Gun laws do they work (1 Viewer)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:47
A quote from the Charleston gunman ..

the gunman told the victims: "I have to do it... You ra** our women and you're taking over our country, and you have to go."

Sounds familiar!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
This thread is like trying to open a locked door by leaning on it. It will never end.

Yanks will never concede that guns are bad because they love killing living things, it is part of being a yank, they are taught to kill at a very early age.
They love war as it means they can kill people for free. It will never change so they may as well live with it and go on as they are.

Yanks, (it would appear to outsiders) would kill their next door neighbour over a minor issue then go back into the house to say grace and worship their other god. Safe in the knowledge their misdemeanour is absolved.
Plus, if the person killed is black then just claim self defence and you get off like the police do. That of course is assuming a white yank would live next to a black family, not something I get the impression would happen in reality.

I remember I asked Dick if he takes guns into church, I never got a reply. I presume because its like taking a statue of Buddha into church, a clash of religions, it would be hard to know what to worship first, god or the gun.

Col

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 16:47
Good thing we killed some red coats!!!!!!!!!

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:47

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Lots of time especially when I am traveling, I read some post on the fly, Now that I am home I just revisited this post. It made me laugh as it is such a good example of how minds of a different stripe think. In my mind it would be perfictly normal to sit down and have a coke and popcorn with friends after a good round of firing, just as I would after a good round of bowling. In (guns nuts) mind is seems strange to us that you would not want us (gun nuts) to be good shots when we blow away the jerks that is trying to ra** your daughter. In our minds (gun nuts) it is difficult to consider not going to any place because the thugs after taken it over. One of the reason for that is that let one area because infested with thugs it spreads until there is nowhere else to go. In our nind (gun nuts) we see no difference of going into a shooting range and having a good time out shooting our friends than Brits going into a pub and throwing darts. yes I understand the ramification of use a firearm outside the range are much greater than darts outside the pub, but there are many people that like to compete in a range that won't pack heat outside the range. Now if anybody can find a way to take the guns away from all the thugs you would get my attention. Most of our gun laws in the US takes some guns away from some law abiding people and puts more guns in the hands of thugs,, thus more crime.
Good point D7A.
Let me ask out there about the 49-51 murders in Baltimore in one month by WHO? Thugs not law abiding citizens. Now this increase in violence was in response to the Local Police understandable 'slowdown'. Imagine what would happen if guns were banned for the ordinary citizen. At least with the ordinary gun toting citizen armed the THugs keep murders mostly in amongst themselves which in my limited conservative, Christian mind is a good thing.

I might add, there is more of this to come especially since the murders of the 9 innocents which was done by a mentally ill person with a pistol not an AR-15 or a Kalashnikov.(AK-47) or in liberal terms an assault rifle. I heard he reloaded 5 times.

The Factor (Bill O'rielly) is going to have a the facts and figures about gun control, murders, etc. tomorrow night. You can get it on line as well after 9PM EST. (Fox News, The Factor) Guess I stepped on some toes here too!

Blade

Last edited:

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
At the very least get an Independent study, not a Liberal one...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian

Blade
you do know the guardian just did a story on a study published by a us medical journal? Maybe you consider the doctors group that did the study as liberal. So what? It's not an opinion piece it's a study. Perhaps you should open your mind and see why they supports their view. Whatever side of politics you consider them. Put your pathetic political polemics aside for once.if you find a problem with the study fair enough. Can you do that?

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
you do know the guardian just did a story on a study published by a us medical journal? Maybe you consider the doctors group that did the study as liberal. So what? It's not an opinion piece it's a study. Perhaps you should open your mind and see why they supports their view. Whatever side of politics you consider them. Put your pathetic political polemics aside for once.if you find a problem with the study fair enough. Can you do that?

Can I Do That??????Boy Howdy, can I but you are not going to like it... A coming attraction.

Blade

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
If I quoted a research by Rush L. would you give it a glance?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I don't know who that is.

I will give it a glance to see if it's got merit.

I have to try and remember that this is a world forum. not everybody will know names are big in another country.
Here in the US the left think of Rush as their Arch Enemy.
I don't have any research that Rush has done on Guns. I was trying to make a point. I think that both sides of any issue have a tendency to lean to the report as to what they want to hear.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Put your pathetic political polemics aside for once. . . . . . . . . . . . Can you do that?

I like that.

It seems that the Americans on this site are so closed minded that if a political figure is liberal or whatever is the opposite, or drives the wrong car or doesn't do this or that then the views of the chap are immediately discounted.

I don't think I have ever known such a narrow minded lot as the yanks here.

Col

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 21:47
The day after, i Charleston:

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
The day after, i Charleston:

was this on facebook or something?????? would not think the paper did it.... would places bets that it was a liberal activist(s) who really like to start a race war or something........Oh, well has been a long day....ya'all .have a nice evening and in the case of the UK,, have a nice day..............

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
A new low yesterday, one that almost went without comment here.

What a marvellous freedom the US has!

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I find it hard to understand why so many US citizens feel the need to prevent any sort of gun control.

To me it seems just plain daft to allow people to obtain fire arms without any sort check on their mental stability. I am aware that the regulations vary from state to state but it just seems to an outsider that there are just too many guns among the US population.

It seems obvious that the first amendment was passed in order that citizens had the means to defend the US in the event of an invasion but times have changed in the last two hundred years and this amendment is no longer fulfilling its original purpose.

How many more innocent people must die or be wounded before the US sees sense in this matter

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
It has been in force too long now and too entrenched in their culture to affect any change now, even if gun laws are bought into place, the guns will simply go underground.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
1) It's the Second Amendment, actually. The First guarantees freedom of speech, religion, assembly, and the Press.
2) It's even more simple than what Scott pointed out. Let me just ask you this: Just how much money do you think gun, ammunition, and gun accessory manufacturers make every year? Remember, in US politics, it's the money that makes the decisions.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I find it hard to understand why so many US citizens feel the need to prevent any sort of gun control.

To me it seems just plain daft to allow people to obtain fire arms without any sort check on their mental stability. I am aware that the regulations vary from state to state but it just seems to an outsider that there are just too many guns among the US population.

It seems obvious that the first amendment was passed in order that citizens had the means to defend the US in the event of an invasion but times have changed in the last two hundred years and this amendment is no longer fulfilling its original purpose.

How many more innocent people must die or be wounded before the US sees sense in this matter

You are only partly correct. It was also to protect citizens against the US tyranny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom