Why The Gun Is Civilization (1 Viewer)

voidcranium

Registered Something.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:44
It's the fact that you enjoy it that's at issue:mad:
Anyone can take pop shots at something that can't fight back!

Just read an article last week where a deer killed a guy.

Another reason for hunting is to keep the animals from overpopulating an area. If they over populate then they run out of food and they starve to death.
With the expansion of cities the normal predators to these animals move further away so they can breed easier, therefore they get overpopulated and starve.

R

Rich

Another reason for hunting is to keep the animals from overpopulating an area. If they over populate then they run out of food and they starve to death.
With the expansion of cities the normal predators to these animals move further away so they can breed easier, therefore they get overpopulated and starve.

There is a marked difference between culling and hunting for pleasure

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
There is a marked difference between culling and hunting for pleasure

I would tend to agree with you, but sometimes the two overlap.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 01:44
If Ken wants to slaughter his god's innocent creatures then thats ok. Shame when they get away with a bullet lodged in them and die a painful elongated death.

But isn't that the fun of it? to cause as much pain to another as possible?

A bit like napalm in Vietnam.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I was just trying to rattle Col's cage...

You can't - I've found Jesus. . . . . . .he was hiding behind our sofa:)

What did Jesus say as he was being nailed to the cross?. . . . . . . .

I can never eat M & M's again.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 20:44
I see my plan worked...;)

(I'm so devious :p)

Last edited:

statsman

Local time

Did the deer use a gun, a bow & arrow or a knife. :D

Whats the old journalism rule: Dog bites man is not news. Man bites dog is news.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Which is why I'm all for shorting the swords given to the toreador and picadores, and sharpening the bull's horns with a steel-pointed cap.

THEN don't give the toreador an easy exit once the bull is in the arena, and don't let the picadores ride horses. Make them ride cows that happen to be in mid-estrus.

Now THERE's a sport for you.

statsman

Local time
Which is why I'm all for shorting the swords given to the toreador and picadores, and sharpening the bull's horns with a steel-pointed cap.

THEN don't give the toreador an easy exit once the bull is in the arena, and don't let the picadores ride horses. Make them ride cows that happen to be in mid-estrus.

Now THERE's a sport for you.

Death, sex and thin guys in tight pants.
I think even the women would subscribe to that channel. :D

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
If Ken wants to slaughter his god's innocent creatures then thats ok. Shame when they get away with a bullet lodged in them and die a painful elongated death.

But isn't that the fun of it? to cause as much pain to another as possible?

A bit like napalm in Vietnam.

Col
No Colin its not. All the hunters I know take a pride in a clean kill and regard it as failure on their part if they only wound the animal. None of them wants the animal to have a slow painful death.

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:44
I got mugged at gun point in Vietnam.. where was the napalm then?

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
I know I Posted this either earlier or in another thread, but read the nov 07 issue of National Geographic, there is a very good article on hunters and how they are doing good by helping to keep the numbers down. the population of Whitetail is skyrocketing, now over 25 million, and they do pose a threat to drivers and others.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I know I Posted this either earlier or in another thread, but read the nov 07 issue of National Geographic, there is a very good article on hunters and how they are doing good by helping to keep the numbers down. the population of Whitetail is skyrocketing, now over 25 million, and they do pose a threat to drivers and others.

Only the narrow minded ignoramuses are against hunting per se, but many of us are against it for sport and Ken's picture depicted it that way, so fair do for Ken he removed it when he realised it might upset some readers.

Of course the subject is more complex than many realise and at times we do have to allow the "sportsman" to pay to have his "fun" inorder for money to be available to pursue enviromental policies.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Odd how killing an animal and dressing it out for food is not allowed to be 'fun' and how anyone that does is somehow deemed morally unfit. :(

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
We may be playing with words but to me there is a difference between finding something 'fun', and getting satisfaction from a job well done.

You have written before about your licensed killing of animals for food, I expect you to get great satisfaction from a clean kill, I don't expect you to thing its fun and pose as the great white hunter.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I got mugged at gun point in Vietnam.. where was the napalm then?

Being used on innocent children and women in out-of-the-way villages, in a USA mass slaughter exercise.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
We may be playing with words but to me there is a difference between finding something 'fun', and getting satisfaction from a job well done.
Brian

Fair enough. Maybe 'fun' is a bit much. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom