Election Day (1 Viewer)

statsman

Local time
Today, 14:39
The rhetoric is finished.
The promises to be broken have been made.
It's now up to the voters.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 19:39
The first results confirm the Opinion Polls. Looks like Obama is the man of the moment.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The first results confirm the Opinion Polls. Looks like Obama is the man of the moment.

Shame his wife will be widowed so young, she seems a nice person.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
I didn't know Obama was ill.

You would be too if you had to spend that much time with Hil :eek:

Edit: I think this was about the time he started getting qweezie:

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Let's get the forum reaction out of the way, then.
Delete as applicable.

So, McCain/Obama won then, just as I predicted/feared.
I don't consider myself to be a staunch Republican/Democrat, but - based on the views expressed by McCain/Obama - I'm glad/disappointed that he won, when you consider the alternative. As far as that man is concerned, I really objected to/admired the fact that he has a name that rhymes with that of a terrorist/used his POW status as a valid reason for standing, that he didn't have a crease on his birth certificate/crashed so many planes, and that he isn't 100% white/voted in agreement with Bush on many things.

My main concern/source of pride now is that now he'll set out to bomb/help people who pose no threat/pose an as yet undetermined threat/haven't worked a day in their life/have fallen on hard times while also aiming to bomb/help people who pose no threat/pose an as yet undetermined threat/haven't worked a day in their life/have fallen on hard times, leaving me to foot the bill.

Looking on the bright side, though, at least the US won't waste so much money on invasions/healthcare.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
LOL Truly countries get the governments they deserve

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
LOL Truly countries get the governments they deserve
What Government? :confused: The US "government" is of, by, and for the corporations. Home of the best legislation that money can buy.:)

KenHigg

Local time
What Government? :confused: The US "government" is of, by, and for the corporations. Home of the best legislation that money can buy.:)

Now, now... It's not just for the corporations, it also has the illegal mexicans best interests in mind as well - :rolleyes:

statsman

Local time
The illness will probably start when he gets his first look at the US Government's financial reports.

Obama: You spent 1.35 million on a round of golf?
Bush: I'm a big tipper. :D

KenHigg

Local time
All those fools jumping around celebrating in the news are going to be in for a big surprise when they have to get up and go to work in the morning and notice they still have a mortgage to pay (for those of them that actually go to work)...

KenHigg

Local time
I would love to see this, but the video is blocked by my computer's Phishing Filter

Allow me: A black girl says now she won't have to worry about putting gas in her car or paying her mortgage. :rolleyes:

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
I would love to see this, but the video is blocked by my computer's Phishing Filter
In fairness to her
a) the clip is a few seconds taken out of context
b) she does say Obama will help her if she helps him, not that he will give her anything.
I think the comments below the clip on Youtube itself speak volumes.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 13:39
She used the phrase, "I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won't have to worry about paying for my mortgage. If I help him, he will help me."

If I am not worrying about something, then that usually means someone else is taking care of it.

On the other hand, if I am not worried about something then it might be because my present state of being is more than capable of handling the something. In this context, the assumption is still there that Obama is taking care of a something (whatever that may be) to make me more capable (tax cuts, a spread-the-wealth check).

I honestly don't believe that Obama will deliver much on his campaign promises, especially with Pelosi running things. She will ensure her agenda is taken care of in order to cooperate with Obama's agenda. In my opinion, it is still the great bait and switch. This lady will still be worrying but will still get handed a "it's Bush's fault" until circa 2015 and/or we get tired of hearing it.

I feel better since the Dem's didn't get filibuster-proof Senate, but that doesn't mean anything when you mix the word politics in there.

But ... I think Axlerod ran a great campaign, I respect Obama in what he has achieved and enthusiastically congratulate him. Out of the respect for the Office, I am willing to give him a couple years to do whatever to see who he really is. I am sure it will take about this long before the main stream media stops the lunacy and starts doing real reporting.

-dK

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
There are several "versions" of the clip.

As Alc says, the clip is "out of context". We don't know if she really believes that the government will pay for her gas and mortgage OR if she believes that the government will improve the economy which will enable her to make these payments herself.

The Orange County Register (California) has an assemblage of some great cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom