Coronavirus - Good News (3 Viewers)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 07:55
It's surprising to see people respecting it so much especially when you have idiots burning cell towers.

Some other good news, the air quality has improved significantly where I live because less people are traveling. We've never seen numbers that we're seeing now since we've been recording them.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:55
Just to prove that even in these dark times our friendly marketing execs at Sky TV are still earning a shilling (buck).

1588097454635.png

I think that is brilliant.

deletedT

Local time
Am I seeing it correct? Average download speed 11MB? why so slow? Is it possible to stream movies at this speed?

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
My upload is faster than that at 17mbps. Download at 120mbps and I still get an occasional buffer and there's only me and one other house on the node.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Those prices look a little odd. Why not get the internet 1000?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:55
Those prices look a little odd. Why not get the internet 1000?
Lol, they have different packages that effect the pricing > like U-verse 100-400. I used to have the 400, but now I have the 300. So its not $49.99

Closer to $200

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
An on the ball article on the future of the Corona virus outbreak.

The article only gives us three possible outcomes. How bout this, they have no cure for viruses or the common cold. It's a crap shoot open up already.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Am I seeing it correct? Average download speed 11MB? why so slow? Is it possible to stream movies at this speed?
It's the most basic ADSL package - streaming would just about work, but you'd have to be the only one doing anything on the connection.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
My Sister sent me this Video, it's brilliant!

Why we didn't lock down sooner - explained

I used to like Piers Morgan but I've gone off him lately, he's turned into a right Pratt...

I heard a good word recently that sums him up nicely:- "Cockwomble" (noun) A person, usually male, prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behaviour while generally having a very high opinion of their own wisdom and importance. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cockwomble

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
When I first saw Piers Morgan on the telly, I didn't like him. Thought he was arrogant. Then I grew to like him. But like you Uncle, I think he has gone a bit over the top lately. He has lost his friendship with Trump, perhaps, after Trump stopped following him, after criticism in The Daily Mail.

Piers used to live about 10 miles from where I live, in a really quaint village called Fletching. He lived in a pub called The Griffin Inn, which his parents owned. I saw him in there a couple of years ago, sitting out back in the garden area with about 10 other people. They do really nice food there. It is very posh too. Got pictures of Prince Charles on the wall, who has been there too!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Why not include the Piers Morgan information also? I'm not a huge Piers fan, I just hate him a less than I used too.

Foster2019

Local time

Heads up, the video contains bad language.
I feel like we should all adopt this as a temporary national anthem.
I'm doing my part for the UK. Are you? ;-)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:55
Don't know if that is a true breakthrough, but if you have something that targets the SARS version of the corona virus, it makes sense that it might have something in common with the COVID-19 virus.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I thought I'd report that in England only, we are allowed out to parks and to take unlimited exercise (instead of once a day). Garden centres can reopen and people can buy plants etc.
All subject to social distancing of course.
Plus, the numbers dying from it and those in hospital with it are gradually falling - slowly, but not going up out of control.
Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
That's great news! Glad to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom