When (time of day) do you like to code? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:52
I do my best coding late at night, I think it's because you need several hours to get the gist of what you are trying to do and then you need some time to sort the code out.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:52
For my hobbyist writing, I always did my best composition after 9 PM, but for coding it was always late morning to early afternoon. Probably different skill sub-set.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:52
I binge code.

When I start something new, learn something new, or get an idea I can go from early morning to late at night for days.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:52
Generally, mid-late afternoon into the evening, probably because of fewer interruptions. Like moke, if I've got my teeth into something new and interesting, all bets are off.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Generally early morning or late evening though in between I may be thinking about how to solve an intractable problem.
I find dog walking provides a good opportunity for such reflection.
I agree completely with the 'binge coding' comment and in the past would quite regularly stay up all night coding and find doing that incredibly productive. However, I seem to have lost the ability to do that nowadays

Dreamweaver

Local time
We're all old farts now isladogs and can't manage the all nighters like we used to 😀

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
LOL.
Actually I was still doing 'all nighters' at least once a week until a year or so ago. In fact I remember jdraw and AB wondering whether I ever slept...
Anyway, I'm still young at heart...as I expect you are too. 😉😀

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Since retiring, I'm done by 10PM. Unexpectedly, I'm also waking up early, around 6AM. I used to do my "best" work late in the evening as there were less distractions. Strangely, now that I have been getting up early (also a quite period), I have not yet been able to put that "free" time to use.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:52
LOL.
Actually I was still doing 'all nighters' at least once a week until a year or so ago. In fact I remember jdraw and AB wondering whether I ever slept...
Anyway, I'm still young at heart...as I expect you are too. 😉😀
Especially with the time difference, it seems like you guys are on all the time.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Especially with the time difference, it seems like you guys are on all the time.
I suffer from my family curse and nearly never sleep past 4 a.m. no matter what time I go to sleep. I often think the same thing since there's nearly always someone from overseas logged on, Then again I often fall asleep with the site open so it may appear I'm on while actually sleeping.

deletedT

Local time
Then again I often fall asleep with the site open so it may appear I'm on while actually sleeping.
At work, I have a triple monitor set up. The right monitor is always running Solidworks, a 3D Cad software which is my main job, the middle monitor is always showing drawings, documents and mails, the left one is specified for this forum. So even if it shows me on line or visiting a page, I may actually be concentration on a design or doing something else.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
For info, you can specify in Privacy Options that you appear to be offline to other members.

deletedT

Local time
Yes I had thought about it before. But I'm not an expert, I'm here to learn. Hence nobody cares if I'm offline or online. So I didn't change it.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think this is a great idea for a thread. I am a bit of a night owl, but in constant battle with myself to try to get up earlier. I think it would be better for me but here I am, 2:30am and still not in bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom