What is a jury of your peers? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:46
In NYC, the jury pool will be 86%+ Democrat. They already voted against Trump twice. Many of them will have been directly affected by living in a Trump property run by Trump's father 50 years ago or having a relative who did. Very few of them will even be millionaires.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:46
Agreed this is a problem, I recently posted about this as well. The whole jury of our peers concept, which is extremely important BTW, goes out the window when you try people in places like SF, NYC, DC.

They are such radically extreme concentrations of people and bizarre places on the whole, that 99.9% of America would never visit and has no interest in or relating ability to.

Random sampling doesn't matter much when your population is such an extreme concentration ...

Definitely a weapon, these DC and NYC prosecutors who just go and charge any national figure (all of whom of course have some doing-business in DC or NYC as a matter of course), knowing they'll have a jury full of crazies.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Here's an article about the Congressional Hush Money scheme.

I wonder what General Ledger category they use in their accounting:)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Trump is better off with a bench trial.
Not in NYC. The judge is also out to get Trump for some past disagreement.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In theory, if you have an honest judge, he will not be influenced by extrania - like the media hype. However, an honest judge would already have recused himself.

GaP42

Local time
Today, 22:46
So much BS.. You stretch any reasonable understanding of "peers" with expecting that they are millionaires. Would you make a selection process to determine if they are Republican supporters? Is that what you mean by peers? You would want the trial moved to a place where the voters are 86% Republican? No concept of "peers" does not extend to political views. get real.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
The legal construct of "Peer" in a jury setting is basically someone who is an adult.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:46
And they are to be impartial.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So much BS.. You stretch any reasonable understanding of "peers" with expecting that they are millionaires. Would you make a selection process to determine if they are Republican supporters? Is that what you mean by peers? You would want the trial moved to a place where the voters are 86% Republican? No concept of "peers" does not extend to political views. get real.
Some valid points. I really do not see how DJT can even receive a fair trial; the general populace is so polarized that a jury will either be too lenient or too harsh. Contrary to popular belief, justice is NOT blind.

This whole thing is a side show. Both major parties are so afraid of the chaos his candicy would cause to their respective worlds, they are willing to team up to disqualify him.

That's what I think anyway...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
This is really just one or two misdemeanor bookkeeping violations conflated into 34 felonies for maximum damage to a presidential candidate.

Reactions: Jon

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This whole thing is a side show. Both major parties are so afraid of the chaos his candicy would cause to their respective worlds, they are willing to team up to disqualify him.
That is incorrect. Trump doesn't cause chaos. It is the media disagreeing with every single thing he does that causes the "apparent" chaos. If the man were to get dressed in the dark and end up with brown socks for his navy suit, the world would come to an end. The talking heads would discuss NOTHING except the "socks" and how "wrong" Trump was for even thinking that brown socks should be worn with a blue suit for the entire day. However, if Obama did the exact same thing, he would be looked at as a trend setter and the new norm would be to wear brown socks with your navy suit. So, the next day, men wearing navy socks with their navy suit would be considered unfashionable.

Trump is an existential threat to the "system". THAT is why both the Republicans and the Democrats are terrified of him. And this time is even worse than last. Last time, Trump was blindsided by how virulent and dangerous the deep state was. Now he knows so job 1 will be to decapitate it. The uni-party is in danger. Trump has no actual party loyalty. He is much more of an independent thinker and he does not believe in doing it "this way" because we've ALWAYS done it "this way" and who the hell do you think you are to do it differently. THAT is the thing you are calling chaos. It is Trump trying to straighten out the wrong thinking of the past. THAT is what makes the man a great President.

He is not without his flaws and we have beaten them to death. I will NEVER get behind his habit of name calling. It makes him sound like a school yard bully. And I would prefer that he temper his tweeting. However, his style is pretty much stream of conscious so you actually know what he is thinking. Most people don't just say what they are thinking so we never know that they are having an internal battle to make a decision. In a sense, Trump either consciously or unconsciously does this as a way of feeling the crowd think.

Trump doesn't seem to have a filter that prevents "that which should not be said out loud" from being said. If you are an honest person, you will understand what I am talking about. You know, those random thoughts that come in to your head but which you manage to stop before they come out of your mouth. I actually prefer an honest President. I like knowing what he is thinking even when I disagree with it. But, I think it gives his enemies too much warning. Some things he should just shut up and do without saying. I am going to do xxxxxx and causkign an explosion of disagreement (chaos). Do it and apologize if necessary.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
This is really just one or two misdemeanor bookkeeping violations conflated into 34 felonies for maximum damage to a presidential candidate.
For additional context, Bragg is illegally focusing the resources of the City of New York, to get Trump. An extreme case of prosecutorial malfeasance, for which he should be disbarred for fabricating a "crime". To quote Beria, once again: "Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."

As Breitbart News chronicled, Bragg has built his reputation as Manhattan district attorney by dropping felony charges, decreasing felony convictions, downgrading felonies to misdemeanors, and failing to request bail for felony suspects.
Yet Bragg, in the case of Trump, turns a questionable misdemeanors into dubious felonies.
Last week, Bragg’s office downgraded felony charges for 53-year-old Rodney Johnson, a career criminal convicted felon who has been arrested close to 90 times in New York City dating back to 1987, according to the New York Post.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Pat, I thought I was saying the same thing...?
No, you are saying that Trump causes chaos but that just falls into the liberal mantra of evil orange man bad. It is NOT Trump who causes the chaos. It is the people who disagree with what Trump says/does. They SAY he is causing chaos because they disagree with his position. But Trump isn't the one causing chaos. The implication is supposed to be that Trump doesn't know what he is doing and so his policies are chaotic. But he does know and his policies are not chaotic. They are very clear. His instincts are spot on. He intuitively knows what is right and he doesn't need a polster to tell him which way to go. He just does what he thinks is right. And people who disagree call it chaos. I don't always agree with his position and sometimes I virantly disagree such as with his signing the continuation of the "Patriot" act. I'm sure he knew that bill is used against citizens (like him personally) rather than foreign nationals but he was probably convinced by his advisors that some small part of the act was necessary for the safety of the country. I don't care, I will NEVER forgive him for signing it.

Chaos is yet another word to go with racist. The word is given a new meaning in the liberal lexicon. A racist is anyone who disagrees with a liberal. It used to be applied only if you disagree with a black person but now they just use it for any dissenting opinion because everything revolves around race and if you disagree with the liberal party line it is because you are a racist. Well "chaos" when applied to Trump is the same thing. Anything Trump does/says that a liberal disagrees with causes "chaos". They really are not very creative with their perjuratives.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The problem with the deep state is its big. They have their own agenda mostly anti American.

Eisenhower, Kennedy and now Trump realize these folks are running the show. Trump talked about the deep state publicly but it had little to no effect. Even if Trump was to get re-elected the deep state is still in charge, they have been since probably the 50s.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
No that is not what I meant. The chaos is perceived by the other parties which I had thought I made clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom