want to come to an online user group meeting? (1 Viewer)

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:44
@sonic8 (first name so I can correlate?)-- awesome!... thanks, @NauticalGent (never stand YOU up!!) . Great session and very technical

will post link to recording once it's ready ~

Last edited:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
user group meeting this FRIDAY! All are welcome.

Controlling the Application Interface
by Colin Riddington, @isladogs , Mendip Data Systems

meeting page: https://accessusergroups.org/et/event/access-et-10/

DATE: 17 December 2021 Friday
TIME: 9a Eastern Time USA, London +5 --> 14:00

This session will show how the Access application interface can be controlled in various ways including:
a) show / hide navigation pane
b) show / hide ribbon (& QAT)
c) show / hide taskbar
d) dim/blur/remove background
e) show / hide entire Access application window
f) maximise form to fill the entire screen (no title bar & no taskbar)
g) drag a borderless form to a new position
h) add rounded corners to forms
i) form animation, transparency and fade (in/out)
j) open reports with the application interface hidden (various methods)
k) scrolling/flashing text
l) add balloon tooltips (system tray notifications)
Some methods can help make a database more secure.

Although it is highly unlikely that any single application would ever need to use all those features, the session will show how each item can be toggled on / off independently without problems.

All required code will be provided together with an example application demonstrating its use.

to join the meeting, on the date, go to
https://accessusergroups.my.webex.c.../j.php?MTID=m025d332e4de61d3a7ab35aea62a0513f
Join AS Guest

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:44
As a diversion whilst preparing for my AUG session on Fri 17 Dec, I created the simple database attached
It shows how one form can be used to remotely move another using a mouse move event.
Now all I need to do is think of a practical use for it!
:cool:
Any ideas welcomed!

The session will include lots of practical examples you can use!

Attachments

• MoveOneFormFromAnother.zip
    30 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
(edit to replace last minute note to come!) Colin's presentation just ended -- it was great! Lots of ideas. Thanks to everyone who came! It's always fun to see ya'all virtually

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks from me as well.
Hopefully it was worth watching for those who did make it and offered some new ideas!

I learned a new word from John at the end of the session ... plagiarity ... it may not be a real word but I intend to use it from now on...!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The video of the AUG presentation I did on 17 Dec was published on You Tube this morning:
I hope some of you will watch it!

HUGE thanks are due to Crystal Long for spending an extraordinary amount of time editing this to perfection!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I would just like to add, and I'm sure Colin will back me up on this, because he also creates videos.

That's a 1 hour long video that Crystal has edited! From my experience I would guess that she's put in 6 to 8 hours of time to edit that video, and possibly a lot more time, it's difficult to judge exactly. In any event it will have been an incredible effort, so thank you very much Crystal.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
@Uncle Gizmo, thanks! ... it was more like days not hours ... came out great though! Colin is an excellent presenter.

Is it my imagination, or is it snowing on AWF?

Tomorrow, I'm presenting with Maria -- hope you can come!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 12:44
Is it my imagination, or is it snowing on AWF?
These will bring you up to speed! Dont forget Santa's hat sitting askew either!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
What the hell! I don't know if I'm breaking any etiquette rules for forums and things, but I reckon it's the right thing to do. And you know me, I don't mind sticking my neck out!

At the bottom of this page on Crystals website is a donate button. I think a token of appreciation from a few members would not go amiss. As a recipient of of the generosity of the people here myself, I'm sure many of you have already taken this step...

Merry Christmas and a happy New year all....

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Nicely put Tony. I agree...

I'd say it typically takes up to 10 hours to edit a 1 hour video plus additional time to render to MP4, upload to YouTube, add a description, edit transcripts etc, etc... And that's when nothing goes wrong.

In this case there were a few issues that added significantly to the time needed. It is a mark of Crystal's dedication and professionalism that she keeps going when most of us mere mortals would long since have abandoned ship....

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 12:44
Today's AUG meeting was just fantastic, great job Colin and Crystal! I don't recall seeing anyone else from AWF there but if I missed you, thanks for "showing the flag"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom