Access World Addiction Anonymous (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:08

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 13:08
ok Maj, I already told you that custom classes can be substituted in an easier way. any beginner in this industry isn't gonna pay your food bill to receive a product they don't understand. ;) maybe I should just write that FAQ on class modules.
maybe I should just write that FAQ on class modules..

Oh my god, that is rich. I am standing by for enlightenment. Dude give it up. A hair on my ass has more knowledge on Access and VBA then you will ever have. Put up or shut up. I have not seen you drop a piece a viable code, it is a bunch of blah, blah, I think, blah. Look, I try to like you Adam and be on your team. seriously. But do not F with me. You will have to call the United Nations to get a binding resolution to keep me from destroying you. Besides that I am totally on your team and we are cool. I am Yoda and you are Skywalker so just listen.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I am Yoda and you are Skywalker so just listen
Only SkyWalker knew when to close his mouth and open his eyes and ears. VBA_PhP has yet to learn that and I daresay he never will.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 12:08
Oh my god, that is rich. I am standing by for enlightenment. Dude give it up. A hair on my ass has more knowledge on Access and VBA then you will ever have. Put up or shut up. I have not seen you drop a piece a viable code, it is a bunch of blah, blah, I think, blah. Look, I try to like you Adam and be on your team. seriously. But do not F with me. You will have to call the United Nations to get a binding resolution to keep me from destroying you. Besides that I am totally on your team and we are cool. I am Yoda and you are Skywalker so just listen.
it wasn't a dig on you Maj! OK then I'm listening. you can say whatever you want and my ears are open. or rather, my lightsaber is lit.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
We don't allow offensive weapons on the forum, except the mouth.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
We don't allow offensive weapons on the forum, except the mouth.
both of ours right?

by the way, if anyone with authority is reading this, will I ever have any privileges to post a faq in the appropriate place around here? I suppose it's about time to put something up worth while, at least to satisfy all the thousands of my critics around here.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Words are violence.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
my lightsaber is lit.

Per Jon's advice, no weapons. So instead of light sabers, show us your true brilliance. Because all too often, you hide your light under a bushel and as a result, your bulb looks dim.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
both of ours right?

by the way, if anyone with authority is reading this, will I ever have any privileges to post a faq in the appropriate place around here? I suppose it's about time to put something up worth while, at least to satisfy all the thousands of my critics around here.

2sbg4i.jpg

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
show us your true brilliance. Because all too often, you hide your light under a bushel and as a result, your bulb looks dim.
well how do I do that? is that what moke's post means?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
maybe I should just write that FAQ on class modules....
PLEASE do not. If anyone should it would be me. You could, but do you really think there is anyone who posts more about this than I do. If the plethora of code I have posted does not prove that, then have at it. I am sure it will be a enlightening. Take a look here. Make a treeview in one line of code. Is this in your skillset..
Here is the thing, we all have a skillset, but Access and VBA is not yours. It is mine. I have no idea about php so I would not even try. So stay in your swim lane. this is mine.[/QUOTE]

Dreamweaver

Local time
I spent 3-4 years with PHP when I was running my other site 12ish years ago though

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What was your site about Mick?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
but Access and VBA is not yours. It is mine. I have no idea about php so I would not even try. So stay in your swim lane. this is mine.
don't take this the wrong way Yoda, but do you realize that all programming languages are nothing by hierarchial patterns? that's exactly why the corporate people of the world will be able to automate code writing in the future, and thus turn the programmers into button clickers. I was sure you would've figured that out by now. no? but any FAQ that I post would certainly not be anything as complicated as a tree like that! I don't work with anyone that would understand even 10% of what you posted. I do have a custom-class example in PHP but I'd have to find the code to post it. but to give you an idea of the parallelism between 2 languages, how about this? (javascript and vba, no PHP here):
Code:
int x; (js).....dim x (vba)
int x = 1; (js).....const x = 1 (vba)
a js function:
Code:
function retVal() {
   int x;
   int ret;
      for (x = 1; x <10; x++) {
         ret = ret + x }
   return ret;
}
and the VBA equivalent of it:
Code:
function retVal as integer
   dim x as integer
   dim ret as integer
      for x = 1 to 9
         ret = ret + x
      next x
   retVal = ret
end function
does that help "enlighten" you, Maj? :) I hope I got all that right!

<edit>
maybe that should have been:
Code:
int x; (js).....dim x as integer(vba)
int x = 1; (js).....dim x as integer (vba)
            .......... x = 1 (vba)

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
What was your site about Mick?
Same name as now but was a music Chart Site I used to create charts in Access upload to mysql with Vb I got ill so had to stop but that was a long time ago
I used a free forum that at that time was free and edited it to my needs I'll see if theres an archive of it

Reactions: Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom