9 Tips For Easy Weight Loss (1 Viewer)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 04:13
US problem is that the shops are so far away that you have to drive to them ...
Its just too far to walk

Here in the UK shops are closer together parking is a nightmare - so we have to walk more ? (mind you we are a bunch of fatties so i think there is a flaw in my arguement ?)

SpentGeezer

Pure Noobism
Local time
Today, 22:13
My patented peddle powered PC (nice illiteration there...) will solve all obesity problems. Over an eight hour day the user has to peddle for at least 1 hr to maintain power for the computer. This can be adjusted to 2 hrs for the more obese. Warnings popup on the monitor when more peddling is required. It is pure genius, however I am having trouble getting it past the unions. It seems they are not concerned about the health of their members.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 07:13
Having recently visited the US, I can safely say that the biggest issue is serving size. Holy s*** you have have massive soft drinks and massive meals. IF you made everything normal size (about a quarter of the size) then this would help!

The main reason for obesity though is lack of exercise! How many obese people play sport regularly? ZERO!

But this appetite you refer too, is induced by a fructose addiction. The insulin cycle is interrupted by the addition of large amounts of fructose in our diets.

Not only does it inspire you to eat more, but it also acts to lower your blood sugar levels more rapidly and to deplete them even more. Which in tern, makes you hungry again.

The food companies have created a nation of sugar addicted people. And like the fat, stupid, cows that we are, we just let them.

You can exercise quite regularly and still be fat if you do not control you eating habits. And sugar is the main ingredient for stimulating hunger.

SpentGeezer

Pure Noobism
Local time
But this appetite you refer too, is induced by a fructose addiction. The insulin cycle is interrupted by the addition of large amounts of fructose in our diets.

Not only does it inspire you to eat more, but it also acts to lower your blood sugar levels more rapidly and to deplete them even more. Which in tern, makes you hungry again.

The food companies have created a nation of sugar addicted people. And like the fat, stupid, cows that we are, we just let them.

You can exercise quite regularly and still be fat if you do not control you eating habits. And sugar is the main ingredient for stimulating hunger.

So the answer to the problem is don't eat fast food. Eat as much as you like (within reason) of meat and veg and cereals etc.. Don't drink softdrinks (pop). Don't eat junk food. Pretty simple stuff really. AND GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO - INSTALL THE PPP (PEDAL POWERED PC) IN ALL WORK PLACES AND HOMES!!!!!!!!!

SpentGeezer

Pure Noobism
Local time
I also want to throw out there that the obesity problem is due to the mental condition of people who comfort eat. I tell you, if people feel miserable and depressed then getting out and doing something (EXERCISE MAYBE?) makes you feel great. Going home and sulking and eating to comfort yourself will make you fatter and more miserable.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I also want to throw out there that the obesity problem is due to the mental condition of people who comfort eat. I tell you, if people feel miserable and depressed then getting out and doing something (EXERCISE MAYBE?) makes you feel great. Going home and sulking and eating to comfort yourself will make you fatter and more miserable.

Indeed, there was a large study on depression and they found a 25% reduction in depression if people took up an exercise program.

But they also found a 35% percent if people volunteered for some kind of charity.

GrahamUK33

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:13
I have found that 'weight watchers' has been very good in loosing weight and maintaining. You are given a number of points each day, such as 28 for me, then each bit of food, drink, etc also is worth points that you take away from your daily allowance.

If you do exercise then this will give you more points to use up.

You really need to track all what you eat and drink every day.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I have found that 'weight watchers' has been very good in loosing weight and maintaining. You are given a number of points each day, such as 28 for me, then each bit of food, drink, etc also is worth points that you take away from your daily allowance.

If you do exercise then this will give you more points to use up.

You really need to track all what you eat and drink every day.
I agree - I like the Weight Watchers Points system. I've lost 33 pounds in about 3 months so far. I still have a long way to go but it isn't so hard since you don't necessarily have to limit yourself from everything. You have to plan in order to do some worse items but you can enjoy them (like burgers, pizza, ice cream, etc) every once in a while.

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
I agree - I like the Weight Watchers Points system. I've lost 33 pounds in about 3 months so far. I still have a long way to go but it isn't so hard since you don't necessarily have to limit yourself from everything. You have to plan in order to do some worse items but you can enjoy them (like burgers, pizza, ice cream, etc) every once in a while.

Good for you. I've gained 30lbs since last year because of 2 knee surgeries and me just sitting on my butt eating.. I just recently started counting my calorie intake for the day.. I was eating WAY to much during the day. Now that I'm counting, i do feel like I'm hungry all the time, but I'm guessing my stomach has to get used to eating less, if that makes sense?

GrahamUK33

Registered User.
Local time
Keep at it Ray, you will get over the hungry stage and used to the smaller meals, it just takes a little time and motivation. :)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
So far 15 lbs in 3 weeks.

Remember if today you fall off the wagon, that is not an excuse to stay off.

Today I will eat correctly and work out.

It's really simple, drop the sugar, and exercize.

hodson

Banned
Local time
Tip # 1, 7, 8, are really helpful and also the tips no 2 and 5 are made essential for losing the weight fast and in easy way....... These tips are really the nice one and much helpful to any one.... Thanks for sharing these one tips with all of us at the wall.........

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
My roommate has a large can of raisins in the fridge. Now as you know I have lost 17 or so pounds in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

By not eating sugar, he of course has put on 10 lbs in the last month. Why is that?

I’ll tell you why, because he believes the “natural” folks when they say that fruit is not fattening. That is the biggest load of crap ever perpetrated by the diet crowd.

Sugar is Sugar, now granted, some are worse, like fructose for instance, long touted as Natural… blah blah blah.

For primitive societies, before agriculture, fruit was essential. Sugar put their bodies in store fat mode, without it they would not have survived the winter. So yeah, if you need an extra 30 lbs to make it till spring, by all means, go eat some more fruit.

As it turns out, a serving of raisons has more sugar than a Reese’s Peanut Butter bar (the big American Sized one). Get your carbs from vegetables, not fruit, and choose the ones with lots of color.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yep, fruit is high in fructose (a simple sugar). And raisins are one of the worst (as is any dried fruit) because the water is out of it and that just leaves the sugar behind and because you don't have the rest of the fruit (the water) you are essentially eating pure sugar.

This is a good explanation:
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/nutrition/a/fructosedangers.htm

And this part especially:
Fructose ends up circumventing the normal appetite signaling system, so appetite-regulating hormones aren't triggered--and you're left feeling unsatisfied. This is probably at least part of the reason why excess fructose consumption is associated with weight gain.

Hytech00

Banned
Local time
Today, 18:13
No doubt,all of those are effective in losing weight.But no 8 is most effective,I think

Brenden01

Banned
Local time
It is better if you take some medical recommendation before you would start up with your diet for losing weight. Never skip your breakfast or lunch in order to lose weight faster. Have a healthy mindset to lose weight and do not overeat ever.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I read in the paper last week that of the top 10 fattest people in the world - consists of 9 Americans and 1 Mexican.

There's no doubt that Americans are supersize tubs. You just have to see them waddling around Oxford Street lurching from McDonalds to McDonalds - uggggghhhhhh it really is gross.

Actually, talking of food, why is it that (according to the adverts) you can feed a family in Africa for a week by donating "just £5" yet it costs us an arm and a leg in the UK. I pay £15 just for the wine and steak is very expensive.

Why do these African types walk 5 miles to get water then 5 miles to get it home? Why not move nearer the water? They surely must be able to work it out.

What has happened to the billions of £s given over the last 30 years or so? Apart from funding weapons and civil wars that is - does any of it reach the starving?

Col

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I read in the paper last week that of the top 10 fattest people in the world - consists of 9 Americans and 1 Mexican.

There's no doubt that Americans are supersize tubs. You just have to see them waddling around Oxford Street lurching from McDonalds to McDonalds - uggggghhhhhh it really is gross.

Actually, talking of food, why is it that (according to the adverts) you can feed a family in Africa for a week by donating "just £5" yet it costs us an arm and a leg in the UK. I pay £15 just for the wine and steak is very expensive.

Why do these African types walk 5 miles to get water then 5 miles to get it home? Why not move nearer the water? They surely must be able to work it out.

What has happened to the billions of £s given over the last 30 years or so? Apart from funding weapons and civil wars that is - does any of it reach the starving?

Col

It must be nice to be so perfect.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It must be nice to be so perfect.

I disagree, I think that it would make you a grumpy old man unable to tolerate the foibles of others, good job it doesn't apply to any forum contributors.

Brian

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I disagree, I think that it would make you a grumpy old man unable to tolerate the foibles of others, good job it doesn't apply to any forum contributors.

Brian

Brian,

On the list of my bucket wishes, meeting you, is defininetly one of them. If you are ever in Washinton DC or if I am ever in Great Britain, we should take the time for a cup of coffee or tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom