Will Joe Biden be the next president? (2 Viewers)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:03
If Biden does debate and the panel isn't stacked with CNN hosts, it will be interesting. However if the softballs are tossed at Biden and the screwballs are tossed at Trump it will be nothing more than CNN production for their candidate. It needs to be neutral, but they is no neutrality in war.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
EDIT - sorry missed Isaac's reply:
I agree that Elizabeth Warren is left wing (by US standards) though certainly not Marxist. I don't believe she is still considered a potential VP candidate.
As for Karen Bass, I think her comments re Scientology are more worrying than anything she's ever said regarding Cuba
Fair enough

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 11:03
If a doctor said it, it got to be true, RIGHT?
download.jpg

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
The scientific evidence definitely proves that this hurricane will pass dead center over Florida The eye will be centered over Dick Sonier’s house, unless it turns east. In that case the eye will be dead center over Pat Hartman’s house, and the possibly it will pick up Moke’s house, before turning west again. Our computer model, however, is predispose to Cajon food which would not leave out the doc_man’s house. There you have it, folks a weather report you can play your day by

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The scientific evidence definitely proves that this hurricane will pass dead center over Florida The eye will be centered over Dick Sonier’s house, unless it turns east. In that case the eye will be dead center over Pat Hartman’s house, and the possibly it will pick up Moke’s house, before turning west again. Our computer model, however, is predispose to Cajon food which would not leave out the doc_man’s house. There you have it, folks a weather report you can play your day by
The model could use some (after-the-fact) revision. You missed us. It passed just to the west of our house overnight. Spent the day cleaning-up the yard.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Exactly! It's one of the major advantages of living in a place like (Arizona as well) ... No tornadoes, no earthquakes (to speak of), no hurricanes, no floods, pretty much no danger except for the other day it was 118/48 F/C. That's to punish us for the 7 consecutive months of flawless weather Nov-May :)

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You deserve the punishment. ;) It's in the 90's here now, but I'll be shoveling snow this winter. :(

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Sunday night a tornado touched down just south of me. Today we had tornado watch all afternoon. Tomorrow morning I'll be cleaning up my large tree which fell in my neighbors yard. We got hit pretty hard for a mountain area. I Was outside and could hear the trees snapping up on the mountain. Pats probably not online at the moment as CT. is showing major power outages statewide. https://outagemap.eversource.com/external/default.html

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Good luck Moke. Are you near Springfield? I've got a lot of family in that area. I'll have to check on them.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:03
As to my house, we are running 10% chance of (pop-up) rain, moderate humidity for the next several days, and less than 20% cloud cover. I believe our friend Isaias somehow got pepper up his nose and turned eastward.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Good luck Moke. Are you near Springfield? I've got a lot of family in that area. I'll have to check on them.
Yup, used to work there. I'm west of Springfield in Berkshire Mountains.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
"Yes, yes," Biden responded. "And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”
One can only hope he start the debates with c'mon man or malarkey all the young revolutionaries (Marxist) know what malarkey means.:unsure:

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
One can only hope he start the debates with c'mon man or malarkey all the young revolutionaries (Marxist) know what malarkey means.

He actually said that?!? If so, I've got a number of black people who'll be surprised to learn how un-diverse their community and attitudes are.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I guess any good politician always tries to say things that leave several doors open for interpretation. Note that he included "unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions" ... "Notable Exceptions" - Well darn, that's a vague but useful addition, which can mean everything and nothing, all at once. Now that's a bunch of malarkey.
BTW, I always thought malarkey just meant like baloney. But sounds so much cooler.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:03
BTW, I always thought malarkey just meant like baloney. But sounds so much cooler.

You are correct on the meaning except that my references don't agree on the origin of the word. It is of unknown etymology.

There is an argument for it to be Greek, from malakia

There is an argument for it to be Irish, from mullachan

But nobody is sure and its origins are not less than 100 years ago - could be more.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:03
I saw some odds today and they think Trump has a 1/3rd chance of getting re-elected. And the latest poll has seen him significantly close the gap to Biden. Funny how these voting preferences move around a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom