Guantanamo Bay (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 12:47
No problem and thanks for your concern. Don't know if she is on the road to recovery though. It's a very aggressive cancer and so far we have not been able to slow it down much. The kick in the pants is she's only 15 years old. Pretty sorry hand that has been dealt to her, but her attitude is fantastic and her spirits are good. Thanks again.
Sorry to hear about your stepdaughter. Please accept my best wishes for her recovery. My thoughts are with you.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:47
Sorry to hear about your stepdaughter. Please accept my best wishes for her recovery. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks Rabbie. Really appreciate you saying so.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
I know we rib each other but it's all in fun - as you know (I hope)

Take care.

Col

I do know. You and Rich, both, are like my Dad in certain ways. In our family we call it "pulling your pigtails." My Dad is the master at finding something that will get a reaction out of someone and then staying with it as long as he's getting a reaction. (pulling pigtails) Hanging around here kind of makes me feel like I'm at my Dad's house.:)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Caught up with this thread, it was bad enough when my wife was diagnosed with a none aggressive cancer, but one's kid, that's just not fair, my heart goes out to you and your family Shane.

Brian

R

Rich

I do know. You and Rich, both, are like my Dad in certain ways. In our family we call it "pulling your pigtails." My Dad is the master at finding something that will get a reaction out of someone and then staying with it as long as he's getting a reaction. (pulling pigtails) Hanging around here kind of makes me feel like I'm at my Dad's house.:)

Hey I'm not old enough to be your dad!:cool:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Caught up with this thread, it was bad enough when my wife was diagnosed with a none aggressive cancer, but one's kid, that's just not fair, my heart goes out to you and your family Shane.

Brian

Thanks a ton, Brian. Means a lot to me. How about your wife, how are things going for her?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Thanks a ton, Brian. Means a lot to me. How about your wife, how are things going for her?

She's not in the same catergory as your step daughter, diagnosed in 1992 she was given 3-10 with a probable 5 years, The consultant said do what you want while you can , so we set about travelling , and although the condition is worsening and her good times are getting shorter we did Tuscany(again) and Japan this year, and have booked your country again for next when we will visit Texas for the first time, she wants to visit San Antonio, we try to remain optimistic, but long haul flights and touring holidays may be coming to an end.
As I said not the same as your child at all.

Brian

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
She's not in the same catergory as your step daughter, diagnosed in 1992 she was given 3-10 with a probable 5 years, The consultant said do what you want while you can , so we set about travelling , and although the condition is worsening and her good times are getting shorter we did Tuscany(again) and Japan this year, and have booked your country again for next when we will visit Texas for the first time, she wants to visit San Antonio, we try to remain optimistic, but long haul flights and touring holidays may be coming to an end.
As I said not the same as your child at all.

Brian

May not be the same as a child but it does sound serious. Cancer is always serious though. Our family will remember you and your family in our prayers.

Coming to Texas, huh. Does any of your flights happen to go through DFW? If you are any where near Dallas/Fort Worth, my family and I would love to have you and yours, out to our house. You could even stay here, if you wanted and it didn't feel too weird to you. I talked it over with my wife and she thought it sounded like a great idea, so the bottom line is. If your coming to Texas and you'll be in North Texas, then you are more than welcome to stay with us.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
As long as you have pigtails Shane, we'll try to pull them.:) and anybody else's who happen to pass by.

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
As long as you have pigtails Shane, we'll try to pull them.:) and anybody else's who happen to pass by.

Col

I'm in. Except, in this case it would definitely have to be figurative pigtails. I told my step daughter (Kate) that when she lost her hair then I would loose mine. She made me stick to what I said and shaved my head about 3 months ago and I haven't had hair since. (me and my big mouth):)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I'm in. Except, in this case it would definitely have to be figurative pigtails. I told my step daughter (Kate) that when she lost her hair then I would loose mine. She made me stick to what I said and shaved my head about 3 months ago and I haven't had hair since. (me and my big mouth):)

I like it. Well done, that's the attitude that makes Kate get through this.

Col

sandy6078

Take a deep breath
Local time
Today, 07:47
Shane and Brian, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Attitude and courage go along way in the battle as well as a strong loving family.

God bless.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Shane and Brian, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Attitude and courage go along way in the battle as well as a strong loving family.

God bless.

Thanks Sandy. Really appreciate you taking the time to say so and we will take all the prayers we can get.:)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Shane your generous offer is greatly appreciated, and I will say on the forum typical of the many generous warm hearted Americans we have met in the USA.
Will PM you with a further response.

Hazel (the wife) and I think the shaved head is brilliant, hope it doesn't freeze or burn.:D

Brian

R

Rich

Since you've kept your sense of humour through adversity, a little presie for Christmas;)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Hey Rich,

It was quite thoughful, however, it will not work for me. It wouldn't look natural......there is no where near enough gray. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom