Guantanamo Bay (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 19:30
and instead of thinking about me, I wanted to respect the feeling of others.

An American saying that??? Surely that's against the constitution isn't it?

'respect the feelings of others' - I can't imagine it's widespread in the USA. It certainly isn't in the US governments remit or thoughts - best early morning laugh I've had in days, thanks Shaney

I would imagine "we come in peace, shoot to kill" is more apt.

Col

Last edited:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:30
An American saying that??? Surely that's against the constitution isn't it?

'respect the feelings of others' - I can't imagine it's widespread in the USA. It certainly isn't in the US governments remit or thoughts - best early morning laugh I've had in days, thanks Shaney

I would imagine "we come in peace, shoot to kill" is more apt.

Col

'respect the feelings of others', I guess this is one time that an American did and you didn't.

and you actually argue with people when they make the statements about you that they do. Wonder where they could come up with such an idea?:confused: Nice try, Collie!

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
'respect the feelings of others', I guess this is one time that an American did and you didn't.

and you actually argue with people when they make the statements about you that they do. Wonder where they could come up with such an idea?:confused: Nice try, Collie!

So where's the "famous" USA respect for Iraqi innocent citizens - or Afghani citizens? or Guantanamo inmates held for years without trial, their only crime is to look shifty.

Go on Shaney, give me an end of day laugh too.

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
So where's the "famous" USA respect for Iraqi innocent citizens - or Afghani citizens? or Guantanamo inmates held for years without trial, their only crime is to look shifty.

Go on Shaney, give me an end of day laugh too.

Col

I ain't biting, Collie. Go spew your poisonous attitude on someone else. You want to have a civil, respectful conversation, I'm in.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Go spew your poisonous attitude on someone else.

Your example of the American respect you speak of Shaney?

I mentioned Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo because I was interested in your opinion as to whether those people have had the 'respect' you speak of. Like the respect shown to the red Indians when they were wiped out. However, if you don't wish to have a sensible debate then I understand - anything that may critisise the USA is off limits I suppose.

Ignoring the situation is apparently your best option.:rolleyes:

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
I guess you never considered the possiblity that he may just be ignoring YOU!

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Your example of the American respect you speak of Shaney?

I mentioned Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo because I was interested in your opinion as to whether those people have had the 'respect' you speak of. Like the respect shown to the red Indians when they were wiped out. However, if you don't wish to have a sensible debate then I understand - anything that may critisise the USA is off limits I suppose.

Ignoring the situation is apparently your best option.:rolleyes:

Col

Collie, I haven't been speaking of "American respect" anywhere, you twisted it into that. I have been speaking of "respecting the feelings of others here on this forum", you twisted it from there. I didn't even mean for what I said to you to be disrespectful. I was just trying to let you know that I am not going to follow the bait, that you have laid out countless times to many others, just for you to spew out your opinions. I don't believe you mentioned any of the things that you did because you were "interested in my opinion", you mentioned them cause you wanted my response to express your opinion. You have now twisted this to the point that because of my one comment of "respecting others HERE ON THIS FORUM to now making this a measuring stick on America/Americans respect level due to something that happened over 200 years ago. As far as having a "sensible debate", you don't know how to. You are interested in one thing and one thing only, expressing your views and opinions. Just because I ignore your baiting comments doesn't mean I'm "ignoring the situation" for my best option. My best option is to ignore YOUR baiting lead ins on subjects that you would not allow me to have a sensible debate with you on in the first place.

R

Rich

Talking about Iraq, there was an interesting news item on the BBC today, after adopting British tactics instead of the usual gun ho approach, some form of peace now seems to be coming to Iraq even in American controlled areas. Whilst this is some good news for Iraqis, how long will it be before Bush and Bliar crow that their policies have brought peace to the country that they fu%@#$ up in the first place?:mad::rolleyes:

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Talking about Iraq, there was an interesting news item on the BBC today, after adopting British tactics instead of the usual gun ho approach, some form of peace now seems to be coming to Iraq even in American controlled areas. Whilst this is some good news for Iraqis, how long will it be before Bush and Bliar crow that their policies have brought peace to the country that they fu%@#$ up in the first place?:mad::rolleyes:

I saw that story on BBC World.
I don't recall anything about...
how long will it be before Bush and Bliar crow that their policies have brought peace to the country that they fu%@#$ up in the first place?
Must have been making my morning tea during that part. :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Collie, I haven't been speaking of "American respect" anywhere, you twisted it into that. I have been speaking of "respecting the feelings of others here on this forum", you twisted it from there. I didn't even mean for what I said to you to be disrespectful. I was just trying to let you know that I am not going to follow the bait, that you have laid out countless times to many others, just for you to spew out your opinions. I don't believe you mentioned any of the things that you did because you were "interested in my opinion", you mentioned them cause you wanted my response to express your opinion. You have now twisted this to the point that because of my one comment of "respecting others HERE ON THIS FORUM to now making this a measuring stick on America/Americans respect level due to something that happened over 200 years ago. As far as having a "sensible debate", you don't know how to. You are interested in one thing and one thing only, expressing your views and opinions. Just because I ignore your baiting comments doesn't mean I'm "ignoring the situation" for my best option. My best option is to ignore YOUR baiting lead ins on subjects that you would not allow me to have a sensible debate with you on in the first place.

Take that as a no then?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Collie, I haven't been speaking of "American respect" anywhere, you twisted it into that.

Shaneybabe - You spoke of respect and you're American.

Is that not American respect?:confused:

Col

R

Rich

I saw that story on BBC World.
I don't recall anything about...
how long will it be before Bush and Bliar crow that their policies have brought peace to the country that they fu%@#$ up in the first place?

Give it time, give it time

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Shaneybabe - You spoke of respect and you're American.

Is that not American respect?:confused:

Col

Shaneybabe?? :confused: You either need to quit drinking your bath water or stop watching Kojak reruns.

Oh yea, you asked a question. The answer is "no", it's showing Shaneybabe respect. Can't be pulled any further or twisted any more than that.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Surely if you show respect to another and you're American - it must be American respect.

I don't follow, can you explain please?

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Surely if you show respect to another and you're American - it must be American respect.

I don't follow, can you explain please?

Col

I don't represent all of America any more than you represent all of England. If you were respectful or disrespectful to me. I would not think to myself "this must be how all of England is." I would only think "man Col is really showing respect here" or "Col is such a disrespectful person." I would not tag all of England for your behavior, whether it was good or bad, so in my mind taking something you did to the point of saying "this is English behavior" is a stretch or a twist. I realize a country or even a section of a country can have behavior patterns that would be characteristic of them but in this case, I was only trying to respect the feelings of others on this forum. I think it is twisting things too far for you to then turn it into an American measuring stick and then turn it the opposite direction and point out all of the times we have fallen short of showing respect. Bottom line, for me, is it is more of a human showing respect and that is as far as the category goes.

R

Rich

I don't represent all of America any more than you represent all of England. If you were respectful or disrespectful to me. I would not think to myself "this must be how all of England is." I would only think "man Col is really showing respect here" or "Col is such a disrespectful person." I would not tag all of England for your behavior, whether it was good or bad, so in my mind taking something you did to the point of saying "this is English behavior" is a stretch or a twist. .

I'm afraid the Scottish ,Welsh and Northern Irish may get a little peeved at being called English;):D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I'm afraid the Scottish ,Welsh and Northern Irish may get a little peeved at being called English;):D

Just where did he call them English, as I said a few posts back you don't read the posts correctly, or you put your own spin on them.

Brian

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
He used the American term for the UK ie. England, delve deeper Brian

No I didn't. I thought Col is from England so I said English. Isn't England part of the UK?

R

Rich

No I didn't. I thought Col is from England so I said English. Isn't England part of the UK?

You will note that the original post from me had a big smily, now there are some British Americans here with no sense of humour, now tell me honestly, do most Americans refer to the UK as England?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom