Election Day (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 19:24
Doesn't "take-backs" mean reneging on something already offered/given?

You weren't supposed to see that ;):p

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Doesn't "take-backs" mean reneging on something already offered/given?
The line about "As time progress will we see ever more take-backs?" implies that he's already done it at least once.

My spin doctor advises me that the operative language is "ever more take-backs.", which opens up a continuum from 100% down to 0%. So if X was promised the take back can be first 10% then it could be 20% and so on.

Last edited:

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
My spin doctor advises me that the operative language is "ever more take-backs.", which opens up a continuum from 100% down to 0%. So if X was promised the take back can be first 10% then it could be 20% and so on.
But doesn't "ever more" imply that not only was there a number to start with (which may well have been 0%), but that more than 0% has already been reached. "Ever more" suggests an increase on "more".

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
If anyone really needs to read that article to understand this country will not be fixed in the next year, or is shocked by it, they need psychiatric treatment. Seriously!

KenHigg

Local time
If anyone really needs to read that article to understand this country will not be fixed in the next year, or is shocked by it, they need psychiatric treatment. Seriously!

And Obama see's that his crowd may not be the brightest of the bunch which is why he is trying to calm them down :p

They shouldn't worry though, I'm sure psychiatric treatment will be covered by his national welfare health plan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom