What is a jury of your peers? (1 Viewer)

jpl458

Local time
Yesterday, 17:27
I was commenting on the fact that DJT thinks Putin is some sort of strategic genius, (why is it taking so long for Putin to win) and that he, Trump, says that he really gets along with the guy. The part I don't understand, as a former Republican, is, I was always under the impression that the idea was to try and expand your base, particularly if you are in the minority, in order to win elections. Not to alienate the majority. In my 8th grade civics class I was taught that in America it was government buy the majority. Trump has done a handsome job of losing, because he is only appealing to a party of 1. Donald Trump. He does not care about anyone else. He is a allegedly a billionaire, with a gold commode, a 757, yet he is allegedly going broke and needs everyone to send in money, Like $25, from people that he would never allow on his golf course. All that money will never be used for legal fees, It's all just part of the grift.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:27
I was commenting on the fact that DJT thinks Putin is some sort of strategic genius
In case you haven't noticed, Putin is crushing us. He's making billions as the price of oil rises. Remember when Biden told us that we would crush Russia if we stopped buying its oil? We have been reduced to selling our strategic oil reserves to our enemy, China and drastically depleting our armaments by committing them to the war in Ukraine, so we will be ill prepared to fight when China attacks Taiwan. The price of gas is on the rise again. Our "friends" the Saudi's are now friends with their arch enemies the Iranians and they've lowered their oil production to hurt us. It is not good for us when the Suni and Shiite combine forces. They have been at war since Mohamad died over 1500 years ago. And both regimes support terrorists. Most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi's.

Putin and Xi are smiling like the Cheshire cat as Biden licks ice cream cones, stumbles up the steps of Air Force One, and sniffs the hair of little girls like a pervert.

Trump, says that he really gets along with the guy.
So, what is it. Is he a billionaire or is he going broke? He is probably the ONLY elected official who left office poorer than when he entered it unlike the Clintons, Obama, and Biden. Ask yourself, how do our elected officials always end up so rich?

Apparently, you never studied strategy or read Machiavelli's The Prince or Sun Tzu's The Art of War. They are excellent background for a President or military officer though. I'll leave you with an excerpt from The Art of War to ponder - keep your friends close and your enemies closer. That is all you need to understand to understand Trump.
Trump has done a handsome job of losing,
Except that he didn't lose. We were cheated. You too.

1. Donald Trump. He does not care about anyone else. He is a allegedly a billionaire, with a gold commode, a 757, yet he is allegedly going broke and needs everyone to send in money, Like $25, from people that he would never allow on his golf course. All that money will never be used for legal fees, It's all just part of the grift.
That is your opinion and you are entitled to your opinion. You are so filled with hate that you are willing to only believe negative reports. And since Google, FB, etc. manipulate you by controlling what news you see and whose opinion you get to hear as they block/ban articles that don't fit their narrative, it makes perfect sense that you are clueless regarding what Trump actually did for this country while he was President. You probably never read 1984 or Atlas Shrugged either so you can't even see where this leads.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
This is a outlier, most people don't have a personal beef with ex-presidents

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
most people don't have a personal beef with ex-president
True but this one claims one from over 50 years ago when DJT's father was running the show. I think we have a case here of the sins of the father being assigned to the son.

Hatred is such a non-productive emotion that in a rational person it is extremely rare unless there is some personal reason.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
1680820949434.png

jpl458

Local time
Get with the program. The Russia Hoax was just that and no one apologized for costing the US taxpayers over $10 million dollars for the Muller report plus a year of 24/7 lies, lies, and bigger lies every day from the mouths of the talking heads. The whole thing was made up out of whole cloth as a way to discredit Trump and YOU fell for it - and, even worse, you still believe it.

The Steele Dossier which started the whole debacle was bought and paid for by the Clinton campaign. And, just so you know, the "crime" that Trump is being charged with is EXACTLY the same crime that the DNC was fined $105,000 and Hillary's campaign $8,000 for last year.

Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC fined by FEC over Trump-Russia dossier research | CNN Politics

And then you might want to review who actually takes money from Russia and other countries as well:(

I also include this article so you can see just who is LYING to you:

The Post reported the story in 2020 when it broke. CNN insisted it was false and yet we see in the newest stories more details of the actual transactions that are documented by bank reports given to Congress.

Are the bank reports lies?
What about the fines levied against the DNC and the Hillary campaign?

Are you ready to give up Russia! Russia! Russia! yet?
I'm an Independent, so I don't get with programs. Putin is losing, His 3 day invasion is going badly for him, and despite the billions you claim he is making, which I doubt, the Russian economy is tanking. Read the following glowing report regarding the Russian economy since Putin's invasion.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm sure the average Russian is suffering. I seriously doubt that many of them are behind the invasion and we hear reports of military aged men going missing to avoid becoming cannon fodder. I was talking about the price of oil which is what Putin needs to finance his war and which has backfired badly on us.
I don't get with programs.
I know. But, there are help groups out there for TDS that are similar to AA. You can get help if you look for it.

jpl458

Local time
You last reply was out of order, personal, and uncalled for.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I am not that knowledgeable with the process. Is it possible that it could go to the supreme court

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
How about Moscow?
In my 8th grade civics class I was taught that in America it was government buy the majority. Trump has done a handsome job of losing, because he is only appealing to a party of 1. Donald Trump. He does not care about anyone else. He is a allegedly a billionaire, with a gold commode, a 757, yet he is allegedly going broke and needs everyone to send in money, Like $25, from people that he would never allow on his golf course. All that money will never be used for legal fees, It's all just part of the grift.
Lots of hate in those words and a fair amount of envy also. Do you really care if Trump has a gold commode??? Maybe all that gold leaf he loves and the gold commode is his version of Fort Knox. What I am curious about though is did you get what you voted for? Are you better off now than you were with Trump's policies? I don't care whether you like the man or not. Your personal hatred based on media lies has nothing to do with how Trump governed. The hatred spread by the Democrats and their dogs in the media was intended to keep you from noticing that Trump's policies were actually good for America. Do you feel safer today with Biden talking about "nuclear" options? The left went wild when Trump won in 2016 trying to terrify everyone with the thought of his hand on the switch. And here we have Biden threatening to blow up the Nordstrom pipeline and then doing it. Of course there doesn't seem to be any actual proof but Biden did threaten to do it. Sure looks like an act of war to me. Biden almost single-handedly caused the invasion of Ukraine. Granted, Putin didn't need to take the bait and pull the trigger so he is ultimately at fault but Biden pushed him hard by pushing NATO to admit Ukraine even though that broke our agreement with Russia. Yes, we had an agreement. NO NATO expansion. WE BROKE THE agreement more than once and eventually that was seen as an existential threat to Russia.

America is a Republic. It is not a Democracy even though the Democrats say it is. But they refer to it as "our" Democracy because they don't believe it belongs to all of us. The founders were very afraid of the tyranny of the majority. We are rapidly approaching the tipping point where more people suck on the teat of government than pay into it. The welfare programs are intended to keep the poor dependent and voting for the party that "gives" them "stuff". And "free stuff" works. Why else would people in failing cities keep voting for the same failed administrations?

I am not a Republican either. I never have been and I never will be given their feckless behavior. PS. Trump isn't a Republican either:) He's been a lifelong Democrat. Maybe that is why they feel so betrayed by him. The Republicans in Congress hate Trump because he pulled back the curtain that was hiding the corruption of our government.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I am not that knowledgeable with the process. Is it possible that it could go to the supreme court
Doubtful, no one is really wanting justice, no matter who is defining it. The real goal is to keep him from running again. Both sides are afraid of him...

Last edited:

jpl458

Local time
Agreed this is a problem, I recently posted about this as well. The whole jury of our peers concept, which is extremely important BTW, goes out the window when you try people in places like SF, NYC, DC.

They are such radically extreme concentrations of people and bizarre places on the whole, that 99.9% of America would never visit and has no interest in or relating ability to.

Random sampling doesn't matter much when your population is such an extreme concentration ...

Definitely a weapon, these DC and NYC prosecutors who just go and charge any national figure (all of whom of course have some doing-business in DC or NYC as a matter of course), knowing they'll have a jury full of crazies.
Would you think the same way if Trump was on trial in a red county in Alabama?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Would you think the same way if Trump was on trial in a red county in Alabama?
Not necessarily. Just because they are Republicans, doesn't mean that they love Trump. But they are much less likely to hate him so in a red county in Alabama they would not be inclined to ignore the Constitution our of pure hatred and the case would have been thrown out of court before it got this far due to the actual Constitutional violations. That's the difference. In NYC, if Trump were caught J-walking, they wouldn't just give him a ticket as they would give you, they would throw the book at him and try to turn the charges into a hate crime. Over the top hatred.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:27
One has no problems with this unless one think one is peerless. (Unfortunately, some people actually DO have this belief.)

jpl458

Local time
Not necessarily. Just because they are Republicans, doesn't mean that they love Trump. But they are much less likely to hate him so in a red county in Alabama they would not be inclined to ignore the Constitution our of pure hatred and the case would have been thrown out of court before it got this far due to the actual Constitutional violations. That's the difference. In NYC, if Trump were caught J-walking, they wouldn't just give him a ticket as they would give you, they would throw the book at him and try to turn the charges into a hate crime. Over the top hatred.
I don't hate Trump. I just find him disruptive, and he only cares about himself. The only thing I can figure out that he is for, is himself. Look at the trail of broken lives that he has left in his wake.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 01:27
Biden licks ice cream cones, stumbles up the steps of Air Force One, and sniffs the hair of little girls like a pervert.
So are you saying Biden is a pervert? I haven't heard this before. Does he entertain little girls?
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
and he only cares about himself
Sounds like a typical "talking point" to me. On what basis to you make that statement? Can you provide examples? How did Trump benefit personally from his term as President?

From a different perspective, he looks like an actual concerned citizen who decided to step up and run for office to help his country. You know, like the people our founders envisioned. They would run for office, serve a term or two and then go home and live under the laws they helped to pass unlike the feckless pieces of dog poo that currently inhabit public office. These people actually came for power and to trade that power for big jobs in industry when they decided to retire or actually sold their office like Hillary and Joe to anyone who would funnel money to their children or family charity.

Trump is more like a real patriot than how you see him. Did he use the office to enrich himself as most do (some without shame such as the Bidens and Clintons)? How about the fact that he spent a large part of his own money to finance his original campaign. The rest he got from small donors rather than big money donors who would have expected favors in return. That meant he couldn't be bought. He is such a master of media that he got so much free coverage that his campaign cost significantly less than Hillary's:) He's probably the only President in history who left office poorer than he was when he entered it. Let us not forget that he also donated his entire salary every year to some government agency. And fees paid by foreign nationals to his hotels went to charity or maybe as donations along with his salary directly to the government.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Look at the trail of broken lives that he has left in his wake.
So, do you think he is the only rich/powerful man who has cheated on his wife? How about everybody's hero, JFK, having the Secret Service sneak his women into the White House :poop: where his wife and children were sleeping nearby? The one good thing we can say about this behavior is that Trump marries his baby momas. We can't say that about the stars of basketball and football who keep score by how many children then can have by different baby mommas. These are men that are held up as role models to young boys:sick:. But I'm sure you feel that you are fit to judge Trump's personal behavior but would never be critical of the scorekeeping method used by your sports idols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom