Godbye (1 Viewer)

drisconsult

Drisconsult
Local time
Today, 20:17
I am trying to find a way to leave this Forum. I no longer wish to be insulted by a gentleman from across the pond who when he has never heard of something, castigates the viewer. So how do I leave?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 14:17
Just not log in? Why is the first step of quitting social media always the announcing of quitting social media on social media?

And for those of you scoring at home--the "gentleman" I think dris is referring to is Pat Hartman. Which is amazing, because she's always far too kind in my opinion and especially in the last thread dris was a part of:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you want to leave just stop posting and put everyone on ignore

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:17
Just go to your preferences and un-check all the options for notifications, it's that simple.
I think AWF tries not to delete entire accounts if possible, because then what's the point of having a searchable forum/thread/convo history for people who come searching for technical help, if it can just disappear on-demand and worse yet, only in pieces and chunks.

Just stop visiting the site.
@plog that's a hilarious observation about social media. I think about celebrities and Michael Moore when I hear that LOL.
Always loudly announcing they will leave the United States because of this or that that doesn't suit them.
Unfortunately they never do. :D

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:17
@drisconsult as the others pointed out. Just don't log in. You can lurk incognito so you get the benefit of other people's answers but you can still punish us by not posting.

Isn't California trying to punish Montana by not paying for flights there for Californian civil servants? I think that's what Gavin Newsom got in trouble for this week:) Daring to go where no decent Californian would ever go.

I admire people who stand up for what they believe in. But not Michael Moore. He's a blowhard. All talk. No action.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Why is the first step of quitting social media always the announcing of quitting
It's called "Flouncing" and the people never really leave, they hang around to see what people say about them when they've supposedly left....

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:17
I am trying to find a way to leave this Forum. I no longer wish to be insulted by a gentleman from across the pond who when he has never heard of something, castigates the viewer. So how do I leave?
goodluck!
yeah, there are Many people here like that. they are also Clique so they try to defend the pack.
they don't see anything Wrong on their part, except for the beauty of it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
goodluck!
yeah, there are Many people here like that. they are also Clique so they try to defend the pack.

I hope you realize you are at the moment trying to defend the indefensible. A bad attitude is a bad attitude any way you define it. You can call it a clique but if you would bother to look at it you would realize that the problem has NOTHING to do with the Mock tests and everything to do with a badly designed user interface. We might not know about the inner workings of the tests, but we SURELY understand bad interfaces because we have seen so many.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time

I didn't cast aspersions on the problem. I cast aspersions on your response to someone offering to help with the problem in the best way she knew how. Have you ever heard the phrase, "biting the hand that feeds you" ??

arnelgp

Local time
A bad attitude is a bad attitude any way you define it.
it is a result of Bad answer that provoked such action.
there are just people, addicted to answering even when
they don't know anything about the subject.
or is it a mental issue.
just refrain.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This could easily get out of hand. I'm walking away from this one unless our member decides to ask the question in another way. I suggest (respectfully) that the rest of us leave it alone before this becomes an ugly argument. (If it hasn't already done so.)

arnelgp

Local time
i believe it is a condition.
unable to control/refrain from answering.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Put your toys back in the pram amd stick around. It really sounds like you need the support here to continue with your project.
Do not cut off your nose to spite your face.

You can try other forums, but will likely get a similar response. People do not want to waste their time 'dragging information' from a poster.
Newbies might be like that, but if you are a developer, you should know better? :(

I have even seen members on one forum go off in ahuff, as they were also asked to supply meaningful information about the issue, and that is the probably the mildlest forum going. :)

LarryE

Local time
Today, 12:17
I'd still like to help the OP, but then I'm just an English Springer Spaniel, so what do I know....lol. I still think if the OP could post a diagram of his design and table relationships, perhaps someone could suggest some improvements. Then maybe he would not need so many forms or have the users choose so many options on various forms. Many times, the design tells the story.

@driscobsult: can you do that and maybe someone could suggest something to help.

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Just not log in? Why is the first step of quitting social media always the announcing of quitting social media on social media?

And for those of you scoring at home--the "gentleman" I think dris is referring to is Pat Hartman. Which is amazing, because she's always far too kind in my opinion and especially in the last thread dris was a part of:

Pat is one of the best!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The problem is possibly that the original database might well have been developed by a non-professional, and upgrading it to later versions of Access won't help. Newer versions of Access are much better than early versions - Access97 was good, but I think that introduced a lot of better facilities.

In its simplest form, you should be able to add a yes/no flag to the exams table to distinguish a mock exam from a real exam, and change the queries so that they can distinguish between real, mock or all exams.

But the database structure and design might not make it as easy as that. Although posters here often offer substantial solutions to problems, it's hard to do that without seeing the whole database and code. You can't really expect advisors to struggle through assorted images, which may well not really explain the underlying problem. The best solution might even be to start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom