Local time
Today, 13:13
Midwesterners are so polite - :)

Thanks.

sandy6078

Take a deep breath
Local time
Thank you, I was raised that way. You know home for dinner everynight, yes sir, no maam etc.;):):D

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 12:13
( 99.9 % of the time) tere are a small % of jobs that are whole geared towards 1 sex or the other
I'd like to know any of them. A job geared towards any sex is fine with me. :)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:13
and what if the mother cusses, drinks, smokes, takes drugs, steals and stays at home.

Working does not make you any less of a mother just as working does not make you any less of a father, IMO.

To be honest, a childs behavioral problem usually stems from the lack of a strong father figure. A mother's love is 99% guaranteed but it needs backing up with a father's keen attention on their children which is more often lacking than a mother's.

Just my opinion.

I think you know what I am getting at without things twisting off a different direction. Of course there are other factors and there are exceptions to the rules too. I could take your example and turn it around and say what if Dad is a hot head, or an adulterous, a drunkard and etc. The best all around is that Mom and Dad both are both present and working as a team. The one thing that "working" does do that does factor in is it gives you less time to work at being a Mother and it turns many situations into latch key kids. For the ones that you show me that are working out alright with Mom working there are more that are not. I'm not saying that just because you work your not a good Mother or because you don't you are a good Mother but a working Mom has been put into a situation of not having the same amount of time to work at being a Mom. Babysitters are raising their kids, not them.

GolfProRM

If all else fails, hit F1
Local time
My issue with stay-at-home parents is that the children are often not well socialized. The biggest benefit I see in daycare (quality daycare that is), especially for pre-school age children is that the kids get to spend most of the day interacting with peers. When they reach school age, they spend all day around peers, so by socializing them young, the school transition tends to go much better. Kids that spend all day at home with "mommy" are much more difficult to handle in early elementary school.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:13
I still think that both parents pulling their weight as being parents is far more important than who works where. If both parents are doing this, there is no problem.

By the way, I wasn't twisting anything. I was simply making the point that a stay at home mom is not necessarily a good mom. I will take you down the local trailer park if you like and show you what I mean.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
My issue with stay-at-home parents is that the children are often not well socialized. The biggest benefit I see in daycare (quality daycare that is), especially for pre-school age children is that the kids get to spend most of the day interacting with peers. When they reach school age, they spend all day around peers, so by socializing them young, the school transition tends to go much better. Kids that spend all day at home with "mommy" are much more difficult to handle in early elementary school.

Thats a good point. At a good day-care they will organise activities for the kids while alot of the time at home the TV just gets turned on.

GolfProRM

If all else fails, hit F1
Local time
Thats a good point. At a good day-care they will organise activities for the kids while alot of the time at home the TV just gets turned on.

It's not even that --- even if the parent and child(ren) have structured activities and play time, all the kid(s) know is playing with mom(dad). They don't learn to deal with a variety of behaviors or sometimes even how to share.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Look, there is an increasing problem with children being unruly, disrespectful, or basically out of control. Thats why 15 yr old children knife each other, thats why a 15 yr old girl today was found guilty of filming her 2 friends beat a man to death.

The family (with exceptions) has fallen apart, mainly due to greed of parents who want for more more more. I married with bugger-all money, rented a flat in a seedy part of Bristol - children was the last thing we wanted, we could hardly afford food.

These days, couples think they're hard done by if they don't have a £200,000 house the day they get married. They have no plan for family, and get pregnant then palm the kid off on grand-parents who don't want to see another baby as long as they live. (obviously they say they like to do it) - or they fob the kid off to a complete stranger.

Until parents wake up and admit they are the root of the problem then the problem will continue and get worse. But whilst the money grabbing selfish sods continue both working and play at raising a kid then there will be no improvement.

Mothers should raise kids, Dads should work and earn the money. If the figures don't match up then that's tough, they should sell the kid on ebay:)

Col

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
By the way, I wasn't twisting anything. I was simply making the point that a stay at home mom is not necessarily a good mom. I will take you down the local trailer park if you like and show you what I mean.

Hey dc,

I did not say that you were "twisting anything". What I did say is "things twisting off a different direction." You know like, "chasing a rabbit." As far as you taking me to the local trailer park. That won't be necessary. I have worked with disabled children for almost 21 years, so I have seen about every scenario that you could imagine and have been it almost any kind of home you can imagine. (as far as family dynamics goes) Besides, what's your implication? That a Mom, who lives in a trailer park, even though she doesn't work, is not going to be a good Mother?

I think I will bow out of this conversation, at least for now, it kind of has the makings of a no end to it.

KenHigg

Local time
Look, there is an increasing problem with children being unruly, disrespectful, or basically out of control. Thats why 15 yr old children knife each other, thats why a 15 yr old girl today was found guilty of filming her 2 friends beat a man to death.

The family (with exceptions) has fallen apart, mainly due to greed of parents who want for more more more. I married with bugger-all money, rented a flat in a seedy part of Bristol - children was the last thing we wanted, we could hardly afford food.

These days, couples think they're hard done by if they don't have a £200,000 house the day they get married. They have no plan for family, and get pregnant then palm the kid off on grand-parents who don't want to see another baby as long as they live. (obviously they say they like to do it) - or they fob the kid off to a complete stranger.

Until parents wake up and admit they are the root of the problem then the problem will continue and get worse. But whilst the money grabbing selfish sods continue both working and play at raising a kid then there will be no improvement.

Mothers should raise kids, Dads should work and earn the money. If the figures don't match up then that's tough, they should sell the kid on ebay:)

Col

Col

Careful ol' buddy... remember you're supposed to be taking it easy :)

(The ebay bit was funny though :) )

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
Now just hold on for a minute. I grew up in an orphanage with no strong ---- excuse me, I have a sudden urge to assault someone. Back in a bit...

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Perhaps parents and particularly mothers have it too easy.

Maybe the rules need to be tightened.

a) Maternity pay should be abolished. If females want a baby then they resign from work - this will avoid the selfish act of them expecting their colleagues to cover whilst they're off swanning about on full pay at home.

b) If they want to work after birth, then they apply for a job as normal, declaring to the employer they have baby baggage, if they get the job then have to rush off because Johnny has a drippy nose then they lose pay.

c) Child benefit should stop if mum gets a job.

d) Parents should have special day for shopping - this will give people a chance to avoid the supermarket and shops and not have to listen to babies crying or having a tantrum or be run down by a rabid mother pushing a buggy. One day a week would do for babies and toddler shopping.

e) Parents should be sued for the damage their wayward kids do by keying cars, stealing, vandalism, robbery, violence etc etc This may help parents take some responsibility instead of blaming everyone else rather than themselves.

f) Prospective parents should have to prove they can afford the kid with mum not working. If they can't then no kid. Either a termination or the kid gets fostered to people who can afford it.

g) Toddlers should not be allowed in restaurants it spoils the meal for everyone else and parents care nothing of the disruption they cause.

h) Parents should be sent on anti-selfish courses. They are not the only people on the planet and should learn that others have rights to a quiet time out without a screaming brat 10ft away.

Col

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
your off again aren't you Col...lol

while I kinda agree with some of your ethos - I don't think I would have put it that bluntly

and some of the items are iffy to say the least

I take my daughter 2 years old into any resteraunt (not too late - before 7.00) and she sit's there quitely - doesn't run around , smiles at people - i take her into resteraunts to show her how to behave in public - and she has always been a dream .

as to benefits - hmmm its designed to help with high costs - I would have the following
a higher payment for the first child nothing for the second and any payments withdrawn for the 3 ( leeway for mullitple births twins etc..)
as to a special day for mums shopping , why stop there - how about a special day for old people, and banning them from restuarants between 12 and 2 ...-

I presume your an Orsen Wells fan... (lol)

take it easy with t e blood pressure , don't want you blowing another gaskett..
Gary

KenHigg

Local time
Perhaps parents and particularly mothers have it too easy.

Maybe the rules need to be tightened.

a) Maternity pay should be abolished. If females want a baby then they resign from work - this will avoid the selfish act of them expecting their colleagues to cover whilst they're off swanning about on full pay at home.

b) If they want to work after birth, then they apply for a job as normal, declaring to the employer they have baby baggage, if they get the job then have to rush off because Johnny has a drippy nose then they lose pay.

c) Child benefit should stop if mum gets a job.

d) Parents should have special day for shopping - this will give people a chance to avoid the supermarket and shops and not have to listen to babies crying or having a tantrum or be run down by a rabid mother pushing a buggy. One day a week would do for babies and toddler shopping.

e) Parents should be sued for the damage their wayward kids do by keying cars, stealing, vandalism, robbery, violence etc etc This may help parents take some responsibility instead of blaming everyone else rather than themselves.

f) Prospective parents should have to prove they can afford the kid with mum not working. If they can't then no kid. Either a termination or the kid gets fostered to people who can afford it.

g) Toddlers should not be allowed in restaurants it spoils the meal for everyone else and parents care nothing of the disruption they cause.

h) Parents should be sent on anti-selfish courses. They are not the only people on the planet and should learn that others have rights to a quiet time out without a screaming brat 10ft away.

Col

How about everyone has a medical treatment at birth that prevents them from having kids. When they grow up and prove they would be good parents the treatment would be reversed - ? I mean I had to get a license to catch a fish but anyone can have a kid...

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
63.5 years and above - should just about catch all those oldier ..

lol

Anybody under that age should be working between 12 and 2, how about a curfew of 20:00 hrs for everybody under 50, oh and of course nobody under that age is responsible enough to drive or drink, and then...

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Beards of course should be banned altogether :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom