In case anyone thought racism in America was dead . . . (2 Viewers)

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:04
Sounds like it. However, the Democratic party had some similar notions when I was a child. Most of the deep south were "conservative democrats" aka "yellow dog democrats". That means they hated anyone who wasn't white.

Until about 1969 Australia had the White Australia Policy.

Your Democrats are very similar to our Labor Party both as to the past and the present. One of the things that causes these parties difficulties over the longer term is that one group of supporters are the left wing PC group and on the other side are the blue collar rednecks.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:04
Do you know that you are not allowed to enter a bank without removing a motor bike crash helmet (face hidden) but a Muslim can enter with just the eyes showing.
It's the same here, but how many people are affected by this ruling?

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I believe "shriveled" has also been used. The same people think that about you too, Rich. You're just in favor while you agree with them.
You don't know my age, now try and think of an original and genuine fact to back up your politics:rolleyes:

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
It's the same here, but how many people are affected by this ruling?

The main ones would be couriers on motor bikes.

But that is not the point. They are allowed to break the rule about walking into a bank with the face covered because of their religion. If it was not for our immigration program being changed to one of multi culturism this would not arise.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
The main ones would be couriers on motor bikes.

But that is not the point. They are allowed to break the rule about walking into a bank with the face covered because of their religion. If it was not for our immigration program being changed to one of multi culturism this would not arise.
I bet you and George would like to return to the days before women had the vote eh

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
I bet you and George would like to return to the days before women had the vote eh

I act as if those days were still here:D That is why I like Lebo women and am involved with one although a Christain one. They know where they stand and do what they are told.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Mike seems to be living proof that racism is alive and well and flourishing in Australia :D

BTW are Lebo women women from Lebanon??:confused: if so I think the correct work is Lebanese.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:04
Does Alsia really believe that the world owes her a living because she works 40 hours a week?

Um, I believe the saying is something like, "working for a living"? Isn't making a living the whole POINT of working? If I can't make a living by working, then what is the point of working? :confused:

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Alisa,

A couple of points if I may.

Firstly, this is the political forum.

Secondly, it is attitudes such as yours that has made the situation in Australia far worse than might have been the case. Do you think that "not saying it" makes it go away? In fact just the opposite happens.

Thirdly, all this PC bullshit comes from the left. We currently have the left wanting the removal of The Lord's Prayer at the start of each parliamentary session on the basis of "it is not inclusive".

Mike,
Gassing people is not politics, it is genocide. If you think everyone like me ought to be slaughtered, just because I am different than you, then we have nothing to discuss.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
I admire your unfailing instinct for being politically correct. :eek::rolleyes:

In Australia Lebs and Lebos is widely accepted as being "OK". Although people from Iraq, Syria etc might object. There are some other terms that are used for all Arabs which are also used in America and perhaps even England. However, being politically correct:D and not wanting to offend Alisa I won't mention the terms which of course will mean they will no longer be used:D

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Mike,
Gassing people is not politics, it is genocide. If you think everyone like me ought to be slaughtered, just because I am different than you, then we have nothing to discuss.

That is where you are wrong. Just like the invasion of Iraq and WWII it is an outcome of politics.

Um, I believe the saying is something like, "working for a living"? Isn't making a living the whole POINT of working? If I can't make a living by working, then what is the point of working? :confused:

So you think someone who starts a business and works 60 hours a week should "get a living" no matter what?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
So you think someone who starts a business and works 60 hours a week should "get a living" no matter what?

Are you deliberately misquoting Alisa? At no time did she say "get a living".
She is saying that that guy is working for a living and if it does not provide it he will stop, and presumeably try something else.

The reason most if not all people get out of bed and go to work is to make a living, to provide for themselves and their loved ones, sure a few do it for other reasons as well but if they cannot make a living at what they are doing then they will stop.

Brian

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Are you deliberately misquoting Alisa? At no time did she say "get a living".
She is saying that that guy is working for a living and if it does not provide it he will stop, and presumeably try something else.

The reason most if not all people get out of bed and go to work is to make a living, to provide for themselves and their loved ones, sure a few do it for other reasons as well but if they cannot make a living at what they are doing then they will stop.

Brian

According to Mike, I don't deserve to live, so it is no surprise that he doesn't think that working qualifies me to make a living.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
According to Mike, I don't deserve to live, so it is no surprise that he doesn't think that working qualifies me to make a living.

Simply working does not qualify someone to make a living...unless of course Obama wins office...

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Mike. why would you work if you didn't make a living?

I think that if I couldn't make a living working then I would take to crime.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom