Boy 2 - aged 6

Ah.... just one snag, I'm skint... you paying... :p;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom