The Qur'an (1 Viewer)

aziz rasul

Local time
Today, 17:31
I will answer this simply: Credibility.

But YOU weren't credible at all. You said that knowledge of Qur'an 23:13-4 at a microscopic level was known at the time that the Qur'an was revealed to mankind, yet when asked for evidence, you had none to offer.

As far as proving the existence of God, whatever proof is given to you would be a complete waste of time as you aren't sincere and wanting to accept the truth. The fact that you dismiss the above verse, shows how much a waste of time that would be.

aziz rasul

Local time
Today, 17:31
Then why accept something before finding some evidence?

But if the microscope didn't exist 1440 years, what kind of evidence are you looking for?

Muslims don't say that all other Scriptures are not true, simply that the uncorrupted versions were revealed but subsequently they were corrupted. Get your facts right.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:31
You said that knowledge of Qur'an 23:13-4 at a microscopic level was known at the time

No, I categorically did not. Drops are visible to the naked eye. It is individual sperm cells that would require a microscope. And when a woman has her monthly discharge, it can come out as a bloody little clot. I don't need a microscope for either. So now YOU can STOP lying about what I said.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 12:31
Not sure I can even comment on anything anymore as things have turned really sour in this thread. Too much false cut and paste writings of the false prophet. Where is the love?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Where is the love?

Mike, the opinions of Winston Churchill regarding Islam tend to deny the presence of love in that particular quarter. If you have not read his comments, it would be enlightening. And since he had a LOT of experience with Islam while he was doing government-related things in Africa for Great Britain, he had a chance to see it first-hand. His testimony is therefore based on at least some experience. I will simply say, he was not particularly enamored of Islam.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:31
Muslims don't say that all other Scriptures are not true, simply that the uncorrupted versions were revealed but subsequently they were corrupted.
A semantic difference only. Islam considers other books are false.

The fact is all the holy books are nonsense from a time when people mistook having hallucinations as divine inspiration rather than being a mental illness. We don't have prophets any more because mental illness can be recognised by most people.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 09:31
Adam, I'm wondering how your priest/preacher/God would feel about your calling people names. Not favorably I'm guessing. You can treat people with respect even if you disagree with them.

I've always been a bit conflicted on this. (Ok, not conflicted on this specific situation, but more broadly).
Jesus did a fair amount of insulting, when He was particularly indignant. (i.e. calling people you cheating snakes, fools, etc - which I believe can be fairly compared with a modern day verbiage of just calling somebody an a-hole or a moron)
On the other hand, much of the new testament affirms the expectation that we will love people with the love of Christ (which sometimes focused more on correction, sometimes more on forgiveness, depending - the Holy Spirit guides us I think in these situations).
Then again, it is my personal opinion that the majority of the times in the Bible where we are called to love others is actually referring to other believers. Don't anyone jump on me too hard for that, it doesn't mean I'm saying we should hate unbelievers, I just read the verses and they clearly seem to be talking about within the church - in fact many of them say "each other" or "one another" which quite LITERALLY means one another of you - not others. I do think there is some value in recognizing this (perhaps controversial) interpretation, though ... It would free us up to realize that we most definitely can engage with [society, government, conversations] on an assertive level [when we think it's truly the right thing to do], rather than if we had a super-vague definition of Love (like the secular world does) which basically means to never offend anyone.

Now pbaldy forgive me please in advance, as I'm not actually disagreeing with you, it just made me think of a halfway-related thing that's often occurred to me when reading the Bible and figured I'd bring it up.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
oh, and to add to that....Christ is king of king, and lord of lords. The Qu'ran doesn't mean shit. and richard, stay out of this one, huh? I read that you gave up anyway.
By the way, how many different ways to spell the Q'uran are there ??

conception_native_0123

Local time
By the way, how many different ways to spell the Q'uran are there ??
ya know Isaac, since it doesn't mean anything to me, I never considered finding out. Do you want to know? I COULD put some effort in for a stand-up guy like you.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
pbaldy forgive me please in advance

You got it. ;)

I unsubscribed after Adam answered and will again after posting this, so forgive me for that. :p

I probably fall into the "spiritual but not religious" camp. I don't believe any of the books are "divine", they're written by people trying to understand the unknowable. I simply try to live my life by treating others the way I wish to be treated. I don't criticize others for believing otherwise. If believing gives them peace, great.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
You got it. ;)

I unsubscribed after Adam answered and will again after posting this, so forgive me for that. :p

I probably fall into the "spiritual but not religious" camp. I don't believe any of the books are "divine", they're written by people trying to understand the unknowable. I simply try to live my life by treating others the way I wish to be treated. I don't criticize others for believing otherwise. If believing gives them peace, great.
Fair enough!Fair enough!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The problem with figuring out the correct spelling of the Quran is that we REALLY are looking for the correct transliteration of the title "Quran." And it is published in many different Aramaic-rooted languages, which means the transliteration rules differ from one language to the next. Further complicated by some of those languages having multi-valued letter equivalents.

I'm content with the fact that when I wrote "Quran" that Aziz didn't accuse me of maliciously misspelling the name.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:31
The problem with figuring out the correct spelling of the Quran is that we REALLY are looking for the correct transliteration of the title "Quran."
Plus there are multiple versions of Arabic with variations on whether short sounds are written. These differences may be carried over and the short sounds are sometimes left out in the translations too. I think maybe that is why apostrophes are used a lot.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Wow you guys know a lot about Arabic. I'm glad I asked, learned something new

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom