Good Morning (1 Viewer)

Daniel the Unique

Local time
Today, 09:07
Well, the registration form said I had to pick a username that was unique...

I am a retired (yay!) programmer, sysadmin, security code reviewer, with experience as a burger-flipper in the 1980s. New to Access, very basic SQL & database knowledge - just enough to bring a production server to its knees with a poorly constructed query. DBAs hate people like me, and with good reason.

I just started to make my first Access database, to keep track of what's in my library. Yes, I am old enough to own (and greatly prefer) actual books, instead of e-books.

Oh look , an emoji button! :):love::alien::devilish:👅🤵‍♂️👠🦆

Daniel

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:07
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:07
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:07
Hello, Daniel, and welcome to the forums.

Like you, I am a retired sys admin and security admin. In my case, for some U.S. Navy servers hosted at the Navy Enterprise Data Center, New Orleans. I've earned some hate from DBAs in the past - usually, though, by showing them how easily things can be done via Access.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 06:07
Well, the registration form said I had to pick a username that was unique...

I am a retired (yay!) programmer, sysadmin, security code reviewer, with experience as a burger-flipper in the 1980s. New to Access, very basic SQL & database knowledge - just enough to bring a production server to its knees with a poorly constructed query. DBAs hate people like me, and with good reason.

I just started to make my first Access database, to keep track of what's in my library. Yes, I am old enough to own (and greatly prefer) actual books, instead of e-books.

Oh look , an emoji button! :):love::alien::devilish:👅🤵‍♂️👠🦆

Daniel
I built a library database for myself and a couple of other users. Here's the table design. Ask questions about it and see if you can adapt it to your needs. Note: it's in SQL Server so I can connect to it remotely with an iPad as well as from the Access accdb Front End.

1706023153009.png

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:07
Hi Daniel. Welcome aboard AWF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom