Autocomplete in Combobox: working for one backend, but not another (1 Viewer)

cricketbird

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:32
I have an Access database that can refer to multiple different backends. When users open the database, they are prompted to choose a backend from a list. When selecting all but one backend, all forms and reports work as expected. With just this one backend, everything works as expected, except that Comboboxes won't autocomplete.

When a user starts typing a value into a combobox when connected to this particular backend, they are not given any suggestions. When they type (correctly) a complete term from the list, a message box pops up saying "The text you entered isn't an item in the list". However, they can still select that same item from the dropdown. They can even copy and paste from one record to another with no issues. They just can't type or see autocomplete suggestions.

I've compacted-and-repaired both the front and backends. Are there any other suggestions to fix this issue?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:32
Sometimes, what your eyes see are not the same as what the computer sees. Try checking the data to make sure you're not dealing with non-printable characters.

cricketbird

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:32
Sometimes, what your eyes see are not the same as what the computer sees. Try checking the data to make sure you're not dealing with non-printable characters.
Thank you - I think something was corrupt or indeed a strange unprintable character. I made a new blank copy of this backend and simply copied and pasted the old data into the new database. When I pasted one record, it threw an error. I retyped that record and now everything works. Thank you!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:32
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom