What is a jury of your peers? (1 Viewer)

jpl458

Local time
Today, 10:25
Read ther emoluments clause. All those foreign dignitaries that stayed at his hotels, plus the secret service junkets. in addition it seems like Jared failed in getting Middle East Peace, then walked away with 2 bil for his fund and a $25,000,000 yearly salary.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:25
You must have messed my question Pat. Are you saying Biden is a pervert? I haven't heard hthis before.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:25
Read ther emoluments clause
Article II, Section 1, Clause 7. It says:
and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United states, or any of them.
I don't care what the talking heads say, that clause says the President cannot be paid for any other federal or state job during the term of his Presidency. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that the President must divest himself of his own or his family businesses. Therefore, his business may continue to operate normally and obviously continue to earn income. There was never a problem with any other of the previous Presidents keeping existing businesses. Hoover even owned silver mines in Burma while he was President. That didn't seem to be a violation of the Emoluments clause.

In Article 1, Section 9, Clause 9
accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign state
I don't see anything regarding payment for something purchased from a business such as a room at a hotel or a round of golf. And I'm pretty sure no King, Prince, or foreign state stayed at any of the Trump properties during his term. But just to cover his bases and to appease people who can't actually read, he took the money but gave it away.

If you think this covers purchase of "steaks" or a room or a round of golf, then why doesn't it cover interest or dividends from foreign businesses such as the LLC's owned by the Biden Crime family? Or any foreign stocks owned by members of congress? I have foreign stocks in my portfolio. Would I have to divest myself if I were to become President?

Article I Section 6, Clause 2
and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shal be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office
the Constitution says that Senators and Representatives cannot hold other federal or state jobs during their term but says nothing about working outside of their elected office - which we know they all do since the are obviously not working for us.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Sounds like a typical "talking point" to me. On what basis to you make that statement? Can you provide examples? How did Trump benefit personally from his term as President?

From a different perspective, he looks like an actual concerned citizen who decided to step up and run for office to help his country. You know, like the people our founders envisioned. They would run for office, serve a term or two and then go home and live under the laws they helped to pass unlike the feckless pieces of dog poo that currently inhabit public office. These people actually came for power and to trade that power for big jobs in industry when they decided to retire or actually sold their office like Hillary and Joe to anyone who would funnel money to their children or family charity.

Trump is more like a real patriot than how you see him. Did he use the office to enrich himself as most do (some without shame such as the Bidens and Clintons)? How about the fact that he spent a large part of his own money to finance his original campaign. The rest he got from small donors rather than big money donors who would have expected favors in return. That meant he couldn't be bought. He is such a master of media that he got so much free coverage that his campaign cost significantly less than Hillary's:) He's probably the only President in history who left office poorer than he was when he entered it. Let us not forget that he also donated his entire salary every year to some government agency. And fees paid by foreign nationals to his hotels went to charity or maybe as donations along with his salary directly to the government.
amen

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You must have missed my question Pat. Are you saying Biden is a pervert? I haven't heard this story before.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:25
Pat may have you on IGNORE, Col, but I see your question. Sleepy Joe might or might not be a pervert, but his actions of "kissing babies" (a common political "public thing to do") made some women nervous when he was holding their babies.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Pat may have you on IGNORE, Col, but I see your question. Sleepy Joe might or might not be a pervert, but his actions of "kissing babies" (a common political "public thing to do") made some women nervous when he was holding their babies.

Is that all Pat was referring to? All politicians do that. Yet another overreaction by Pat I think. It's like having a good snog under the mistletoe, it means nothing. Or is that the act of perverts too?
We've had some high profile celebrities being accused of inappropriate behaviour recently. I thought Pat was referring to something serious.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:25
Is that all Pat was referring to? All politicians do that. Yet another overreaction by Pat I think. It's like having a good snog under the mistletoe, it means nothing. Or is that the act of perverts too?
We've had some high profile celebrities being accused of inappropriate behaviour recently. I thought Pat was referring to something serious.
Col

Given the contentious nature of American politics right now, ANY relatively innocent action could easily blow up in some politician's face. However, maybe she was referring to this:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:25
Would you think the same way if Trump was on trial in a red county in Alabama?
Or, put another way, woiuld you think the same way if Hillary was on trial in a red county in Alabama.

Yes, I would...that's the point.

We need to have a jury of your peers, not your opponents

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I wasn't speaking of Biden's perversions or those of other politicians. You should be aware though that Congress has a slush fund paid for with tax dollars that is used to provide hush money when someone sues them personally for sexual assault and things like that. Pretty despicable if you ask me but that wasn't what the comment was about.

I was speaking of the fact that members of Congress are not upholding their oath to the Construction and instead are turning us into a banana republic.
An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law.
They are allowing a certain segment of the population (Republicans) to be persecuted and treated unfairly by the DOJ and the FBI. They are encouraging, some would say threatening businesses to abridge the free speech of American citizens.

And then there's the thing's they've always done.
1. traded on inside information. It is amazing how Nancy Pelosi's (our former Speaker of the House) husband makes amazingly profitable decisions when buying/selling stocks. Same for the Clintons and many others.
2. traded votes for money. Big money donors tell members of Congress how to vote. Congress members don't vote for what is best for their constituents, they vote for what is best for their donors.
3. We have evidence of the Clintons selling favors during Hillary's term as Secretary of State. Obama told them specifically to shut down the Clinton foundation as a condition of her taking the job but he never checked and so the Clinton foundation kept raking in millions from foreign donors while Hil was SoS.
4. We have even more evidence against the Biden crime family because of his drug-addled son leaving his laptop in a repair shop and never retrieving it which made the laptop the property of the shop owner.

Entire books have been written on the crimes against the people committed by members of Congress but they all stick together. As evidence of that, the attempt by the House to impeach Adam Schiff failed because All the Democrats and enough Republicans voted against it. So, it is ethical apparently to go on TV 7 days a week for years and tell the American public that you have hard evidence that Trump was colluding with Russia even when you didn't and you knew you were lying. No evidence was ever uncovered by any of the multiple investigations and the dossier that started the whole thing was bought and paid for by Hillary Clinton to interfere with Trump's campaign. Both she AND her campaign were fined by the ethics committee for what she did but you don't see much reporting on that.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I wasn't speaking of Biden's perversions or those of other politicians.
So from what you said, which was that Biden sniffs the hair of young girls like a pervert. You now say you're not speaking of Biden's perversions. So why say he is like a pervert?
Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Excerpts from his daughter's diary.
So because he sniffs his daughters hair, he's a pervert? Wow, I bet if you had your way, a father shouldn't handle his daughter for fear of being a pervert. You have a very strange culture.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No, because he insisted on showering with her naked when she was old enough to see this as wrong.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If that's true, which I doubt
Maybe it is not true but the diary is hers and she did not deny what was in it and neither did Joe. I know you are trying to be funny but this is child molistation which most people don't find amusing.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I'm not trying to be funny. Have i made a joke? Dont accuse me of something i havent done, you seem to make that a hobby.

If it was true about Biden then it would be well known, like Clinton and the cigar etc. Biden cant stumble whilst walking without it being on British television or in the press. Whereas, you seem to be the only one to mention this alleged story, so one has to treat it as rumours.
It's well known that girls write any fantasy/story in a diary or ledger.
Col

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Here's the back story Col.

And of course ...
O’Keefe has said that Project Veritas ultimately could not confirm that the diary belonged to Ashley Biden. The group did not publish information from it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
So the story is basically not true? I suspected so when Biden was labelled here like a pervert. There's no doubt that any hint of wrongdoing by a high profile person would be worldwide news for weeks.
So let's move on and call that another lie.
Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom