Cyberbullying VS Light-Hearted Prank (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 11:03
They didn't invent the language, they cut and pasted it from various sources. That and depending on where you lived, your written word changed. English has evolved far too many times for anyone to call anything about it "proper."

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:03
Colin

Australia gained its independence from England over 100 years ago. Namely 1901.

Since that time we have severed more and more of our association with England.

What we have as head of Government is an independent person to act as the Queen's representative. However the Governor General is nominated by the Prime Minster and is simply signed off by the Queen.

I feel that you may be thinking of Australia becoming a Republic. I would not like to see this happen. We have one of the Best Constitutions in the world and I would not like to see that change. If putting up with a little ribbing for being part the British Empire then I can handle that.

God save the Governor General!

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:03
Anthony

I am perplexed. You know more about Australia than most.

Colin knows very little even though he spent 3 years here. I feel that he must have stollen a loaf of bread. But I don't mind Col. I have a great deal of respect for him. As they say one should have respect for their elders.

However when you say "God save the Governor General! " it makes be feel that you have spent even more time here than Col. Perhaps your whole life.

Am I correct?

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Anthony

I am perplexed. You know more about Australia than most.

Colin knows very little even though he spent 3 years here. I feel that he must have stollen a loaf of bread. But I don't mind Col. I have a great deal of respect for him. As they say one should have respect for their elders.

However when you say "God save the Governor General! " it makes be feel that you have spent even more time here than Col. Perhaps your whole life.

Am I correct?

No - just a little of the aussie constitutional history I know. ;-)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Colin knows very little even though he spent 3 years here.

I'm excused knowing about Aussie history, a) I don't care about it and b) I was there during the Gough Whitlam era. Oh and the pseudo American Aussie TV was filled with the watergate affair and tricky Dickie's naughtiness.

The only thing I did notice was how badly the white Aussies treated the Abbo's. I had never come across such blatant racial discrimination.

Col

RainLover

Local time
I'm excused knowing about Aussie history, a) I don't care about it and b) I was there during the Gough Whitlam era. Oh and the pseudo American Aussie TV was filled with the watergate affair and tricky Dickie's naughtiness.

The only thing I did notice was how badly the white Aussies treated the Abbo's. I had never come across such blatant racial discrimination.

Col
I was going to say that I was too young to remember the Whitlam era but I can't. It was thrilling politics.

Understanding who ultimately has the real power is interesting. If we are to become a Republic then this becomes very important.

Most Australians did not know then and even less do today.

In the gun debate I asked who if anyone, under extreme circumstances can have the President put aside and someone else in his place.

The consensus of opinion is “This is why we need the guns, to overtake the Government.

No further comment on that for now.

Racial discrimination. I maybe one of the biggest racists around. I say that up front because I really don't know what it means to be a racist. In general terms if I am a racist then I have not seen a person who isn't racist. Maybe I should start a new thread to discuss it in more detail, but I think the topic maybe too hot to handle.

As far as the way we treat our Aboriginals. Was there anything in particular about the way we treated them that would lead you to say "blatant racial discrimination"

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Here a racist is somebody who doesn't want the rest of the world to live in England.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
LOL

Australia is possibly big enough to take the rest of the world, and I will back that. The Aboriginals can teach them to cope with the conditions in the outback.

Brian

RainLover

Local time
LOL

Australia is possibly big enough to take the rest of the world, and I will back that. The Aboriginals can teach them to cope with the conditions in the outback.

Brian

Brian

The Aboriginal situation is far more involved than you might be expected to think.

Too many good doers think that if you have a problem then throw some money at it.

The truth of the matter is that Money is like fertiliser. The more you use the bigger your problem grows.

From an outsiders point of view I think I can see where Col has some issues.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Here a racist is somebody who doesn't want the rest of the world to live in England.

Brian

Bri, I have to disagree with that.

You must know only too well that since we became a member of the EU, our borders have been open to all in sundry wanting to come here for a better life. OK, that may be well and good, but as there is no real control we are now inundated with foreigners who sponge off the system - get a house, benefits, healthcare etc. for free.
Yet our own people, particularly those on disabled benefits are subject to cuts despite 30+years of paying the stamp and contributions. Surely there must be a flaw somewhere, yet we are obliged by the EU regs to let anyone in.

It will be even worse from January when Romania and Bulgaria will be allowed access to the EU countries in particular, the UK. Our small island is not able to withstand such massive influxes of people, something will have to give.

The answer (too late now) would have been a strict points system where only people we need can enter, but because we play by the rules of the EU, we are a sitting target.

Enoch Powell was right in his 1968 speech about immigration, it's a shame previous governments didn't have the balls to tackle this.

So, if that is your definition of being a racist, the I admit I am one and probably 80% of the nation is too.
But, personally, I don't care what nation people are from, but I do care about the UK and the way we are going down the toilet. If people from other nations can contribute by working in the UK then great, but I disagree with letting spongers in just because of a Brussels directive.

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Col I think that you misunderstood my post, I was merely stating the view of the liberal elite of anybody who opposes unlimited immigration , no matter how rational the argument.

We have certainly benefited from some immigration, I definitely have as the ophthalmic surgeon who operated on my eyes back in1984 was a chinaman, the only person doing the advanced op outside of Morefield hospital, and it was my Polish doctor that sent me to him.

I like foreign cultures, but where they belong, I don't want to walk down the street and not understand the signs in the shops.

Brian

RainLover

Local time
Col I think that you misunderstood my post, I was merely stating the view of the liberal elite of anybody who opposes unlimited immigration , no matter how rational the argument.

We have certainly benefited from some immigration, I definitely have as the ophthalmic surgeon who operated on my eyes back in1984 was a chinaman, the only person doing the advanced op outside of Morefield hospital, and it was my Polish doctor that sent me to him.

I like foreign cultures, but where they belong, I don't want to walk down the street and not understand the signs in the shops.
Brian
Just don't loose sight of the FIOFO rule.

There are two main things I hate in this world of today.

The First is the Poms and the other is those Black Fellas, :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D

Just Joking.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I don't want to walk down the street and not understand the signs in the shops.

Brian

You should live in Leicester. You need a degree in punjabi and most other Indian languages to shop there. Even here in Colchester, we have shops where the signs are in Polish.

I agree about useful people, that's why we need a points type system or we should only admit people who have a definite job to go to.

It's all academic of course, as I said, a) it's too late now and b) the EU rules dictate what the UK can do.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There are two main things I hate in this world of today.

The First is the Poms and the other is those Black Fellas, :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D

Just Joking.

When we went to Oz in 1972, the immigration policy was whites only, no non whites allowed. We had to see an Aussie immigration officer here and he admitted the only reason for him seeing us is to prove we weren't black.

It is true, many Aussies hate poms. We sure experienced that during our stay.

Col

RainLover

Local time
Col

Yes, we did have the White Australia policy. Aimed at keeping the Asians out.

We don't hate Poms too much these days. We have found pleanty of others to complain about. Especially the KIWIs. They have put the price of lamb over the fence.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Col

Yes, we did have the White Australia policy. Aimed at keeping the Asians out.

We don't hate Poms too much these days. We have found pleanty of others to complain about. Especially the KIWIs. They have put the price of lamb over the fence.

Kiwi immigration into Oz is great news.

It simultaneously raises the average IQ of each country.

RainLover

Local time
If you are going to have a go make it a good one.

Let's assume the intent is to drag down the IQ of Australia. The joke implies that the lowest IQ from NZ is greater than the highest IQ from Australia. So if any Kiwi comes to Australia he increases the average IQ here.

But how does it always increase the Average IQ of NZ. If you remove the lowest IQ then this is correct. If you remove the highest then it does not.

Please don't tell the Kiwis because they think they finally got one over us. With so many still crying over an under arm bowl they are still fragile.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
If you are going to have a go make it a good one.

Let's assume the intent is to drag down the IQ of Australia. The joke implies that the lowest IQ from NZ is greater than the highest IQ from Australia. So if any Kiwi comes to Australia he increases the average IQ here.

But how does it always increase the Average IQ of NZ. If you remove the lowest IQ then this is correct. If you remove the highest then it does not.

Please don't tell the Kiwis because they think they finally got one over us. With so many still crying over an under arm bowl they are still fragile.

Theres two targets to this joke and it gets em both.

Are you really struggling with it? - It would suggest it may be true. ;-)

You can replace the NZ bit with any country you fancy. The Australia bit is necessary however. ;-)

Last edited:

RainLover

Local time
Theres two targets to this joke and it gets em both.

Are you really struggling with it? - It would suggest it may be true. ;-)

You can replace the NZ bit with any country you fancy. The Australia bit is necessary however. ;-)
My point is that the statement is incorrect. Do the Math.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom