I'm amazed! (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:19
Members can ignore sensitive threads by clicking on the toggles and you can ignore any member, HTH.

1637610682960.png

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
Today, 19:19
Must apologise, ignorance is no excuse; I clicked new posts and didn't realise this Water-cooled place is dedicated for off topic conversation. I will go stand in the corner and give my self a good telling off. 😌. Still puzzled alittle why you would have such a place in a forum though or how the forum would benefit from it but each to their own...👍

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:19
I will go stand in the corner and give my self a good telling off.
And rob us of that? Perish the thought!

Glad you have a sense of humor and can take a "punch"...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Must apologise, ignorance is no excuse; I clicked new posts and didn't realise this Water-cooled place is dedicated for off topic conversation. I will go stand in the corner and give my self a good telling off. 😌. Still puzzled alittle why you would have such a place in a forum though or how the forum would benefit from it but each to their own...👍
Lots of us like to discuss politics, and many other topics on here. It is commonplace for most old school forums. If you scroll through the list of sections, you will see there are many non-Access forum sections.

Edit: This forum is customisable so you just see what forum sections you want to see.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Still puzzled alittle why you would have such a place in a forum

We all need a break from work, from programming from time to time. There's nothing better than to bitch about the World with like minded people!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
People need to learn how to openly discuss religion and politics without it being such a "big deal", so taboo....as if it must be secreted off to sealed box and nobody must ever act out the rather obvious reality that it's part of life.

Jon is unique for allowing it, but I like that.

Just re-calibrate the expectation:
The website doesn't promise not to be about anything else.

The ability to talk civilly about these things without sealing them off into a place and 'must never discuss anywhere else' or at least something like that, is something I really like about British.

Perhaps that's exactly why I like AWF
I'm a human being who cares about technical solutions, religion & politics.
There! I said it out loud and the sky hasn't fallen on us yet 😀

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
This is a unique space for every opinion that's why "certain" people hate it, their first impulse is to shut it down or cancel it. This is not a true echo chamber, anyone can sound off about anything within reason. We should support free speech, it is a precious commodity on the web.

'Every Opinion Has A Millennial Offended' - Kid Rock

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:19
I am sorry if anything I said about Islam offended anyone. If you don't believe me, do your own research. If I hadn't taken that project with the government of Kuwait, I would probably have never read any of the Koran and certainly not Shariah law so I too would believe the party line that Islam is a beautiful, gentle religion. But, the project required it and reading Shariah law certainly opened my eyes about Islam and how horrible it is to women. Being a woman, I took it personally since I hadn't been indoctrinated from birth to accept that my place in life was to be owned and used by the men around me. Sadly, it is actually the women, rather than the men who practice the barbarbaric tradition of eliminating a woman's ability to have satisfying sexual relations. They do it to keep the women from being interested in relations with other men.

Shariah law is alive and well all over the US. The courts are not recognized by our state or federal governments but they still rule the local community.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There was a well known case in the African continent - I forget which country - where a woman was gang raped by 6 men. She was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery. I can't remember the final outcome of it all, but it doesn't age well.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 14:19
The link is broken John.

And a girl being stoned to death is pretty harsh punishment for something that's not her fault I hope

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:19
Just as a reminder to all (and perhaps new information for @Jason Lee Hayes) - Jon allows multiple viewpoints in the Watercooler and asks us to just limit moderator-initiated bans to short term outages - a day or two up to a week. His official policy has been stated to be permissive for the most part. Jon even allowed a Hare Krisna to post - until the guy became abusive including sexually or scatologically explicit suggestions of what to do and when and to whom it was to be done. That was one of the few cases where Jon allowed an immediate ban and removal of the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom