You are a Racist, a Bigot and a Sexist. (1 Viewer)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 15:11
AnthonyGerrard

How come you didn't know. You know just about everything else to do with Australia. Sometimes you know before I do. :)

We had the White Australia policy. It finished about 20 to 30 years ago.

I believe there is a little bit of Racism in all of us. Some more than others. The problem is that other races who come to live here are also Racist. So it is not a one way street.

For the record I hate Racist and Foreigners. :rolleyes:

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:11
AnthonyGerrard

How come you didn't know. You know just about everything else to do with Australia. Sometimes you know before I do. :)

We had the White Australia policy. It finished about 20 to 30 years ago.

I believe there is a little bit of Racism in all of us. Some more than others. The problem is that other races who come to live here are also Racist. So it is not a one way street.

For the record I hate Racist and Foreigners. :rolleyes:

So true that racism isn't only by whites. And yes - there will always be a bit of fear of foreigners, people who are differant - its just human nature.

The white Australia policy is over - I believe Aus chooses Pakistani asylum seekers on their cricketing prowess now! Though having seen your team recently, fair dos! ;-)

RainLover

Local time
So true that racism isn't only by whites. And yes - there will always be a bit of fear of foreigners, people who are differant - its just human nature.

The white Australia policy is over - I believe Aus chooses Pakistani asylum seekers on their cricketing prowess now! Though having seen your team recently, fair dos! ;-)

If you are going to have a fight with me that is fine. However bringing up the Aussie 11 is a bit below the belt.

At least we don't get a Knighthood just for winning one series. :rolleyes:

My daughter went to dinner last night at a local Chinese Restaurant. She tells me that the staff were very abusive to them because they made a complaint about a mess up in the food order. This of course was said among the staff in Mandarin. Little did they know that two members of her party spoke their language fluently. It was a real shame. Normally the Chinese are not like that.

We have to put up with this sort a behaviour but if we complain we get branded with Racism. It is like a Gin's left tit. Not right and not fair.

RainLover

Local time
I some times wonder how many people England has killed when they set out to rule the world.

Things like invading India, Hong Kong, Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and North America just to name a few.

Is that Racism.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
If you are going to have a fight with me that is fine. However bringing up the Aussie 11 is a bit below the belt.

At least we don't get a Knighthood just for winning one series. :rolleyes:

My daughter went to dinner last night at a local Chinese Restaurant. She tells me that the staff were very abusive to them because they made a complaint about a mess up in the food order. This of course was said among the staff in Mandarin. Little did they know that two members of her party spoke their language fluently. It was a real shame. Normally the Chinese are not like that.

We have to put up with this sort a behaviour but if we complain we get branded with Racism. It is like a Gin's left tit. Not right and not fair.

I agree Aussie cricket was below the belt ;-)

Its not like white restaurant staff would ever say something when they think its safe to, is it?!

Who do you mean by we , in ,"we have to put up with this " ?

Last edited:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Prejudiced--Probably (everybody is to some extend), Ignorant--Most certainly .......( I did not know that Australia banned non-whites from entering the country) and finally Bigoted--Certainly NOT. I do not hate you or any of your mislead brothers and sisters. I have and still do work beside gays each and everyday but that does not mean we will be riding a bicycle built for two any time soon!

Perhaps thhins don't change in the South. You remind me of the attitudes of people who claim they are not racist because they have nothing against blacks so long as they know their place.

Here we are two human beings very close to the end of our lives as we know it and yet for all our differences it will finally come down to one thing; ' believing in God'..... I certainly do and can almost guarantee you will reach out in the final seconds if for nothing else other than to 'hedge your bets'. A true Agnostic

Perhaps I will as my mind goes and I revert to the rubbish taught to me as a small child but of one thing I am sure. It won't be Abraham's hideous Hebrew monster that I would be looking for.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:11
Perhaps thhins don't change in the South. You remind me of the attitudes of people who claim they are not racist because they have nothing against blacks so long as they know their place.

Perhaps I will as my mind goes and I revert to the rubbish taught to me as a small child but of one thing I am sure. It won't be Abraham's hideous Hebrew monster that I would be looking for.

Here in America the only problem I have with these "Black Americans" as they call themselves is just that. They need to drop the "black" and just be Americans. Their place in life is mostly dictated by economic problems at home. Some start out in poverty and have a hard time "crossing the tracks" so to speak but by keeping the connotation that they are something different than everyone else set them apart. Same goes for the gay community. If you did not go about trying to let everyone know that you are gay and we (non-gay) should kneel before you, you too would have normal life with friends on both sides.

As far as "Abraham's hideous Hebrew monster" is concerned, is a connotation of your minds. For centuries man has made/conjured up monsters out of fear of the unknown. Because I believe, he is no monster to me!

Have a nice day :)

Bladerunner

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Years ago (50) I told my children that it would take another century before racism would run its full course and will be no longer an issue. Fifty years later we still have it but only a small fraction of what was. Mostly the racism is used by politicians and those in power in order to maintain that power. The ordinary person has very little use of racism since they work, fight and in a lot of cases sleep together. Only until our generation and the next generation (x) have gone will there be any real progress in obliterating racism.

A good start; A son of a good friend hated the "blacks" (he call them another name) with a passion. For 25 years he was taught by his grandfathers and some parts his father about how low, unintelligent these people were. I know I grew up with it as well. However, because my father had to deal with them every day, he grew to respect them and passed that along to me..... (back to the story).... This son's daughter married a black and had two beautiful children. Boy Howdy: The power of an innocent child is bewildering. Alas, he changed his 'tune' and now walks proudly in the stores with them on his hip. I guess you could say it is a modern day confirmation of the1967 movie "Guess Who's coming to Dinner" with Spencer Tracy, Sidney Poitier and Katharine Hepburn .

My friend, we will not see it, but it will get there, that is if the earth or her nations last that long!

have a nice day :)

Bladerunner

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As far as "Abraham's hideous Hebrew monster" is concerned, is a connotation of your minds. For centuries man has made/conjured up monsters out of fear of the unknown.
Not at all. I have read all about Him in the Bible. The acts committed by God clearly show Him to be a complete psychopath who would be found guilty of crimes against humanity today.

He is a dedicated misogynist who punishes the innocent, especially children and loves nothing better than the smell of burning flesh.

He demands worship from all and any who fail to do so are sentenced to eternal punishment.

Because I believe, he is no monster to me!
Like the vast majority of Christians you completely ignore what you don't want to see but this detailed description of God is in the book which you tell us is the guide for all humanity.

I expect like many Christians you have never even read the whole Bible.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Not at all. I have read all about Him in the Bible. The acts committed by God clearly show Him to be a complete psychopath who would be found guilty of crimes against humanity today.

He is a dedicated misogynist who punishes the innocent, especially children and loves nothing better than the smell of burning flesh.

He demands worship from all and any who fail to do so are sentenced to eternal punishment.

Like the vast majority of Christians you completely ignore what you don't want to see but this detailed description of God is in the book which you tell us is the guide for all humanity.

I expect like many Christians you have never even read the whole Bible.

You said: "He is a dedicated misogynist" (good word--I had not seen it before). Yes, his hated of women and innocent was so much that he sent his only son (born to a virgin woman who is now revered by a large majority of the world) to die for our sins. Unlike all the other profits including Muhammad, he was born of man.

I will not quote scripture with you (do not think this is the place for it) but will tell you this. To read the whole bible is not enough. One must study it because in most cases, each chapter has some effect on another. To get the whole picture not the inverted one you have, I'd suggest you take some courses of bible study and really try for once to see the alternative side to Hell.

Have a nice day :)

Bladerunner

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You said: "He is a dedicated misogynist" (good word--I had not seen it before). Yes, his hated of women and innocent was so much that he sent his only son (born to a virgin woman who is now revered by a large majority of the world) to die for our sins. Unlike all the other profits including Muhammad, he was born of man.

Firstly it was God who decided that anyone had to die for wrongdoing. God set the rules of the universe and as such could have forgiven without requiring anyone to die. Your God is simply obsessed by death and punishment. It was a bit of a Clayton's death anyway since he came alive again soon after.

Moreover the weight of evidence suggests that Jesus was nothing more than a fictional character anyway. There is nothing mentioned about him in any literatue of the time despite the extradinary claims made about his achievements.

So the profit [sic] Muhammed was born of a God? Perhaps you could read up on the delusional hyper-religious hallucinations that accompany epileptic seizures of the temporal lobes of the brain. Then you would realise that all these so called prophets were nothing special. The sincere simply had epilepsy while others faked it.

It is quite evident in the writing they inspired that they were simply expressing their own twisted values.

To read the whole bible is not enough. One must study it because in most cases, each chapter has some effect on another. To get the whole picture not the inverted one you have, I'd suggest you take some courses of bible study and really try for once to see the alternative side to Hell.

This tiresome argument has been debunked again and again. What you are admitting is that the book itself makes no sense and what you and others actually believe is the interpetation of it by men who want to see it for other than what is actually written in it.

It is your position that is inverted from the facts but do take this opportunity to show us how you see it. Quoting scripture is quite fine by me.

Perhaps you could start by explaining the profound message in Joshua where he and his followers massacre more than thirty tribes in their "Promised Land" at the instruction of their God. In what context is genocide someting that should inspire us?

The similaritiy to the pathetic reasoning made by countless psychopaths since is inescapable. Many a land has been conquered in the name of one god or another. Modern society sees it as an abominable crime but for some bizarre reason others see it as inspirational.

Although I deplore it I can understand the position of the psychopath but I find it bewildering that a modern intelligent person cannot see it for what it is.

The Bible chronicles primitive human greed and violence and upholds it as evidence of divine guidance. Only a fool blinded to the brutal reality of this hideous book could imagine that it has anything of worth to offer humanity.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Firstly it was God who decided that anyone had to die for wrongdoing. God set the rules of the universe and as such could have forgiven without requiring anyone to die. Your God is simply obsessed by death and punishment. It was a bit of a Clayton's death anyway since he came alive again soon after.

Moreover the weight of evidence suggests that Jesus was nothing more than a fictional character anyway. There is nothing mentioned about him in any literatue of the time despite the extradinary claims made about his achievements.

So the profit [sic] Muhammed was born of a God? Perhaps you could read up on the delusional hyper-religious hallucinations that accompany epileptic seizures of the temporal lobes of the brain. Then you would realise that all these so called prophets were nothing special. The sincere simply had epilepsy while others faked it.

It is quite evident in the writing they inspired that they were simply expressing their own twisted values.

This tiresome argument has been debunked again and again. What you are admitting is that the book itself makes no sense and what you and others actually believe is the interpetation of it by men who want to see it for other than what is actually written in it.

It is your position that is inverted from the facts but do take this opportunity to show us how you see it. Quoting scripture is quite fine by me.

Perhaps you could start by explaining the profound message in Joshua where he and his followers massacre more than thirty tribes in their "Promised Land" at the instruction of their God. In what context is genocide someting that should inspire us?

The similaritiy to the pathetic reasoning made by countless psychopaths since is inescapable. Many a land has been conquered in the name of one god or another. Modern society sees it as an abominable crime but for some bizarre reason others see it as inspirational.

Although I deplore it I can understand the position of the psychopath but I find it bewildering that a modern intelligent person cannot see it for what it is.

The Bible chronicles primitive human greed and violence and upholds it as evidence of divine guidance. Only a fool blinded to the brutal reality of this hideous book could imagine that it has anything of worth to offer humanity.
Prophets instead of Profits....did not catch that before I posted!

You said:"Although I deplore it I can understand the position of the psychopath but I find it bewildering that a modern intelligent person cannot see it for what it is."

Guess I am not as modern as you are. Nevertheless, my life is fulfilled, content and loved. It seems to me you are battling yourself and have lot of hatred for something you keep giving reasons not to believe in or love.

My apology to the others of this thread for moving it from its intended purpose (racism, bigotry and sexism) to religion.

Have a good day :)

Bladerunner

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Prophets instead of Profits....did not catch that before I posted!
Nevertheless, my life is fulfilled, content and loved. It seems to me you are battling yourself and have lot of hatred for something you keep giving reasons not to believe in or love.

Bladerunner

I feel a little sorry for him.

I dont go to church anymore - but yes it teachings seemed a lot more human , normal, self aware and forgiving than Galaxioms.

He'll carry on with his crusade though, hes a fundamentalist and has done it for a long time, on here over many threads.

Its a lesson in bigotry in its own right.

RainLover

Local time
Bladerunner

Keep going. It is close enough to the subject.

Besides I do enjoy Galaxiom's posts. For someone who hates religion he certainly puts up a good argument. He certainly knows a lot because I don't believe you could easily Google his quotations.

At a guess he was brought up in a strict religious household where he saw a lot of families damaged by religion. Or something worse.

Apologies Galaxiom if I offended you. I will remove this post if you want me to.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Bladerunner

Keep going. It is close enough to the subject.

Besides I do enjoy Galaxiom's posts. For someone who hates religion he certainly puts up a good argument. He certainly knows a lot because I don't believe you could easily Google his quotations.

At a guess he was brought up in a strict religious household where he saw a lot of families damaged by religion. Or something worse.

Apologies Galaxiom if I offended you. I will remove this post if you want me to.

Edit: I will keep that thought to myself.

Galaxiom your experience with the church and mine seem to have delivered very differant outcomes, could you tell us what your history with the church is?

Mine - went as a kid. It mostly, if not completely taught good stuff, the bible was never taken literally, I grew up and stopped going. No dramas.

Last edited:

RainLover

Local time
Anthony,

I wanted to avoid saying that. It is a bit too personal and we are not here disrespect our fellow members privacy. Besides it in only conjecture.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I went to Sunday School as a young child but the stories of walls falling down by marching around playing trumpets, a flood that covered the whole world, dead coming back to life etc just didn't match my rational comprehension of reality.

I was always encouraged by my parents to investigate things and make up my own mind. My father often said, "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see".

Dad had experienced the hypocrisy of religion and reckoned that many church goers only attended to ask forgiveness for what they had done and then went back to do it all again for the next week.

Mum had even been a lay Sunday School teacher in her late teens. Some incident with a priest about which she would never elaborate left an impression on her. None the less we were still sent to Sunday School but one day when I decided I didn't want to go any more she had no problem and that was it.

In Australia churches are afforded one class a week in state schools and this just served to make me think about it more. By high school I was was actively questioning the religious instruction teachers and they couldn't give answers.

Indeed the last RI teacher I had left after some particular penetrating questions and never returned. She apparently didn't bother to notify the school as our Presbyterian group was unsupervised for several weeks until one day when the Principal happened to walk by and noticed.

I have a reasonably good knowledge of the Bible have had lengthy discussions with religious doorknockers. One couple left saying that they would have to think about their beliefs because I had raised issues about morality they had never considered.

It was reading the Bible that encouraged my active stance against religion because I could see that its message was far from benign. I still have no had anyone serious take on the question of how the Hebrew genocide of the people already living in the "Promised Land" could be considered philosophically enlightening.

The only answer ever ventured is that they had to die because they were so wicked.

However most of the religious are like BladeRunner and avoid engaging in debate preferring to settle back to comfortable ground where they can pity my position.

I assure there is no reason to pity me. I am very happy contributing to the world as best I can and that includes chipping away at the foundations of religion, especially the primitive Abrahamic death cults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom