Guilty or Not Guilty? The George Floyd trial... (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:54
What about crowdsourcing verdicts to like 100,000 people? :D

That's not such a silly idea Jon. I sort of knew that the average guess for the number of sweets in a jar was pretty accurate... I have no idea how to research to check that this is not just an old wives tale, but I did find the following article, which lends some support.

Wisdom of the Crowd...

Extract:-
If you ask someone to guess the number of sweets in a jar, the odds that they’ll land upon the right number are low – fairground raffles rely on that inaccuracy. But if you ask many people to take guesses, something odd happens. Even though their individual answers can be wildly off, the average of their varied guesses tends to be surprisingly accurate.

So I reckon having 100,000 jurors would be a good policy, but it would be very difficult to arrange I reckon.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
So I reckon having 100,000 jurors would be a good policy, but it would be very difficult to arrange I reckon.
You would need to conduct trials in a football stadium. Imagine the arguments among them!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:54
You would need to conduct trials in a football stadium. Imagine the arguments among them!
Talk about "riots", that sounds like an almost doomsday scene!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I took you to mean that you would have to find some way to do it over the internet
I did mean that Uncle. I was pulling your leg. :p

I've used crowdsourcing sites for creating things like logos. So, I get a bunch of different designs, then I put them through a series of Google Consumer Surveys to see what others think. Crowdsourcing is brilliant!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Talk about "riots", that sounds like an almost doomsday scene!
Just like a normal football match with polarised sides. A few neutrals thrown in for good measure.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 08:54
Time to resurrect and insert the "Minority Report" into the discussion. The significance of the story, is that there will always be a flaw in the decision making process. Nevertheless, beyond the "Minority Report", the more "jurors" (decision makers, such as corporate board members or members of Congress) you have, the more flawed the decisions made become.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Is Biden fuelling riots if the verdict comes back not guilty? Biden and Waters culpable for inciting riots that lead to death.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Well, think about the worst things Trump said, which so many claim proves he has a culpability for the Jan 6th mass trespassing event.
"keep fighting", "peacefully go and make your voices heard".

Waters says to be "more confrontational". More? Stop and think about that for a moment. More than what? Even more than the level of protests and sometimes riots that we've seen? What exactly would "more" equate to? I would submit to you that the answer to that is clear. MORE than the level of confrontation we have already seen widespread, would equal lawlessness and violence. If anyone can explain to me what else it can mean, where you aren't grasping at straws to the level of absurdity, let me know.

Keeping in mind that the mainstream media greatly mislead us as to the severity of the Jan 6th event.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Maxine also said, "Fight for justice." But when Trump used the word "fight", the prosecution in the impeachment trial were suggesting that it meant physical violence. Well, now Maxine is saying it. What say you? Rules for me but not for thee.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
And we're forgetting even one thing more:

- When Trump said it, it can be plausibly argued that he had no idea everything that would happen. He got unlucky: People actually gathered and did something wrong shortly thereafter - shortly thereafter the same type of things he had been saying for 5 years to no effect.
- Maxine Waters actually DOES know - she has almost a full YEAR OF HISTORY showing her what racially charged protests and riots can and will occur.

When the first person gets seriously injured or dies, post-Chauvin-verdict, what will Waters' excuse be? She won't have one.

It's mind boggling to me how the Democrats have successfully manipulated their average follower to be completely devoid of common sense in so many issues. Given Trump, given Jan 6th (fact, not fiction), given the last year of violence and harm done to people in the name of protests, given all that--if you match certain criteria, you can still say whatever you want, you get a free pass.

Pat is right...if the Democrats had not double standards, they would have no standards at all.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
When the first person gets seriously injured or dies, post-Chauvin-verdict, what will Waters' excuse be? She won't have one.
She won't need one. The complicit media will "gaslight" that story. She will be hero worshiped as one who valiantly stood-up for 'justice" at great sacrifice. (sarcasm).

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
She won't need one. The complicit media will "gaslight" that story. She will be hero worshiped as one who valiantly stood-up for 'justice" at great sacrifice. (sarcasm).
So true. As an example, note the difference between CNN's coverage of the Indianapolis mass shooter vs. most of the other mass shooters.

Hint: The Indianapolis mass shooter's picture is part of the headline. The others are not. Taboo, by Wilfred Reilly, helps make sense of the approach the media has taken for the past decade or two.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
There have been proposals in the past to have professional jurors.

If any of the jurors have purposely or inadvertantly heard anything that Waters or Biden, or Tucker or Hannity for that matter, have said they are obligated to report their juror misconduct to the judge.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
There have been proposals in the past to have professional jurors.

If any of the jurors have purposely or inadvertantly heard anything that Waters or Biden, or Tucker or Hannity for that matter, have said they are obligated to report their juror misconduct to the judge.
How many groups of twelve randomly chosen people from the population do you know who would actually forego the use of their phones on the honor system over a period of days and then also report it to the judge when they broke that?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
How many groups of twelve randomly chosen people from the population do you know who would actually forego the use of their phones on the honor system over a period of days and then also report it to the judge when they broke that?
Probably the same amount that wouldn't ever miss their nightly fix of tucker or the latest trends on facebook.
I have had jurors approach me outside court and I promptly reported it. I've also had cases where other jurors ratted out fellow jurors.

Doesn't make it okay when someones freedoms at stake.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Probably the same amount that wouldn't ever miss their nightly fix of tucker or the latest trends on facebook.
I have had jurors approach me outside court and I promptly reported it. I've also had cases where other jurors ratted out fellow jurors.

Doesn't make it okay when someones freedoms at stake.
Agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom