OBAMA WINS (at last) (1 Viewer)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:37
You have your opinion and I have mine. I don't have time to educate you.
You are the one who called him a liar. If you are too pressed for time or too lazy to back up your statement, then I can only assume that your claim is baseless.

Many conservatives and liberals think Obama's a bald faced liar.
Many people think the holocaust didn't happen either, that doesn't make it true.

One of my most liberal friends is gonna vote for McCain because of it.
Sounds like he needs some "education" on McCain's lies.

R

Rich

Many conservatives and liberals think Obama's a bald faced liar. .

Just like Bush you mean. how odd that you pour scorn and ridicule on those knew that for a fact right from his first election campaign.:rolleyes:

Local time
Today, 03:37
Just like Bush you mean. how odd that you pour scorn and ridicule on those knew that for a fact right from his first election campaign.:rolleyes:

Not that I care that much, other than this is a thread about Obama, but which Bush lie are you referring to?

Bush said in 2001 that we were going to track down those responsible wherever they may be and it would take a long time. AFAIK, we're still tracking them down and it has taken a long time. Since that's the only meaningful thing he's ever said, I'd say he has a pretty good track record, not that it matters much.

If you're talking about the WMD fiasco, if you research, you'll find that Bush and his predecessor had every reason to believe it was true. Please read Bill Clinton's references to WMD. Maybe Bush thought it 'cause Clinton told him?

I never really said that nobody else was a liar though, just said that Obama is a liar. I liked him, now I don't.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 09:37
As are Downing St., Westminster and Whitehall.
Perhaps they are just better at hiding it in the UK.

Reference please. I'm unsure what you are specifically referring to.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Wasn't Obama quite happy to go to this church thing with this Jerry bloke for 20 years?

Why bail out now? He was quite happy to go along with things for all that time.

Col

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:37

Many conservatives and liberals think Obama's a bald faced liar. One of my most liberal friends is gonna vote for McCain because of it.

Somehow I wish that you did have time so that people who liked Senator O'Bama and voted for him (like me) can learn what you have learned. I know that truth without too much overt sentiment or anti-sentiment can be a very useful tool in making up my mind at least

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Somehow I wish that you did have time so that people who liked Senator O'Bama and voted for him (like me)

So you've already voted?:confused:

Are you not voting later in the year? Can you post a vote this early?

Col

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
So you've already voted?:confused:

Are you not voting later in the year? Can you post a vote this early?

Col

Sorry Colin,

I was referring to the Primary Election Cycle, where I was an ABC Voter and Decided that he was the best available option. In the upcoming general election, I was considering him as well.

I have always been a political pragmatist and not a partisan. I am a registered Democrat who votes for Democrats, Republicans and Independents based on who is the best candidate for me. I have also never voted for a Democrat for President, (7 Times for a Republican and Once for an Independent). This year would make the first time unless I determine that there are reasons not to do so. That is why I said what I did before.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:37
Wasn't Obama quite happy to go to this church thing with this Jerry bloke for 20 years?

Col
He bailed now because he was forced to - every word that was uttered in that church became the basis for new attacks against him. I just don't understand, with everything that is going on the world - ongoing conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, the prospect of war with Iran, the failure of the American health care and education systems, the falling dollar, the weakening economy, the rising cost of gas, etc etc etc - how on earth anyone has time to worry about what some preacher said when Obama wasn't even there to hear it.

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Anyone notice how the Sponsor Links after the latest reply keep changing from Pro-Obama to Anti-Obama. Some of it is pretty radical stuff, but it does provide an opportunity for those who are curious to find out why the "other side" thinks the way that they do.

statsman

Local time
I did - and it backs up the Fahrenheit 9/11 film by Michael Moore. The White House and Senate and Pentagon are riddled with corruption.

Col

The reference was to the above quote and your statements of corruption based on a ratings based, money motivated TV programme.

My response is that there is probably an equal amount of corruption in the government of the UK, but that the British are better at covering it up, therefore no expose. After all, the British Civil Service has had more experience at this sort of thing.

Perhaps British television should focus more on national stories rather than going all the way across the Atlantic to produce "feel good" programming that shows how much better off people are in the UK that in the US.

How much effect does such a story have on the day to day life of the average Brit?
Isn't there still an 8 year waiting period for Brits who want to immigrate to the US? That's how long the line is.

Last edited:

statsman

Local time

Col

The entire reference to Rev. Wright in Obama's campaign is specious.
Col, if you were a church goer and standing for Parliament and your Pastor was arrested for molesting a collie, should that have an effect on your campaign and on whether or not people would vote for you?
Church attendance is much higher in the US than in Britain. As a result, religion is much more of a factor when selecting a candidate to vote for. This is the reason why Obama took his time in distancing himself from the Rev. Wright (probably hoping he would keep his stupid mouth shut).

Last edited:
Local time
Today, 03:37
The entire reference to Rev. Wright in Obama's campaign is specious.
Col, if you were a church goer and standing for Parliament and your Pastor was arrested for molesting a collie, should that have an effect on your campaign and on whether or not people would vote for you?
Church attendance is much higher in the US than in Britain. As a result, religion is much more of a factor when selecting a candidate to vote for. This is the reason why Obama took his time in distancing himself from the Rev. Wright (probably hoping he would keep his stupid mouth shut).

I think a lot of people were a bit miffed, not because JW made the comments (or figuratively shot a collie) but that Obama said that he didn't say anything divisive in the 20 years he knew him and that he was his mentor. And that the pattern of hate of America that JW shows was also visible, to a much lesser extent, though still visible, in his protege. I don't blame Obama for his pastor's stupidity. I count it against him for lying about it and wonder if he hates the country that he wants to lead as much as those around him say they do.

We didn't even talk about Bill Clinton's or George W. Bush's pastors when they were running for president and I don't think most people even knew or cared about them, if they even had them. If those people had interjected themselves into the fray, I'm sure people would have asked, rightly, how their pastors had influenced them.

But I imagine that if Bill Clinton's pastor had killed a collie, he wouldn't say that he learned so much about how to treat dogs from his pastor and that the pastor never so much as mentioned killing dogs when all along, the pastor had been saying from the pulpit that dogs were the evil of the world and that he was just hoping one day a dog would run out in front of his car. Nor, upon further scrutiny of Clinton's dog hating ways would he have worn an "I hate dogs" lapel pin. Clinton was just too smart for that.

Hiring a president is a really big commitment. Many of us want to know just who we're getting into bed with. Especially after the last 3 prezs and 20 years.

R

Rich

I think a lot of people were a bit miffed, not because JW made the comments (or figuratively shot a collie) but that Obama said that he didn't say anything divisive in the 20 years he knew him and that he was his mentor. And that the pattern of hate of America that JW shows was also visible, to a much lesser extent, though still visible, in his protege. I don't blame Obama for his pastor's stupidity. I count it against him for lying about it and wonder if he hates the country that he wants to lead as much as those around him say they do.

We didn't even talk about Bill Clinton's or George W. Bush's pastors when they were running for president and I don't think most people even knew or cared about them, if they even had them. If those people had interjected themselves into the fray, I'm sure people would have asked, rightly, how their pastors had influenced them.

But I imagine that if Bill Clinton's pastor had killed a collie, he wouldn't say that he learned so much about how to treat dogs from his pastor and that the pastor never so much as mentioned killing dogs when all along, the pastor had been saying from the pulpit that dogs were the evil of the world and that he was just hoping one day a dog would run out in front of his car. Nor, upon further scrutiny of Clinton's dog hating ways would he have worn an "I hate dogs" lapel pin. Clinton was just too smart for that.

Hiring a president is a really big commitment. Many of us want to know just who we're getting into bed with. Especially after the last 3 prezs and 20 years.

Who's a running, Obama , or some stupid pastor that America's full of?

R

Rich

AFAIK, we're still tracking them down and it has taken a long time.
And you're still killing countless thousand innocent victims in the process of showing the world just how great AMERICA is!

statsman

Local time
And you're still killing countless thousand innocent victims in the process of showing the world just how great AMERICA is!

Doesn't the "Devil" Bush have some British "imps" doing the same thing in Iraq?

(Posted on a Sunday, hence the biblical references).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom